• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

College Football 2020 (and 2021??)

Bama vs "The" for the NT

You can bet your rear coach Saban will be reminding them about the last time these two faced each other in the playoffs. Bama was big favorite and "The", although not know as "The" at the time, ran all over them.

He won't let them forget it.

Tom Herman fired at Texas this morning. Sarkesian said to be the primary candidate as his replacement.

What a distraction....

Tom Herman fired at Texas this morning. Sarkesian said to be the primary candidate as his replacement.

What a distraction....

Every single year Bama is in playoff either the OC or DC is being picked up by someone and causing a distraction.

Funny though, all the money Texas likes to throw around and it still wasn't enough to get Saban to leave Bama. The guy they hired instead didn't meet their expectations and lookey, lookey, Texas trying to mooch off Bama again.

I think I see a pattern...

Interesting that the second SEC team with an abysmal record to duck out of a bowl. Is MS State vigorously licking door knobs right now too to avoid getting embarrassed after Christmas?

I travelled a little bit on the way-back machine because I remembered PTP's "doorknob" reference here.

Tonight it sounds like OSU is licking door knobs to delay playing Bama (or to let their QB's ribs heal a little bit).

FUN FACT: did you know that Justin Fields (OSU's starting QB) is the only quarterback on the team to have completed a forward (or any) pass this year? WHAT? No experience of ANY kind at the most important position on the field for a backup?

I call that bad planning on the coach's part.

There's still time though, for those door knobs in the OSU athletic department to provide more positive test results and delay the game. But as it stands as of tonight, they still have enough players in each position group to play the game Monday.

Bama Ed

PS - Greg McElroy played against Texas in the National Championship game in Pasadena long ago with bruised ribs. He had trouble raising his throwing arm above his shoulder (passing motion). Good thing he didn't need to much. So Fields should be able to play the game if nothing is broken, only bruised.

Congrats to Devonta Smith, wide receiver for Alabama. Winner of 2020 Heisman Trophy.

Also, sounds like Bama will have Jalen Waddle back for the championship game. He was actually putting up better receiver numbers than the recently crowned Heisman before his foot fracture early in season.

But, but, Ohio State played Michigan State minus 23 players because of covid. Now talk of not being able to play Bama...

Interesting.

Michigan gave Harbaugh a five year contract extension. To hear a lot of folks talk Michigan wasn't happy with the current progress. Guess they were wrong.

200.gif

Interesting.

Michigan gave Harbaugh a five year contract extension. To hear a lot of folks talk Michigan wasn't happy with the current progress. Guess they were wrong.

View attachment 548968

Whoaaa.......hold up. It was only a 4 year extension, and yes this means we are stuck with him until 2025. But he is making less money, if one really notices the million dollars difference. Not that I would ever know. Have worked part time from the age of 14, full time since 17, and when I can finally retire, I may have broken a million dollar gross in my entire life. 20 million for 4 years to be a mediocre coach, wow.

Whoaaa.......hold up. It was only a 4 year extension, and yes this means we are stuck with him until 2025. But he is making less money, if one really notices the million dollars difference. Not that I would ever know. Have worked part time from the age of 14, full time since 17, and when I can finally retire, I may have broken a million dollar gross in my entire life. 20 million for 4 years to be a mediocre coach, wow.

I know what you mean. It'd honestly be worth mediocrity to land a HC job and then sit back take the losses, pocket the buyout, and retire. Seems logical.

I'd be willing to be a mediocre coach in MI for way less that 20 mil for 4 years. The university is getting ripped off!

giphy.gif

I have nothing inspirational, informational, or educational to add at this point.

Obviously I want the Tide to win and will pick them of course.

Ohio State was really up for the Clemson game and if they play Alabama with the same intensity, they will be tough to beat.

Alabama 45 Ohio State 35
rolltideroll_zpsvj95gslk.gif

Bama Ed

PS - well maybe one informational tidbit: OSU Passing Defense is ranked 116/127 allowing 281 ypg

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/695/p3

Who is dead last (127/127)? LSU!

Bama's passing offense is 5/127 at 349 ypg :rolleyes1

Last edited:
It's Bama 52 OSU 24 with 13:15 left in the game.

Tell the Fat Lady to start warming up......

giphy.gif

I did say the calculator i was using in the June Dismeet thread predicted another NC for Bama back in October.

Just sayn...

Nick Saban will surpass Bear Bryant for most coaching NC with this one.

Now I gotta buy new shirts...
And cups...

Hats...
Cooking apron...

Last edited:
Say hello to Alabama's 18th National Championship:

ErghqxRW4AAarwf

Alabama beat Ohio State 52-24.

It's been a magical season for Alabama in these virus times. The Tide has had a number of personal accomplishments:

Heisman Trophy.jpg

Biletnikoff Award.jpg

Maxwell Award.jpg

Walter Camp PotY.jpg

Rimington Award.jpg

Patrick Mannelly Award.jpg

So many awards. I need to roll to the next post. Bama Ed

Last edited:
More awards .....

Outland Trophy.jpg

Johnny Unitas Award.jpg

Davy O'Brien Award.jpg

Doak Walker Award.jpg

And there are a few more personal awards (including Coach of the Year) are yet to be announced.

In mid-December (a month ago) Alabama signed the #1 recruiting class:

2020 Recruiting Title.JPG

Although this was the early signing period and the first Wednesday of February will be the final signing day, nobody will overtake Alabama in the recruiting rankings. Make no mistake - Bama gets the talent but Bama does so because they DEVELOP the talent and send it to the NFL. Alabama had a starter at every NFL position this season (offense, defense, special teams). Who else can say that?

In summary, Alabama is the greatest college football program in history both in longevity and achievements.

And Nick Saban, with his 7th National Championship personally (6th at Bama to tie Paul Bryant and one at LSU), is the Greatest Of All Time Coach in College Football. Bear did 6 also but that was before scholarship limits and a system designed to pit #1 versus #2 for the title.

Needless to say, Alabama is the King of College Football. And .....

Good to be the King.gif

Bama Ed

Say hello to Alabama's 18th National Championship:

ErgYFhBXIAEAUaT

Alabama beat Ohio State 52-24.

It's been a magical season for Alabama in these virus times. The Tide has had a number of personal accomplishments:

View attachment 549674

View attachment 549675

View attachment 549676

View attachment 549677

View attachment 549678

View attachment 549679

So many awards. I need to roll to the next post. Bama Ed
More awards .....

View attachment 549680

View attachment 549681

View attachment 549682

View attachment 549683

And there are a few more personal awards (including Coach of the Year) are yet to be announced.

In mid-December (a month ago) Alabama signed the #1 recruiting class:

View attachment 549684

Although this was the early signing period and the first Wednesday of February will be the final signing day, nobody will overtake Alabama in the recruiting rankings. Make no mistake - Bama gets the talent but Bama does so because they DEVELOP the talent and send it to the NFL. Alabama had a starter at every NFL position this season (offense, defense, special teams). Who else can say that?

In summary, Alabama is the greatest college football program in history both in longevity and achievements.

And Nick Saban, with his 7th National Championship personally (6th at Bama to tie Paul Bryant and one at LSU), is the Greatest Of All Time Coach in College Football. Bear did 6 also but that was before scholarship limits and a system designed to pit #1 versus #2 for the title.

Needless to say, Alabama is the King of College Football. And .....

View attachment 549685

Bama Ed

E01H.gif

giphy-1.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter