Christmas 2017

DH and I buy gifts for each other, our seven kids, my brother's family, and our three sets of parents. I also get a gift for my BFF and my daughter's BFF (who happens to be my BFF's daughter.)

For hubby, I'm ordering a Lester's Possum Park shirt. (Our first date in high school was to A Goofy Movie.). I'd also like to get him the NES classic console.

DSS19: we have a new flat screen tv on layaway. He moved out recently into his own apartment and could use an upgrade. He and his friends like to play video games. I also got him some clothes. He'll probably get some gift cards too.

DS19: So far I have gotten him some clothes. I'll probably get him a new pair of shoes, a gift card and some spending money for his Disney World trip in May.

DD16: Clothes, new bedding, and a turn table. The turn table was $70 at Kohls, on sale for $60, and then I had $50 in Kohls cash. :) She'll need one more gift...

DSS13: A new chair for his bedroom and some clothes. He has a few video games on his wishlist... and we'll probably renew his Lootcrate subscription.

DS12: There's some Monty Python Holy Grail shirts I'm ordering this week, and he has a bunch of movies on his wishlist. He's my movie buff. Not sure what his big gift will be yet.

DSD9: She's all about clothes and I've gotten her several outfits and a couple dresses. Also have Just Dance 2016 and 2017. Might look into things for her room; she's outgrowing toys. She asked for a kitten so we're mulling that over....

DS6: He's officially done. I got the Thomas the Tank Engine Super Station yesterday. He also has a couple other Thomas sets and some books.

For our parents, I've been working on photo albums. They have everything they want, so they're kinda tricky.

I do a family gift for my brother, his wife and five kids.... maybe a movie theater gift certificate.

For my friend and her daughter, my daughter and I will go out to lunch with them during Christmas Break. They are both Disney fans as well; I saw some Disney jewelry on sale I might look into.

I hope to be done shopping by December 1st so I can focus on baking and enjoying the month!!

I just bought myself a Christmas gift, does that count? :) A new kitchenaid mixer from Kohls for $240 (thank you 40% off code!) plus $40 in kohls cash, $6 in ebates and a free $99 spiralizer mixer attachment via rebate. Ya-hoo!

I really have been thinking about other peoples gifts, I swear. But they are hard and I am easy. I know what I want!

I am half done with my oldest son. I have two boys and while originally I wanted to spend the same on both it isn’t possible. One will be 11 by Christmas and th either just turned 2. I was also planing on buying the oldest wireless beats but that wasn’t on his list...I will see if they have a good sale for me to add to his list since he didn’t add it on there.

DS 11: have bought iTune Gift Card, Steam Gift Card, and Pokémon cards. I have yet to buy slippers (he asked for them...might be a stocking stuffer), sandals (we live in California it’s warm out 90% of the time), Abdul the new call of duty game coming out in November...

DS 2: have a stocking stuffer gift a Vader car. I orderered it and thought it be bigger. I also bought bath toys.

My husband and I both agreed on me buying for the 11th year old and he would by for the toddler. He gets excited about purchasing toys.

I have started to mak a list of what I’m buying my side of the family’s which is about 20 people... and from this 20i have finished with 1.

I just bought myself a Christmas gift, does that count? :) A new kitchenaid mixer from Kohls for $240 (thank you 40% off code!) plus $40 in kohls cash, $6 in ebates and a free $99 spiralizer mixer attachment via rebate. Ya-hoo!

I really have been thinking about other peoples gifts, I swear. But they are hard and I am easy. I know what I want!

Nice! I've always wanted one of these. One day! That is a very good price!

I've had some ideas floating around but my lists have been growing more and more specific. We are going away for a shopping weekend in November and I'm really looking forward to it. DD20 wants clothes, shoes, a new winter coat, make up , books, a Vera Bradley crossbody and wallet,a french press, loose leaf teas, candles, and a few miscellaneous gift cards. No "big ticket" item for her but lots of smaller things that will add up quickly. I'm just going to have her try on the clothes on our shopping trip and buy what she likes. We will be three hours from home and can't easily return things, so it has to be things she likes.

DS13 .. I'm sure there will be a game for the Switch and one for the Xbox but I don't know what yet, Xbox live membership for the year, new sleeping bag for our camping trip this summer, some clothes (he actually asked for them this year.. would have been his most hated present in years past lol ), board games -though I'm not sure what yet, a book or two, and other odds and ends. The big gift for him and Dh is the new PC built for gaming that Dh is having done in time for Christmas morning.

Dh- new PC that he's so excited for.

DH&I.. Camping stuff. We are slowly but surely getting all of our equipment for a three week cross country trip this summer. Almost all of our presents will be for that trip.

Everyone else.. 2 sets of parents, 3 name draw gifts on my side of the family, 2 nephews, sister and brother in law, 1 teacher and 3 kids I work with.. I have NO CLUE on these ones yet but I will buy for them on that shopping weekend . I want to be all done after that.

Then there are still stockings for the four of us, and 8 gifts for those Santa games played at family Christmas parties.

I never realize how much it all is until I write it all out. o_O

I do love all things about the holidays though and there is so much more than gifts. And I even enjoy all the shopping as long as I am organized and don't leave it too late. :santa:

Start? Except for candy for the stockings, I'm DONE. Been done for months.
I hate going out in the crowds, and I enjoy the season so much more when the pressure of shopping is removed.

I actually enjoy going out and shopping in the season even with the crowds. Mind you, not all of my Christmas shopping since I get a lot of it done early and/or online on Black Friday, but for any last minute things.
Really? I wish we lived near Target! It said in store only :(

Try Costco. Costco had some nerf guns that looked pretty cool.

Fabulous deal! I love my kitchenaid mixer. I don't know how I ever lived without it.

Hi. OP here. My husband has finally given me some ideas.

He wants new rims for his car-I'm clueless on those.

He also wants to start changing his oil and my son's oil in their cars, so he wants Rhino lifts. Again, I'm clueless. LOL At least my dad can help me with both of those things.

My 18 year old son just bought a new (used) car, so I should be able to find a few things for that.

My 15 year old son just inherited our oldest's old car, maybe I can find a way to personalize it for him a bit. Other than that he never asks for anything so I am always lost to find him something of any significance. He's just happy all the time and never makes a list, so I have to get creative for him all the time.

My DS loves his Milwaukee Bucks floor mats and lanyard (for the keys).

I bought one of the $14.99 Nerf Guns at Target with the 25% off. I didn't find the deals on the larger guns to be good even with the 25% off.

I'm making a little progress with the kids -

DS14 - wants Steam gift cards and the parts to build a gaming computer. Also put a large nerf gun and a lego set on layaway for him. DH will have to buy the computer parts, that's his area of expertise so I'm letting him worry about that.

DS7 - Fell head over heals for the Power Wheels Wild Thing at Walmart the other night. He's getting that plus a nerf gun, a couple of lego sets, and some other little inexpensive stuff to match the package count to his brother's.

I'm also watching for a trampoline on our local Facebook yard sale page. If I didn't want one, there would be 50 listed for free. The kids would love it, but I'm not paying full price.

Checking back in on the tread and wow! Some of you are off to a great start! I am seriously impressed with those who are done already.

Total purchases still stand at 2 (for DD8 - Monster High House and Styling head). But guess what?!?!? My daughter informed me last week that 3rd graders aren't really into MH anymore. They're all about Barbie! :O
She still likes MH though, so the gift stands LOL.

I usually have to wait until closer to the Holidays when my husbands job picks up and he works a lot of OT to get the bulk of the shopping done. Well, he was told this weekend that he is receiving a promotion and a bonus effective this week! I am so excited I can hardly wait for the check to clear! :D Now I can start buying things and not have to worry about it! WHEEEEEE

Ok, on to my predicament.... My 11 year old son. Wow... he is fully into the MEH o_O stage and is making it very hard to know what to get him. I am not joking when I say 95% of his answers to any given question is a shoulder shrug and he then turns and walks away! I thought I'd have at least a few more years before we hit this stage. Last year he was still into Legos, books, video games. Now I have no idea. Anyone else care to share what your preteen boys are into?

My little one, DS5 is easy peasy - couple of Lego Jr sets, nerf anything, Animal Planet toys from TRU and his big gift will be a Nintendo 2ds. He palys with his brother's 3ds all the time and they are starting to fight over it. I'm sure some filler type things like a robe, slippers and clothing will round him out.

Oh! Just remembered I got a STEAL on a gift for my niece (10) - she stayed with us a few days over the summer and she mentioned wanting a mermaid tail (FinFun) like my daughter has. They are far beyond what I budget normally, and my daughter wouldn't have one if I hadn't bought it on an online yard sale for $10. We looked them up online and I told her to ask Santa for it (intending to tell my brother about it). She was so sad to see how much they cost and acted like she didn't think it would happen. A few weeks later, one randomly popped up on my Facebook feed on a local BST page. I got the tail and monofin for $15!!! They are in like new condition, otherwise I would never give it to her as a Christmas gift. I can't wait to see her face when she opens it. She is such a sweet natured child and she deserves it.

So I guess that's actually 3 gifts down and a lot more to go. I've got ideas for everyone except my 11yo. I'm ready to get rolling!!

My 11 year old son. Wow... he is fully into the MEH o_O stage and is making it very hard to know what to get him. I am not joking when I say 95% of his answers to any given question is a shoulder shrug and he then turns and walks away!

What I wouldn't give for a shoulder shrug some days...DD17 is all drama, all the time. She is a non-stop complaining, whining and arguing machine. :headache: Wanna trade kids for a few days? :rotfl:

But really she's a good kid at heart. This too shall pass!

Oh, no thanks!! One girl is all I can handle! :P I can't even think about the teenage years yet.

He really is a great kid. Out of all 3, the most sensitive and caring of the bunch :love: It's just hard to know what he likes because he doesn't ask for anything. We got him a phone when he started middle school. Between the 5 of us, they have all the gaming systems and TV's they could want and he hasn't asked for a toy in ages. We are entering uncharted territory!

Well, I just bought a family gift. Tickets for Jan 7 to see Riverdance, their 20th anniv. I always wanted to see them and my kids(DS 19 & 21) always love shows. They will all be surprised. It came out to $355 for 4. I am really looking forward to it.

DH and I got some gift shopping done for ourselves this weekend which was a nice change!! He got the Kylro Wren lightsaber at the Disney store and I got the Snow White poison apple mug from there as well as a hip pack/ fanny pack/ whatever they're called nowadays with Mickey ears. The Lightsaber was on sale for $10 last weekend only and the mug was only $15 ($28 on Amazon!) and the pack was another $16. Plus we got the 10% off for using our Disney Visa so we got quite a bargain and each got something(s) we really, really wanted, so I'm pleased! I'm so glad they started giving Disney Visa holders the 10% on any purchase and not just $50+. Does anyone know if this is just a temporary promo for the holiday season for if it is here to stay?

Can someone help me out here? I want to get something 'techy' for my 7 year old DD. I am lucky on the days I can get my smart phone to do what I want it to do so I am the last person that should be buying anything based on technology. Anyhow, she has a Kindle Fire that she really likes playing games on. When I asked her favorite game is Temple Run. She likes playing Disney LOL games on our PC. Her favorite class in school is keyboarding. She is not really into arts and crafts or legos. She is the middle child and often gets lost in the shuffle so I would like to get something that is totally her. The only problem is that she's not really into anything. Any suggestions?

Ok, on to my predicament.... My 11 year old son. Wow... he is fully into the MEH o_O stage and is making it very hard to know what to get him. I am not joking when I say 95% of his answers to any given question is a shoulder shrug and he then turns and walks away! I thought I'd have at least a few more years before we hit this stage. Last year he was still into Legos, books, video games. Now I have no idea. Anyone else care to share what your preteen boys are into?

Honestly, I think you have a few more years of Legos, books and video games. That was the bulk of my DS's list until he got into high school and started adding clothes to his list in addition to those other items. He is a freshman in college this year and will still be getting a Lego set, video games and books, LOL.

Does your DS still like nerf guns? New basketball or football? What about an indoor basketball hoop, either over the door or stand alone game (if you have the room)? Brand name hoodie, shoes or socks you normally would pay that much for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter