~Chris&Laura's Shades of Green Wedding Adventure July 2, 2007~ Pics post 200&236

Awww I am so sorry to hear that Laura. I have really enjoyed your trip report and am so glad you shared your experiences with all of us. I am sorry those girls have nothing better to do with their time but read your personal experiences and make fun of them. You are a beautiful person and really don't deserve that.

Thank you Chantelle. Everyone on here is so sweet. I'm glad this board isnt like that one. I just don't understand mean people I guess. We all have different circumstandsaces in life and I just wish people could be happy for eachother.

that is such a shame laura. i really wouldnt let any of it bother you because obviously these ppl have nothing better to do.

these ppl must not be happy with their lives so they try to laugh at others to make themselves feel better. think about it if they were happy with their own lives and marriages would they really care to go stalk other boards just to try and laugh at ppl who are happy. these are just miserable jealous girls. they are not even worth your time. if they really have to sit and make fun of other ppl all day just to get a laugh that is just really pathetic for one, but makes me feel sad for them because there is obviously something missing in their lives.

Laura,

Please don't edit anything out of your TR because of other people on another board. There are people who will make fun of others because of ANYTHING! People get made fun of for liking Disney, but also for everything else - religion, race, weight, looks, sexual orientation, etc.

If you edit yourself you change yourself to please them. I've never read those other boards, so I don't know what is being said, but I can't imagine that a moderator would allow specific references to another board, let alone specific people and threads.

I truly feel sorry for them. People who make fun of others are so sad. It is jealousy. Just think of that VW commercial where people are all driving super expensive cars with the bullhorns "Because my daddy didn't hug me enough", "Because I'm afraid of my shortcomings" etc. That is basically what it is. The only people who put down strangers for superficial reasons are people who are insecure about who they are deep down. They'd rather point out things in other people and think their hair looks better or their ring is bigger because they are insecure about the BIGGER issues.

In the end, all that counts is what is true and is truly felt. Some people don't live their lives for their love and their passions. Some people don't even marry for love. They live their lives out of fear and that fear causes them to put others down. They don't feel better so they want others to feel worse.

You know you're a good person, with lots of talent, lots of people who love you and a new husband who would do anything for you. What difference does the opinion of the cyber equivalent of a few girls on the back of the bus gossiping make? None.

As far as everything else, I hoep you feel better and have a great weekend and enjoy the last of your wedding events. Just remember how lucky you are to have wedding events - for so many people it's all over in one day! Keep your head up and remember what's important.

Laura,

Please don't edit anything out of your TR because of other people on another board. There are people who will make fun of others because of ANYTHING! People get made fun of for liking Disney, but also for everything else - religion, race, weight, looks, sexual orientation, etc.

If you edit yourself you change yourself to please them. I've never read those other boards, so I don't know what is being said, but I can't imagine that a moderator would allow specific references to another board, let alone specific people and threads.

I truly feel sorry for them. People who make fun of others are so sad. It is jealousy. Just think of that VW commercial where people are all driving super expensive cars with the bullhorns "Because my daddy didn't hug me enough", "Because I'm afraid of my shortcomings" etc. That is basically what it is. The only people who put down strangers for superficial reasons are people who are insecure about who they are deep down. They'd rather point out things in other people and think their hair looks better or their ring is bigger because they are insecure about the BIGGER issues.

In the end, all that counts is what is true and is truly felt. Some people don't live their lives for their love and their passions. Some people don't even marry for love. They live their lives out of fear and that fear causes them to put others down. They don't feel better so they want others to feel worse.

You know you're a good person, with lots of talent, lots of people who love you and a new husband who would do anything for you. What difference does the opinion of the cyber equivalent of a few girls on the back of the bus gossiping make? None.

As far as everything else, I hoep you feel better and have a great weekend and enjoy the last of your wedding events. Just remember how lucky you are to have wedding events - for so many people it's all over in one day! Keep your head up and remember what's important.

LuLu thank you so much! You are so right these are just stupid people that don't have the happiness I have in their lives. I so appreciate all of you here. So many of you have said and done things that I will never forget.

I am new to these boards...I am planning a vow renewal in early 2009 and I have enjoyed your wedding TR sooo much and have gotten a few ideas from it! :goodvibes
I cannot believe how organized you were and how smooth everything seemed to have gone...although I am sorry to hear about your mom! :hug:
You are a beautiful bride and I hope you enjoy being a newlywed. Thank you for sharing your special day!

I am new to these boards...I am planning a vow renewal in early 2009 and I have enjoyed your wedding TR sooo much and have gotten a few ideas from it! :goodvibes
I cannot believe how organized you were and how smooth everything seemed to have gone...although I am sorry to hear about your mom! :hug:
You are a beautiful bride and I hope you enjoy being a newlywed. Thank you for sharing your special day!

Thank you very much. It was so much fun to plan. Stick around everyone here is so nice and helpful. I am sure you will get lots of ideas.

I loved your candles with the stick-on rhinestones. VERY clever!:thumbsup2
I may have to borrow that one!:rolleyes1

Feel free to "borrow" any of my ideas, that is why I posted them. Something else that I found worked well on the candles was the straight pins with the pearls on the end. I did that for a friend and they were really pretty. :love:

I just don't understand...what about your wedding would they tease or make fun of?:confused3 You had a beautiful wedding that had so many fun, handcrafted, personal touches added to it. Please don't change your TR...you've done such a great job on it. Plus, you are one of the reasons why this wedding board is such a fun and friendly place. :hug:

I just don't understand...what about your wedding would they tease or make fun of?:confused3 You had a beautiful wedding that had so many fun, handcrafted, personal touches added to it. Please don't change your TR...you've done such a great job on it. Plus, you are one of the reasons why this wedding board is such a fun and friendly place. :hug:

Aw thanks Tanya. I don't plan on changing anything now. Thanks to all of you. I guess they are just mean spirited people. Oh well thank God this is such a great place to make friends and plan the happiest day of our lives.

Laura,

I wouldn't change anything! There are certain boards out there that have members that search and search all over the dis to find something to take to their board and pick apart. They have branched out to the budget board and this board as of late. The things they said could have been said about any of us, and you can't take it to heart. These people don't know you, they haven't spent time with you on this board. Just ignore them (even though it is hard), and continue to have fun on this board like you always have!!!!

:hug: :hug:

I completely agree, Laura - leave everything as it is. We all love reading people's reports - because they're reports of the happiest days of our lives. If someone enjoys actually spending their time HUNTING for something to try to ridicule, well..... come on. What on earth does that say for them? As we say here in Hampshire, their mothers must be so proud of them. Sad, blackhearted, immature, cruel people with very low self esteem. I loved your report - LOVED IT!

Laura,

:thumbsup2

I love weddings so I lurk over here a lot but I usually don't post. No weddings in my family for a very long time I'm afraid. I enjoyed your report and enjoyed your pictures, you all looked as though you had a wonderful time. Your wedding and your Disneymoon were what you planned, what you wanted and from your report left you with so many memories of a very special time in your lives as well as the lives of your family. Not many people get to say that.

Please do not change anything you have posted, and never pay attention to anyone whose pleasure comes from causing pain. There are always going to be people who will look for an opportunity to hurt and ridicule others in order to make themselves feel smart and witty. Don't give in to them, not here or in any other aspect your life. If it is not you or someone you love that they are trying to make small on order to feel large, it will be someone else. That is when you can make a difference by supporting that person. In the meantime please remember that you shared your special day with a lot of people who enjoyed attending your wedding through your words and through your pictures.

I agree with everyone!! Don't change your TR just because of them!! That's just what they want. The knowledge that they upset you. Your wedding was beautiful!!! You are so creative! If I had just an ounce of your creativity, I'd be set for life:thumbsup2 . Don't let them spoil it for you!! It looked like you had so much fun for your wedding!!! Congrats!!:goodvibes

Here's another vote for not changing anything!

Laura- do you think most of us don't get made fun of for liking Disney so much? ALL THE TIME!

I get made fun of (funny faces behind my back, wierd grins....) that's why i stick around the boards, because we all have one thing in common and we can support each other.

I think we are very blessed to have families that love us and make memories with us in one of the FUNNEST places ever. Don't let silly people change that for you!:hug:

I agree with everyone else. Please don't change anything in your report. I've enjoyed reading it so much. I love seeing all the creative things that you did for your wedding. I wish I was that creative!

See this is why I on this board and not the other one. I really do not mind people talking about me. I just don't get people talking behind strangers back. Guess different people are just raized different. I truely appreciate all of your support. I'm not going to change anything. They can keep making fun of me. I just hope that their perfectness never wears off and they have the opportunity to have this happen to them.

I know I don't know you as well as some of the ladies here but that is unbelievable that people would talk badly about your wedding. Please don't change your report. You had a gorgeous wedding! And you were a beautiful bride. :bride: Some people really have nothing better to do but to tear other people apart. I am sorry this happened to you. Please don't let it ruin your wedding memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter