Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You

We have been staying at the Grand Legacy. The music on the roof bar is kind of annoying, but we are so tired it doesn't matter. Walk is easy. Denny's and Tony's there. And under 200 a night. Premier rooms have a nicer bathroom area and better AC unit. The up front rooms have a really loud old wall unit AC, and there was dust on it. But it was the cheapest option of all the across the street hotels. Parking is kind of annoying there when you arrive on Friday night. I have heard good things of the Desert Inn too, especially if it's just a bed to sleep in.
I had grand legacy booked for my upcoming trip, but then chicken out and decided on going with the familiar at DI&S. I was most worried about space for the 5 of us. Do you think the premier rooms would comfortably fit a roll away?

I had grand legacy booked for my upcoming trip, but then chicken out and decided on going with the familiar at DI&S. I was most worried about space for the 5 of us. Do you think the premier rooms would comfortably fit a roll away?

We had a roll away in ours. I would not say it's "comfortable". The only place to put it was right by the door. If we had moved the table around to the other side of the TV it would have been better. But my husband opened it while the girls and I were at the park, so he didn't think about that. It was right next to the AC unit, which we had to keep on because it got humid. But for 2 nights, it is what it is. I think the non premier rooms actually had more space. We had a crib in there last year and didn't feel cramped at all.

I've never stayed at the Park Vue, but the BWPPI is great, definitely give it a try! It's nothing special but such a short walk!! We usually stay there and that's where I'd be staying this year if budget wasn't an issue. I'm hoping the DI&S will be ok for this trip. I'm not super picky as long as it's clean so I'm sure it will be fine as we only sleep there anyway. It was the cheapest, closest option!
Just booked BWPPI...so excited. We got a suite and I'm sharing the costs with my daughter and grandchildren! She has stayed at Park Vue before and said that was nice as well, and the convenience of being right across the street is awesome. It looks like the BWPPI is two buildings over, so really close as well. Now looking for plane fares. We don't go until November, but I feel so much better having our room. And...thanks to all of you for you input.

I made a mistake for the hotel but its no cancellation its days inn on ball rd near Disneyland dr. We are going to take lyft to the dtd area more less each morning and back each night. I have read some bad reviews and also some ok reviews. I think it will be fine but I am letting some reviews worry me far too much. Did anyone stay here?

I made a mistake for the hotel but its no cancellation its days inn on ball rd near Disneyland dr. We are going to take lyft to the dtd area more less each morning and back each night. I have read some bad reviews and also some ok reviews. I think it will be fine but I am letting some reviews worry me far too much. Did anyone stay here?
You are also walking distance to the M&F tram if you don't want to use Lyft. Just cross Ball Rd. at Disneyland Dr. (heading east), go south on Disneyland Dr. to Magic Way (the first signal), cross heading west and follow the path right there on the corner into the M&F structure -- should take 10 minutes max. You can go through bag check there (usually quick and easy), then take the tram to DTD. This can save you a little spending money. It's a pretty easy walk back at night, too.

I have been trying to narrow down a few hotels for our December trip and this was extremely helpful! I have a feeling the best western, Camelot and Tropicana are at the top of our list right now.

Thinking of taking a solo trip to DL (never been before so no idea how close / far anything is). Looking for suggestions for inexpensive but within walking distance as I'm hoping to do this trip as cheaply as possible (trying to use an airline credit before it expires at the end of october). I really only need a place to sleep at night as I'm an open to close park person. 2 places that I've come across so far are the motel 6 and the candy cane inn. Are these any good? Anyone have any other suggestions? Looking to go end of september to early october for 5 days with 3 park days.

thanks

Thinking of taking a solo trip to DL (never been before so no idea how close / far anything is). Looking for suggestions for inexpensive but within walking distance as I'm hoping to do this trip as cheaply as possible (trying to use an airline credit before it expires at the end of october). I really only need a place to sleep at night as I'm an open to close park person. 2 places that I've come across so far are the motel 6 and the candy cane inn. Are these any good? Anyone have any other suggestions? Looking to go end of september to early october for 5 days with 3 park days.

thanks
CCI is a popular choice around here for sure.

The map link in the OP will show you all options. http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=33.809212&lon=-117.918813&z=19&m=w

From my signature you can see that when I go offsite - which is usually - I lean towards BWPPI, CCI and Tropicana. BWPPI is where I stay unless they are sold out. It is the closest.

:wizard:

Reactions: ky.
Tropicana or BWPPI and why? We will not have a car so no worries about parking fees.

Is one a better price than the other? Posters here love both those properties for the great location -- but BWPPI is technically the one closest to the crosswalk to the park entrance on Harbor.
I like the room layouts and room quality a little more at BWPPI but it has been awhile since I stayed at Tropicana. They may have had an refurb since I was last there. And I like the mini-suites for space at BWPPI. That BWPPI is slightly closer is not relevant to me. FYI.

:wizard:

Does anyone know what time breakfast starts on weekdays at Desert Inn & Suites? I emailed to ask, but haven't heard back.

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, across the street last September, it was awesome, it's across the street from the entrance, there is a McDonalds and Panera Bread in the parking lot of the hotel, you also pass a Denny's to and from the park entrance. We rented a car from the airport because we did Hollywood first and dropped it off down the street (less than a mile's walk) from the hotel and did the Disney Magical Express back to the airport, the pick up location was a short walk to, I think a Holiday Inn, down the street, they picked us up and we went straight to the airport, we were really happy with them. Our room at the Fairfield was Disney themed and faced DCA. The rooms are very clean and very spacious. The staff there was amazing, there is small gift shop for drinks and things, there is a Pizza Hut (on the 4th floor I think) on site where we at breakfast most morning, muffins and such. When we go back, we plan to stay there. Although because of the cost of California, we go less often. Our first trip we stayed at the Grand Californian, that was the best, but could only afford because of a deal they were running (2008), the next trip we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, LOVED that hotel, we only stayed there because it was my 50th birthday. But we loved the Fairfield just the same. Sorry to ramble.

Thank you about the M&F parking lot. But I was able to get a different place to stay that can also be changed for free so I am not made to stay at that Days inn.

Tropicana or BWPPI and why? We will not have a car so no worries about parking fees.
Is one a better price than the other? Posters here love both those properties for the great location -- but BWPPI is technically the one closest to the crosswalk to the park entrance on Harbor.

When it comes to pretty much all those hotels, go to the one that is significantly cheaper What is significantly cheaper? Well whatever you think it is for you. Some of us may not blink at $50 extra a night. For others, even $10 a night is significant. If they're all relatively close to the same price, then I prefer the BWPPI with Tropicana #2. These aren't 5 star hotels mind you. If you want that, these aren't the droids you're looking for. They're bare bones. But both of those we've always found the rooms clean and comfy. People often ask what is a close walk. Well you'll find a close walk at the start of the day is a lot longer than what is a close walk at the end of the day. If you're in relatively decent shape then pretty much the Hojo on the north end and the Candy Cane on the south end are what I'd say are close walks. But if you're not in the best shape then you might not even want to be that far.

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, across the street last September, it was awesome, it's across the street from the entrance, there is a McDonalds and Panera Bread in the parking lot of the hotel, you also pass a Denny's to and from the park entrance. We rented a car from the airport because we did Hollywood first and dropped it off down the street (less than a mile's walk) from the hotel and did the Disney Magical Express back to the airport, the pick up location was a short walk to, I think a Holiday Inn, down the street, they picked us up and we went straight to the airport, we were really happy with them. Our room at the Fairfield was Disney themed and faced DCA. The rooms are very clean and very spacious. The staff there was amazing, there is small gift shop for drinks and things, there is a Pizza Hut (on the 4th floor I think) on site where we at breakfast most morning, muffins and such. When we go back, we plan to stay there. Although because of the cost of California, we go less often. Our first trip we stayed at the Grand Californian, that was the best, but could only afford because of a deal they were running (2008), the next trip we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, LOVED that hotel, we only stayed there because it was my 50th birthday. But we loved the Fairfield just the same. Sorry to ramble.
I’m scoping out a 3-night April trip and considering using Marriott points. Two options are the Fairfield Inn and the Courtyard Theme park Entrance which appear to be almost next to each other. Is there any significant difference in walking distance?

Also, the Courtyard has a water play area but costs more points. Any suggestions or info welcomed!! Thanks.

I’m scoping out a 3-night April trip and considering using Marriott points. Two options are the Fairfield Inn and the Courtyard Theme park Entrance which appear to be almost next to each other. Is there any significant difference in walking distance?

Also, the Courtyard has a water play area but costs more points. Any suggestions or info welcomed!! Thanks.
Both hotels are good options, but the Courtyard is much newer and, therefore, nicer. The waterpark area is a big draw for that property. The FFI is a popular choice here -- good reviews all around, but it is older and smaller than the Courtyard. You really can't go wrong with either hotel. The FFI is closer to the parks, but not by more than a few minutes walk.

I don't recall seeing the Courtyard, but that doesn't mean it wasn't close by, I know the Fairfield is nice, clean and the staff was amazing, the pool is small, but we never made it to the pool. We enjoyed the fact that we could could pick up food on the way back to the room, several food establishments close. When you walk in the lobby, it has the "Disney" smell in the lobby, which is great, they held our luggage until it was time to check in, our room faced DCA and was Disney themed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter