Class of 2021 Parents

Legally Blonde was a few weeks ago. I was so proud of DD. I was impressed with how comfortable she looked on stage. Just as exciting, our dog ended up playing the role of Rufus, Paulette's dog, lol.
I can't believe how quickly the year has gone by! My college freshman comes home on Wednesday. I feel like we just dropped him off and I was crying in the car, haha.

Our year as few by fast. Last day of school is 5/16 and it is a half day. She has her AP test for World History on the 5/17. She will end the year with all A's so I'm very proud of her. She recently had her band banquet and got a few awards and her letter. Autumn last freshman band concert was last night. They recognize the Seniors last night. I don't even have a senior night and I was a little teary eyed thinking about the end of freshman year. She is signed up for summer school to do driver safety and act prep. She has a week off school and then will jump back into that for a month. July starts marching band camp till school starts again. It seems it is always busy in our house.

Well, turns out Dd has been being bullied for a few month by a group of nasty senior girls (known to be vicious) because she dated one of their ex boyfriend’s. She didn’t even tell me about it, just ignored them until the school was made aware of it. Kids were called down, 5 girls were suspended. Dd has a lot if good friends, including upper class men from track and soccer, who have her back (according to Dd17 and guidance). I hope they leave her alone, she’s such a nice kid. One of dd17’s friends was bullied by this same group last year over a boy. She is doing amazing at track, by far the fastest sprinter and a great addition to dd17’s 4 x 4.

Ds has been running track and playing soccer on 2 teams with a fractured big toe, just got him xrayed recently after hearing him complain for weeks. He’s still going to stick with it. His report card is peppered with some B+’s, unlike Dd, mostly due to Xbox. We still have 1 1/2 months of school left.

My freshman daughter(15) is finishing up track right now, she was on JV, but now competing in the county championship relays with varsity. So proud of her!!! She was excited when her JV basketball team won the County Championships, now this!! Wow! She is doing well in her Honors classes, all A's and B's(which she just started this year), so glad she could keep up. Now, in June she can get her learners permit- eeeekkkkk. LOL
Last day of school is 6/15.

Last edited:

Joining in the conversation... DD is 15 and ending her freshman year in Texas. She goes to a classical school, so this is her last year of Logic and will be a rhetoric student for the rest of HS. I can't believe how fast time has flown. She is an athlete.... played varsity volleyball (won state) and basketball this year. She also plays club vb and bb, so we will be busy with sports all summer, too. She got her driver's permit in March, but ran a red light and was nearly run off the road (two separate incidents) in her first two days of driving, so she's in no hurry to even practice more. Hopefully this summer, I can get her back on the road.

last freshman band concert was last night. They recognize the Seniors last night. I don't even have a senior and I was a little teary eyed.

Me too! His last orchestra concert was about two weeks ago and someone prepared a wonderful slide show honoring the seniors. Photos from over their years together and then baby/graduation pictures for each senior. I found myself tearing up and I don’t even know any of them! But then one of the songs they used for the slide show was the graduation scene song from High School Musical 3. So obviously DS11 and I were rocking out like the geeks we are to that one!

In MA you can't get a drivers permit until age 16. You need to have your permit at least 6 months before you can get your license. You need 30 hours of classroom ed (can start that at 15yrs, 9 mtgs), 12 hours of road ed plus 6 hours of observing other kids driving.

We don't get out of school til 6/27.

Wow! 6/27 is late, even for MA. My older DD teaches in Chelsea, her students' last day is 6/21.

Younger DD turned 15 this week--she can now get her learner's permit. We're not even sure what the procedure is, here in NC. Every state is different.

School seems to be going along swimmingly--still straight A's, doing fine socially, no major issues. Last day of school is 6/10 down here, then that weekend is a big dance performance. So, the next few weeks will be pretty busy.

Last day of school was yesterday. This morning my dd has her AP world history test. She a little upset and stressed about it. I hope she scores well, but her dad and I are proud of her just taking on the challenge of that course.

Our last full day is today. Tomorrow is a half-day and DS will take his AP Human Geography exam. At the very beginning of the year, his teacher had us buy an AP exam prep book, but I don't think they even touched it until about 10 days ago. Hope he is prepared enough to do well on the exam. He's gotten all A's in the class, but I don't think that necessarily correlates with how well he'll do on the exam.

He got his learner's permit less than 2 months ago, and so far, so good. He will take driver's ed starting next week and that whole process between classroom and drive time should last about 2 weeks.

It went by very fast, but overall, I think it was a good year. I know he's ready for a break, though.

My DD is taking AP World History this coming year, but I'm not too worried. So far, she's acing all her classes. Plus, we went to Italy last summer, and we're doing a family trip to London, Paris, Umbria, and Rome next month--it gives her a great opportunity to see history up-close, which I think really adds to her interest, as well as her knowledge. I know that not everyone can do such things, she's very fortunate.

Our last day of school is 6/8.

No learner's permit here, yet, but DD did turn 18 a couple weeks back. We did an escape room for her party--I was required to be in there, but promised to stay out of it unless they asked me to help. They used one hint, and got out in 42 minutes! Clearly, she's hanging with the smart, geeky crowd.

Well, DD finished her freshman year on Tuesday. They don't have to go back after finals(unless they want to), she didn't lol, none of her friends went either. Can't believe how fast it went!!

What are your kids up to this summer? Mine is at a summer camp this week. It will be the last time she can go as a camper. They let them keep their phones this year as a test, so I know she is having fun.

After this, she will be volunteering at the zoo until Band Camp in July.

Mine will be at basketball camp a few weeks in July(just a day camp), her JV coach is having it, so she wants to "keep up". My inlaws have a pool and 2 of DD's cousins live with them, so she will be going around there for "Grandparent camp" haha She's already there today.
we are going to Kings Dominion a few days next week(taking her friend also), and a Disney Fantasy cruise with some families(and her BFF) in early August, so gearing up for that.

Last day of school for DS was Monday, and he took his last Regents Exam (finals in NY state) yesterday. This year really did go fast, but this has been the earliest that any of our children were done with school.
He is playing soccer this summer, then we are going to Disney for a couple of days before a cruise with our whole extended family. Can't wait!!

I sometimes forget how far into June much of the country goes! DD has been out of school for over 3 weeks, and graduation was a solid month ago.

Finals are next week. Ds’s first HS summer league soccer game is tonight, he was one of four freshmen asked to play. Unfortunately there isn’t one for the girls (dd’s coach coaches two other sports). Both of them are working at the garden center where ds20 works, and dd21 used to work.

DD has summer school for the month of June: Act Prep and Driver Safety. July and August she has marching band camp.

DS finishes school tomorrow. He's already been life guarding after school and on weekends for two weeks and loves the lazy life, as he says. I'm sure once school is out and it's hot all the time, it'll be busier. He's already counting his paychecks before they've hatched and wants to buy a Nintendo Switch. After saying yes because he's earned it (well, by the end of June he will have and then we'll order it), I told him I don't want him spending every penny he makes this summer. I ordered his and DS17's summer reading books and his APUSH summer work is going to be a lot. He's also doing summer swim, and will go to cross country pre-season conditioning when he can, so I hope he saves himself some downtime and doesn't just see $$ in his eyes. Lol.

We finished last week here, but DD15 actually finished up on the 1st, due to the exam schedule. She's currently at a friend's lake house for the week, then 2 days after she gets back, we're taking a family trip to Europe. We have another vacation scheduled for the end of July. Throw in her summer school work, cello lessons, working a couple weeks at dance camp, and the odd cello gig, and you have a pretty full summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter