Club 33 requested more info from me. Should I be excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so jealous! I put my name on the interest list in Mar 14 and hope to be a member by my daughter's quinceanera or sweet sixteen- she's 6. Fingers crossed!! I have moved but my email is the same so I'm glad to hear that they emailed you. I received a confirmation email then saying like, never contact us- we'll contact you and the email and interest page disappeared by the next year. I hope you get the big ok : ) What a luxury and honor for a Disney Parks fan. ONE DAY. Pixie Dust!! Keep us posted.

I'd forgotten about this thread until it just popped up!!

I submitted an application after my first visit in 2014, just on a whim. In November '16, I was asked for a bio, references, proof of ability to pay, etc., and I had to fill out numerous documents. Also, numerous times they asked me about how many were in my family and would be on my membership. It's just me and my husband - and I usually travel alone. In my first phone interview, I was asked if I would do a membership if it was just me or just my husband and myself - if I would forego the opportunity for a party of four to be expedited to membership as a party of two, or if I'd even be happy with a membership at only 1901 until a full membership could be granted.

I will be doing an in-person "courtesy" meeting when I'm at Disneyland next month, but I don't expect much to come from it. I did have to complete a form with information (routing, etc.) for the draft of the membership fees in case I was accepted.

I submitted an application after my first visit in 2014, just on a whim. In November '16, I was asked for a bio, references, proof of ability to pay, etc., and I had to fill out numerous documents. Also, numerous times they asked me about how many were in my family and would be on my membership. It's just me and my husband - and I usually travel alone. In my first phone interview, I was asked if I would do a membership if it was just me or just my husband and myself - if I would forego the opportunity for a party of four to be expedited to membership as a party of two, or if I'd even be happy with a membership at only 1901 until a full membership could be granted.

I will be doing an in-person "courtesy" meeting when I'm at Disneyland next month, but I don't expect much to come from it. I did have to complete a form with information (routing, etc.) for the draft of the membership fees in case I was accepted.

well that is exciting!

Wow, what an opportunity. What is the going rate to get in if they accept you?

Last rumor I'd heard, 60K/15K. Will be interesting to find out what it is now.

That is correct - well past what I would consider "first-born child" range ... good thing I have no kids to put through college. :(

Last rumor I'd heard, 60K/15K. Will be interesting to find out what it is now.

Forgive my ignorance, but when you say 60k/15k:
Does that mean the larger number is the initial joining payment, and the smaller number is a yearly renewal?
Or does it mean that the larger number is the primary club member, and the smaller number is for anyone else added to the membership (ie: spouse/etc) as a yearly rate?

I'm doubtful I could ever afford the costs (being on below average wages, but loving & breathing Disney, sometimes feels like a bit of a catch 22 sometimes - but I'm never going to not love Disney!) but I am just curious how it works really :)

60K is the initiation fee, $15K is the annual dues. $75k up front.... (well the $15k does get prorated the first year.)

Not to mention the requisite food & beverage minimums per each visit ...

Huh? Never seen a minimum.

I was told that on certain occasions, a dining bill must be equivalent or more than the gate price of a ticket.

It's listed in the documentation about additional expenses associated with a membership.

:confused3

$75,000??????????????????? :eek:

I can think of so many ways to spend that $75,000 (plus $15,000 each year thereafter). You could take at least 25 decent Disney vacations with that kinda money (including flights!). You don't even really get that much with a membership, right? Just access to the club, meals (more $$$), drinks ($), a few complimentary VIP tours, Signature passes, and special exclusive events a few times a year??

Sorry, I think I'm still just shocked at that price tag! lol Last time I heard it was $25K/$15K.

I was told that on certain occasions, a dining bill must be equivalent or more than the gate price of a ticket.

It's listed in the documentation about additional expenses associated with a membership.

:confused3
The price of the meal no longer has to be the price of a gate ticket. That went out the window in 2012. If you dine in the dining room, they have a set price for the 3 or 4 course meals. You aren't required to eat in the dining room. You can also enjoy the lounge without a set fee. Unlike a country club, you are not required to spend a minimum amount per month.

Yes, if you dine at the club, you pay for the meal.

$75,000??????????????????? :eek:

I can think of so many ways to spend that $75,000 (plus $15,000 each year thereafter). You could take at least 25 decent Disney vacations with that kinda money (including flights!). You don't even really get that much with a membership, right? Just access to the club, meals (more $$$), drinks ($), a few complimentary VIP tours, Signature passes, and special exclusive events a few times a year??

Sorry, I think I'm still just shocked at that price tag! lol Last time I heard it was $25K/$15K.

For a club meant for the 1% types that is a steal.

That was the old club. Now the dining room has a minimum price tag with a prix fixe menu for lunch and dinner, no a la carte menu.

I can think of so many ways to spend that $75,000 (plus $15,000 each year thereafter).

You and me both!

You could take at least 25 decent Disney vacations with çthat kinda money (including flights!).

I'm gonna have to differ with you on this one. We fly on points and stay on (DVC) points, but even then I'd have a tough time swinging a WDW trip or Disney cruise on $3K per trip. Disneyland doesn't count since I'm a local. It's a day trip, not a vacation.

You don't even really get that much with a membership, right?

It all depends on how you look at it.

Just access to the club, meals (more $$$), drinks ($), a few complimentary VIP tours, Signature passes, and special exclusive events a few times a year??

Again all depends on what someone values.

You don't even really get that much with a membership, right? Just access to the club, meals (more $$$), drinks ($), a few complimentary VIP tours, Signature passes, and special exclusive events a few times a year??

Membership includes - Access to the club and both lounges, 5 VIP tours (tours are usually about $3K each), 4 premiere passes (both DL and WDW), 50 park hoppers to use for friends/family, 24 immediate use Fastpasses per day, valet parking at the Grand each day, VIP seating at a various show (fireworks, parades, MIckeys Magical Map, Disney Jr.), special rates at the 3 hotels, and special events.

Membership includes - Access to the club and both lounges, 5 VIP tours (tours are usually about $3K each), 4 premiere passes (both DL and WDW), 50 park hoppers to use for friends/family, 24 immediate use Fastpasses per day, valet parking at the Grand each day, VIP seating at a various show (fireworks, parades, MIckeys Magical Map, Disney Jr.), special rates at the 3 hotels, and special events.

For the poster who applied and was given the option to be fast-tracked if the membership was for two instead of four, did they give you a price break on not getting the other two premiere passes?

It's just me and my husband - and I usually travel alone. In my first phone interview, I was asked if I would do a membership if it was just me or just my husband and myself - if I would forego the opportunity for a party of four to be expedited to membership as a party of two, or if I'd even be happy with a membership at only 1901 until a full membership could be granted.
I know they did this back in 2010/2011. Hadn't realized they started it up again. Last member I know that joined (Nov 16) wasn't offered this (and wouldn't have accepted it), so must be very new. Will ask about it.

I never knew it came will all of that. If I had that much money to spend on vacations, it would be worth it to me. For now, it's only a pipe of winning the Lotto and I don't play the Lotto, so my chances are pretty low, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter