• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pool has been AWESOME! The boys are really enjoying it! The Geyser & waterfall are really a nice touch! The boat to MK has been great & relaxing! I haven't eaten in Roaring Fork for lunch or dinner but I did have the salad upon arrival & it was really good! One had a burger & the other the pizza & they liked it! Breakfast is good! The pancakes are really yummy & my son liked the chocolate Mickey waffles! Any questions I'll try my best to answer! Off to DD to shop!

For all the great info about getting to the Poly in the early am for an ADR and about the room requests. Great suggestions . . . . and I learned a lot of new things! No matter what room we're in, or how we get around when we're there, we'll be home and in the most magical place to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary! Can't wait! Thanks so much :wave2:

M.K.

I wouldn't be surprised if a prior guest removed the bounce back offer from the packet and the housekeeper didn't replace it.
I think I am thinking of the info that the check in gave to us. I don't think I read the info that was on the desk. I think there was a book sitting on the desk. My husband looked thru it. I didn't know about the bounce back or I would have looked.

One adult can go get the car and pick you up at the hotel entrance with the strollers. And parking at WL was great when we traveled in early Aug. The parks were at 6 and 7 out of 10 predicted crowd levels.

However, when you leave the parks (almost always) your car is parked far from the park exit. That requires folding 2 strollers and carrying them on the tram, unloading, walking to car, folding again and then travel in a potentially hot car to your resort. You'll do this coming and going. The exception would be if you are good at arriving well in advance of rope drop and therefore get a space close enough to skip the tram.

Yes, folding a stroller to get on a bus is a hassle, but it might be more trouble to have your car. You can "drive" your stroller onto the MK boat without folding.

Thanks BlueFairy for that perspective. Hmm I'm not sure DH and I ever gave much thought to getting from the truck to the park and from the park back to the truck. Glad we won't be locked in regardless whether we decide to drive or take advantage of Disney Transportation.

I think I am thinking of the info that the check in gave to us. I don't think I read the info that was on the desk. I think there was a book sitting on the desk. My husband looked thru it. I didn't know about the bounce back or I would have looked.

We have found the BB info in the middle of the Be Our Guest brochure in the packet that they gave us when we checked in. It's the little booklet in your guest packet.

I have a question about people in a Villa studio. I know that they have the fifth bed in them. Does this enable me to book 5 plus an under 3 toddler, or is five the limit?

Congratulations! Walking into that lobby is going to be awesome. Are you starting with WL or coming over from AKLV? We really want to do a Lodge split someday. Congratulations as well. Now it really is almost here, and being at WDW you have a great way to pass the time while you wait for WL...:thumbsup2

We are starting at AKL, never stayed there before, so excited. And then heading to our WL " home "!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Since I did not want to pay CP OOP, I cancelled narcossee and booked whispering canyon dinner instead, hopefully it's the right move! I figured since we are staying in WL, we might as well try the restaurant here too. What do you guys think?

We love the lodge but not crazy about Whispering Canyon. The food is pretty good. Not fantastic like Ohana, but good. Our service was extremely slow and my DH wasn't crazy about the noise. Given a choice between it and Narcossee, I would go with Whispering Canyon. At least you don't have to worry about transportation to get there.

Here is a picture of the packet that was on the desk of our room at the BC.

photo_zps699e8880.jpg

The Be Our Guest booklet was buried at the back of all the information pages. If I didn't know it was in there I probably wouldn't have seen it.

Thank you for letting me know where to look! I don't remember seeing this but I guess I missed it.
Good to know for next time!

Is this booklet on our desk mine to take? There's some great stuff in there that I would like to have.....
i took my Be Our Guest booklet because I wanted a copy if the available dates for the bounce back. We had booked our Oct trip with this BB offer and needed to know the dates in case we wanted to switch our reservation to a different date.

We usually eat @ WL and enjoy the surroundings. Parking is indeed free. I always worry that, since we are not staying at that time, at the hotel, that we will be denied the parking. Are they continuing to provide free parking to those, like me in the past, who are not resort guests, but are patronizing the restaurants? Thank you in advance.

We ate at the resorts recently and didn't have any trouble with parking. We just told them we were having dinner at the resort.

I leave in 36 hours for first trip to WL! :cool1: I just got a call from WDW, my heart soared, I was like OMG, I must be getting pixie dust - an upgrade or something!
Alas, they were just calling to let me know that the monorail won't be starting 'til 8:30 in the morning so to keep that in mind when I go over to the CR for my Kona Cafe breakfast reservation at 9:15. lol. :laughing:

I leave in 36 hours for first trip to WL! :cool1: I just got a call from WDW, my heart soared, I was like OMG, I must be getting pixie dust - an upgrade or something! Alas, they were just calling to let me know that the monorail won't be starting 'til 8:30 in the morning so to keep that in mind when I go over to the CR for my Kona Cafe breakfast reservation at 9:15. lol. :laughing:

Well at least they let you know. Congratulations on your upcoming trip, and we look forward to hearing how it goes.

We usually eat @ WL and enjoy the surroundings. Parking is indeed free. I always worry that, since we are not staying at that time, at the hotel, that we will be denied the parking. Are they continuing to provide free parking to those, like me in the past, who are not resort guests, but are patronizing the restaurants? Thank you in advance.

The rule has always been that free self-parking for dining and shopping is valid for 3 hours. I have been given a pass with a time written on it for display in my windshield. Usually valet parking at a resort entitles you to all day, because you are charged. Expect to have your ID checked. Also expect that at some monorail or Epcot resorts they will ask for your ADR information. Certain times of the year or circumstances will bring them to deny access to those who are not holding a dining reservation.

The rule has always been that free self-parking for dining and shopping is valid for 3 hours. I have been given a pass with a time written on it for display in my windshield. Usually valet parking at a resort entitles you to all day, because you are charged. Expect to have your ID checked. Also expect that at some monorail or Epcot resorts they will ask for your ADR information. Certain times of the year or circumstances will bring them to deny access to those who are not holding a dining reservation.

We always visit other resorts for dinner when staying on property. As we have our own car and the Tables in Wonderland card, we get free Valet parking. We have spent over three hours at several resorts and have never had any issue with the time. Nobody will tow your car away if you get a three hour parking pass and stay four hours, so enjoy..:)

Btw, do try Artists Point. The Portabello mushroom soup and the salmon is really first rate, and the prices are reasonable compared to some other signatures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter