Closing Time!

How soon after you receive your emails can you call to request points? I got my email yesterday afternoon, and when I called they said it wasn't ready yet and to wait 2 weeks...

Is this normal, or should I call and try with another CM?

Thanks!
You can never get them to load the points the same day. Member Administration assigns member numbers and sends out the emails, but it is Member Services that adds them to your account. It takes MA 24-36 hours to free up the points and allow MS to provision the points to your account. MS CM’s always say it takes weeks, just to give them a buffer (and there are sometimes glitches). Try calling today and again tomorrow. It won’t matter who you speak to. If MA hasn’t made the points accessible to MS, there’s nothing any CM can do.

So it’s been 16 days since closing docs went out. They have received the Notory public and docusign from one of the seller but. Nothing from the other seller and he doesn’t seem to respond to the title company.

Here is what the contract says.

“2. All fully executed and correctly completed documents with necessary funds to close this contract shall be delivered to FIRST AMERICAN TITLE COMPANY, on or before the close date of March 20, 2023 but not before January 27, 2023. Should the estoppel certificate be delivered to the title company less than 30 days prior to this date, then deadline shall be extended by 30 days from the title company receipt of estoppel certificate. If this contract is not executed by SELLER by ____________ (if blank, within 7 days) upon presentation, or if Disney repurchases the contract, the deposit shall be refunded to the BUYER. BUYER to overnight escrow money and contract to FIRST AMERICAN TITLE COMPANY by __________ (if blank, within 7 days), or contract is null and void.”

So do I have to wait until March 24 until I can back out of this or 7 days after the closing documents were sent? I’m confused by this.

You can never get them to load the points the same day. Member Administration assigns member numbers and sends out the emails, but it is Member Services that adds them to your account. It takes MA 24-36 hours to free up the points and allow MS to provision the points to your account. MS CM’s always say it takes weeks, just to give them a buffer (and there are sometimes glitches). Try calling today and again tomorrow. It won’t matter who you speak to. If MA hasn’t made the points accessible to MS, there’s nothing any CM can do.
this is perfect advice, thank you! I tried at 9am today. I'll give another call this evening and again tomorrow or Sunday if I have no luck! THanks so much!

So it’s been 16 days since closing docs went out. They have received the Notory public and docusign from one of the seller but. Nothing from the other seller and he doesn’t seem to respond to the title company.

Here is what the contract says.

“2. All fully executed and correctly completed documents with necessary funds to close this contract shall be delivered to FIRST AMERICAN TITLE COMPANY, on or before the close date of March 20, 2023 but not before January 27, 2023. Should the estoppel certificate be delivered to the title company less than 30 days prior to this date, then deadline shall be extended by 30 days from the title company receipt of estoppel certificate. If this contract is not executed by SELLER by ____________ (if blank, within 7 days) upon presentation, or if Disney repurchases the contract, the deposit shall be refunded to the BUYER. BUYER to overnight escrow money and contract to FIRST AMERICAN TITLE COMPANY by __________ (if blank, within 7 days), or contract is null and void.”

So do I have to wait until March 24 until I can back out of this or 7 days after the closing documents were sent? I’m confused by this.

Yes, you need to wait until the March date as that is the official closing date of the contract and a buyer/seller have until then to make It happen.

If everything is in before then, it can close earlier, but as a buyer you can not get the deposit back until that date as it’s that date when seller would be in breach.

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: Mason Title Co.
Offer made: Jan 23
Offer accepted: Jan 24
Sent to ROFR: Jan 29
Passed ROFR: Feb 17
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/6/2023
Offer accepted: 1/7/2023
Sent to ROFR: 1/8/2023
Passed ROFR: 1/25/2023
Closing docs received: 1/27/23
Closing docs returned: 1/30/23 (Buyer), 2/7/23 (Seller)
Closing: 2/8/2022
Deed recorded: 2/9/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 2/16/2023
Points in account: 2/20/2023

Total Days: 45 Days

When you purchase more points for an existing contract with same resort and same UY will the points be loaded sooner? Since there isn't a new membership #.

The seller finally signed the closing documents! They were sent out 21 days ago. Now the title company just has to wait for the updated payoff from Disney. Hopefully it closes Wednesday.

When is the best time to celebrate with a bottle of wine… at closing, at deed recording, at showing on membership, when points are added, or at all 4 occasions?

The seller finally signed the closing documents! They were sent out 21 days ago. Now the title company just has to wait for the updated payoff from Disney. Hopefully it closes Wednesday.

When is the best time to celebrate with a bottle of wine… at closing, at deed recording, at showing on membership, when points are added, or at all 4 occasions?
Excited for you! My first attempt at purchasing was a disaster and fell through a month after I’d sent documents and paid in full, so I’ve been reading your posts with major anxiety! So glad it worked out for you! Cheers! 🥂 😊

Excited for you! My first attempt at purchasing was a disaster and fell through a month after I’d sent documents and paid in full, so I’ve been reading your posts with major anxiety! So glad it worked out for you! Cheers! 🥂 😊
Thanks… well I just got an email that it closed and deed also recorded… so it’s a done deal. Definitely time for celebration!!

We got our closing notice and searching the OC Comptroller site show the deed has been transferred. Does our next notification come from Disney, do I have to keep monitoring my DVC account, etc?

Our sellers finally completed their portion of the closing documents. Our title company said they "sent the deed to record and will close next week." However, looking at several of the posted threads it shows closing occurring before the deed is recorded? Not sure why ours is reversed or if I just don't understand the process. The only difference I could think of is that we are purchasing Aulani. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Just anxious to get our points and book a Christmas vacation at Aulani this year!

We closed on Tuesday. Wednesday I checked OCC’s website to see if our deed was recorded and it was but with the wrong resort! Everything we sighed (buyers) is for the correct property but the sellers warranty deed is for a different property. UGH! Contacted the title company, say they’ll fix it, implying it’s not a big deal. I’m concerned it is a big deal. So frustrating!

ETA UPDATE: I just checked again and they did indeed get us our correct deed, just recorded this morning. So happy I checked, quick resolution!

Last edited:
Home Resort: Copper Creek
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/17/2023
Offer accepted: 1/17/2023
Sent to ROFR: 1/18/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/8/2023
Closing docs received: 2/10/2023
Closing docs returned: 2/11/2023
Closing: 2/20/2023
Deed recorded: 2/23/2023
Existing Member contract shown: 3/1
Points in account:

Days Total:

Updated, three days for the deed seems longer than the other posts I have seen but no big deal. Almost there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter