Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

Those photopass pictures are so funny! I've had that happen before, people are just so oblivious sometimes.

Adding Cars Land at night to the list of things for my trip. I have no idea how we are going to get everything done that I want to in 3 days!

I am also a huge fan of the Monster's Inc ride. It is such an adorable little dark ride. I enjoy all of the posters in the queue.

You guys got such stunning pictures of Paradise Pier! Just looking at that magical evening lighting is making me want to book a trip.
Cars Land and Paradise Pier really make DCA a great park to spend an evening in.

Getting all caught up!!

It's really incredible the amount of detail they put into Carsland. It's not my favorite Disney/Pixar movie by far, but they did an insanely good job with that area of the park. And then at night, it's even more amazing with all the lighting! So so so well done.

We never did get to enjoy the entire Aladdin show as it had technical difficulties the one time we tried to see it. But the parts we did see were really great!

Love the pictures with Oswald and OMG FLAPPER MINNIE!!! How adorable!

Those nighttime pictures of Paradise Pier are gorgeous. Man I want to go back to Disneyland so bad right now!

OMG, Roz and Slinky Dog in the parade. So cute and funny!!

The night shots of Paradise Pier are beautiful!!

We'll definitely be meeting Oswald...he's my oldest's favorite, although he says he isn't bringing his Oswald ears because he doesn't want them crushed in his suitcase, and he says they're too hot to wear. I told him he's missing a huge opportunity, because Oswald would be so excited to see him wearing them. We're packing tonight, and I might try to sneak them in. I'll even carry them in my purse at the park if I have to, THAT'S how much I want him to wear them, LOL!!

We drive to our departure city tomorrow and fly out at 8am on Monday, and land around 12:15 Cali time after a short layover. I'm so excited!!

Cars Land is so pretty all lit up at night! And RSR seems like such a fun ride - plus it looks like you got to ride with a Disney Bounding Snow White!

Too funny with the ECV. People can be so oblivious at Disney (me included)!

It's gorgeous! And RSR makes you feel like you're in the movie!

I think we all get a little oblivious sometimes, it's hard not to! It sure made for a funny moment though!

Those photopass pictures are so funny! I've had that happen before, people are just so oblivious sometimes.

Adding Cars Land at night to the list of things for my trip. I have no idea how we are going to get everything done that I want to in 3 days!

It was so funny getting the moment caught on camera. Definitely something to laugh about!

Yes, you must see Cars Land at night- totally stunning. You sure are going to be busy those 3 days!

I am also a huge fan of the Monster's Inc ride. It is such an adorable little dark ride. I enjoy all of the posters in the queue.

You guys got such stunning pictures of Paradise Pier! Just looking at that magical evening lighting is making me want to book a trip.
Cars Land and Paradise Pier really make DCA a great park to spend an evening in.

Such a cute ride and I like that it's not too short either!

Thank you! DCA is such a gorgeous park at night. I'm totally missing it myself!

Getting all caught up!!

It's really incredible the amount of detail they put into Carsland. It's not my favorite Disney/Pixar movie by far, but they did an insanely good job with that area of the park. And then at night, it's even more amazing with all the lighting! So so so well done.

We never did get to enjoy the entire Aladdin show as it had technical difficulties the one time we tried to see it. But the parts we did see were really great!

Love the pictures with Oswald and OMG FLAPPER MINNIE!!! How adorable!

Those nighttime pictures of Paradise Pier are gorgeous. Man I want to go back to Disneyland so bad right now!

Everything about Cars Land is just so perfect, it's exactly like the movie!

I'm sorry you never got to see the full Aladdin show!

Isn't Flapper Minnie just the cutest?? Love it!

I sure am missing Disneyland too!

OMG, Roz and Slinky Dog in the parade. So cute and funny!!

The night shots of Paradise Pier are beautiful!!

We'll definitely be meeting Oswald...he's my oldest's favorite, although he says he isn't bringing his Oswald ears because he doesn't want them crushed in his suitcase, and he says they're too hot to wear. I told him he's missing a huge opportunity, because Oswald would be so excited to see him wearing them. We're packing tonight, and I might try to sneak them in. I'll even carry them in my purse at the park if I have to, THAT'S how much I want him to wear them, LOL!!

We drive to our departure city tomorrow and fly out at 8am on Monday, and land around 12:15 Cali time after a short layover. I'm so excited!!

Yay I hope you are having a fabulous time and plan on doing a TR when you get back! DS HAS to meet Oswald with his ears- I hope you ended up packing them!

Love your trip report! It's making me excited for our upcoming Disney trip in September :yay:

Thanks so much!! So exciting that you have a trip planned in 3 months! :)

Day 4 - Disneyland Forever

We then hopped to Disneyland to catch the fireworks and parade again!

We took some PP pictures before heading in. These came out so dark, which is a bummer because they were cute!

We used the same strategy as the first night and stayed in the Emporium until it was close to fireworks time! Again, it was an amazing show. And this time we actually got to see the finale while on Main Street, which was incredible!

Up next...Paint the Night!

I can't wait to see those Fireworks! It sounds like you didn't have any trouble finding a spot at the last minute. I don't want my Mom to have to stand for a long time (remember she gets lightheaded from standing too long) so I'm hoping we can find a bench somewhere then head onto Main Street at the last minute.

I can't wait to see those Fireworks! It sounds like you didn't have any trouble finding a spot at the last minute. I don't want my Mom to have to stand for a long time (remember she gets lightheaded from standing too long) so I'm hoping we can find a bench somewhere then head onto Main Street at the last minute.

I think you will really love Disneyland Forever. The combination of fireworks and projections is so nice. I think you should definitely be able to get a spot on Main Street. The spots that are harder to get are the ones close to the castle and hub. If you don't mind being further back on Main Street, then you will be fine.

Day 5 - Paint the Night

After the fireworks we stayed on Main Street and went right for the curb to find a spot for Paint the Night. It would be a long wait like the other night, but I did want to make sure we'd get to see this once from Main Street. I really wanted a Mickey Bar and I searched ALL over for a cart and can you believe I could not find a single one?! I was a little
disappointed, but instead settled for a cream cheese pretzel, another favorite snack of mine. Also I heard these are no longer at WDW?? So maybe it was a good thing I had one!

\

I was obsessed with the lights on Mack's truck...so pretty.

After the parade we headed out of the park. We probably could have squeezed in another ride or stayed to meet some characters coming out on Main Street, but we were beat!

Up next...Our last day in Disney :(

Oh no, last day!

Your Paint the Night pictures are gorgeous. I can't wait to see that one in person.

Love all of your PTN pictures! Such a beautiful parade!
I am sad that your trip report is almost over but looking forward to reading about your last day.

Love the pictures of the fireworks and Paint the Night! And boo for no Mickey Bars! A cream cheese pretzel is a good substitute. And I'm pretty sure you're right about them being gone from WDW so it's good that you had it while you could!

Oh no, last day!

Your Paint the Night pictures are gorgeous. I can't wait to see that one in person.

Thank you! I can't wait for you to see it!

Love all of your PTN pictures! Such a beautiful parade!
I am sad that your trip report is almost over but looking forward to reading about your last day.

Thank you! It is so wonderful!

The last day will be a full one just like the others!

Love the pictures of the fireworks and Paint the Night! And boo for no Mickey Bars! A cream cheese pretzel is a good substitute. And I'm pretty sure you're right about them being gone from WDW so it's good that you had it while you could!

Thank you! It was crazy that I couldn't find a mickey bar anywhere! But I guess it turned out to be a blessing!

I know that feeling! There has been many night when all I wanted was a Mickey bar and they were NOWHERE to be found despite pretty much tripping over an ice cream cart every few feet in the daytime!!

Beautiful Paint the Night pics. I have now read 2 TR updates tonight with pictures of that parade, and it's making me want to go book a DL trip right this very minute!!!

I know that feeling! There has been many night when all I wanted was a Mickey bar and they were NOWHERE to be found despite pretty much tripping over an ice cream cart every few feet in the daytime!!

Beautiful Paint the Night pics. I have now read 2 TR updates tonight with pictures of that parade, and it's making me want to go book a DL trip right this very minute!!!

It's frustrating but also comical!

Thank you! I'm with ya about wanting to head back right this instance!!

Day 5 - Another morning in California Adventure!

Our last day :( Always a sad day but we had a whole day of fun ahead of us to distract us from that fact! As usual, we grabbed breakfast at our hotel before heading to the parks. California Adventure was opening at 8am this morning so we were starting there!

When we got inside we grabbed FPs for both RSR and the Anna & Elsa meet. We were taking it a little slow this morning. Mom had a little bit of a stomache ache plus it was set to be our hottest day of the trip. If I remember correctly there was a magic morning here, which is why we decided not to do RSR standby when we first got there.

We noticed Chip & Dale would be coming out soon so we decided to wait and meet them. I just love these outfits they wear!

We had a lot of fun with them! And I think Chip and I may have become a couple since we're holding hands :love:

From there we walked towards Hollywood Land. Sully was walking out to meet so we decided to hop in line for him! He was really awesome and a lot more interactive than the time I met him with Mike at Hollywood Studios!

After we met him, we sat on a bench nearby for a few minutes. Mom was still trying to recover herself and while she felt bad we weren't up and doing things, I honestly didn't mind the slow place! We watched Sully finish his set and then saw Mrs. Incredible coming to take his place! I had never met her before so I just HAD to go over and see her!

Since we were in the area, we decided to do the Monsters Inc ride again.

There was barely a wait and we were on in no time! We did meet the cutest little girl in line who loved talking to us. She asked my name and then responded with "That's a pretty name!". She was there with what seemed to be her mom and grandma. She then asked if I was with my grandma :rotfl: Her mom was quick to correct her, but it was so cute!

Up next...We meet some more characters and one last time on our favorite ride!

(so I am backed up a few updates, apologies!)

So many great pictures - really awesome ones of the Pier at night. I think that whole area might have been the one that surpased my expectations the most. Like, I knew I would like New Orleans Square and Cars Land, etc. - but the pier was really cool!

That's great strategy to come out the Emporium and watch the fireworks and awesome they had a later Pain the Night parade to catch - and it is definitely worth the wait!

Going through your pictures after just finishing an update on my TR for Hong Kong Disneyland highlights how much they did add to the parade when they brought it to California - definitely more new floats and elements than I had originally remembered

Sorry your mom wasn't feeling well but being "forced" to take is slow and soak in the details sometimes can be a blessing in disguise!

Oh no, last day and your Mom not feeling well. Yuck!

So how were you able to get two Fastpasses at the same time?

Cute meets! I can't wait to meet all of the rarer characters at DL.

And I think Chip and I may have become a couple since we're holding hands :love:
That Chip is such a ladies man! Their HS outfits are so adorable! They totally fit their fun personalities while still dressing up a bit.

He was really awesome and a lot more interactive than the time I met him with Mike at Hollywood Studios!
I never did the HS meet with Sulley and Mike but every time I have seen Sulley out at DCA he always seems to be having a great time interacting with guests.

I had never met her before so I just HAD to go over and see her!
Of course you had to go see her!!! I didn't know Mrs. Incredible did meets there!

We did meet the cutest little girl in line who loved talking to us
I love meeting all of the excited chatty little kids in lines, so many entertaining conversations can be had with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter