Come to the Dark Side...4 Weekends of Fun with the Force(Updated 11/12)

Thanks for posting the pics of Trev! That was by far our best day there! It was the driest too! We loved meeting you guys and were happy to share part of it with you. Maybe someday we can get back there. We would love to see you guys again too! Tell JJ the kids say "hi".

Jackie

He is more than ready to go. The other day DH and I were talking about what to do for Thanksgiving. We had decided to go to my parent's house in Oregon (since I'll be able to relax up there) but then he called me about a week later on his way home from work and said How about we go ahead and go to DL. :scared1: WHAT!! So we priced it again and have been talking about it since. We asked the kids where they wanted to go for Thanksgiving 2 out of 3 said DL one said Grandma's!! WTH I thought I had them all trained right. :rotfl2: Jeremy is my hold out (he's the one who wants to go to Grandma's). So we're still talking but we're also saying it's probably smart to save the money and be able to do the extras we want to do next year at WDW. So we'll see what happens.

Love that Trev got to be the kid that got to do the special part of the show!! That is great!!! Glad you guys got to experience that with them!

Any way you can make both happen? Send Grandma to Disney? Now that my parents are getting up there in age and my dad's having brain bleeds, it's really hard to be so far away from them. I am very sad that we didn't get to visit them this summer because of JJ's health. You just never know from one day to the next what will happen. My dad will be 80 in April. Would love to be with him for his b-day.

JTA was very special and watching with friends and seeing Trev up there made it even more so!

How fun for JJ to be able to share the day with Trevor!

Love the Christmas decorations... makes me want to take a trip in December. When we arrive in January, the decorations will have just come down. :sad2:

You should definitely take a trip some year while the decorations are up. They are incredible.

Hopefully we will see you this time around? Here's the pic from October.

thanks for sending me the info on JJ's show...so bummed its the night we are flying to WDW :(
love the holiday decorations, can't wait to see them in person and really looking forward to the Jingle Cruise!
hope you are having a great day :goodvibes

I know that's such a shame. So close, yet so far away.

Soon you'll be seeing them in person. Best time of year to visit, at least festive-wise. I love the holiday décor!

Getting all caught up on Dis today....Love the updates on SWW. JJ and Trevor were just adorable together. That does sound like one of the best days ever - and the pixie dust with Chewbacca was amazing. The photo of JJ and Chewbacca hugging brought tears to my eyes! How sweet of Chewbacca to bring JJ in like that.

Glad to hear the tics have calmed down some and that JJ is able to control them some with his new techniques. OT seems to be helping in many ways.

The photos you posted of Christmas decorations make me want it to be Dec 2014 so bad.... thanks for all the info on the resorts. We asked my dh's sister and her husband to go with us. They went with us a few years ago after a bad car accident. I'm hoping this time will be even more enjoyable for them. Can't wait!

Still working on my grandfathers' estate. Hoping to get all of his clothes gone through this week. My grandmother went into the hospital last week. It was determined she had a small stroke (I honestly believe it happened at the end of the funeral). All is ok and I am happy to report she has been feeling her best the last two days (knock on wood!!).

When's JJ's theater shows? Sounds like he is doing really well!

Have a great day!!

Thanks. That hug was a very special hug, there was heart involved there!

Ah! A year to go, but it will be worth the wait! I hope your friends are able to go with you! I'm sure it will be much more enjoyable not right after an accident.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope she is doing better.

Thanks for posting the pics of Trev! That was by far our best day there! It was the driest too! We loved meeting you guys and were happy to share part of it with you. Maybe someday we can get back there. We would love to see you guys again too! Tell JJ the kids say "hi".

Jackie

Dry was good! You sure had a soggy MAW trip.

He says hi, right back. He kept Trevor's notes, and I catch him reading them every now and then. Then he'll ask when he's going to see his friend again?

Any way you can make both happen? Send Grandma to Disney? Now that my parents are getting up there in age and my dad's having brain bleeds, it's really hard to be so far away from them. I am very sad that we didn't get to visit them this summer because of JJ's health. You just never know from one day to the next what will happen. My dad will be 80 in April. Would love to be with him for his b-day.

JTA was very special and watching with friends and seeing Trev up there made it even more so!

I've tried to get my parent's to go to DL for Thanksgiving but my dad doesn't want to go anywhere. Last time I got him to DL I was pregnant with Jeremy and it was over Christmas. He couldn't deal with the crowds.

I know what you mean about being so far away. Mine luckily are only about a 6 1/2 hour drive away but still if something major were to happen it's still too far.

[/QUOTE]
Dry was good! You sure had a soggy MAW trip.

He says hi, right back. He kept Trevor's notes, and I catch him reading them every now and then. Then he'll ask when he's going to see his friend again?[/QUOTE]

That is so sweet. Trev has all of his in his room too. He said he will keep them forever so he will always remember his friend in Florida :)

My kids keep telling me we can just hop on a plane to see him... "It's only 6 hours on a plane that is not very long!" If only it were that easy!

Trev's working on another letter for JJ... Hopefully he will be finished soon...

Jackie

Yay for JJ AND Trevor!!! How fun!!

Ashley posted a sweet shirt last night on Facebook. It says HOPE, but the "O" is the Rebel Alliance logo. I desperately NEED it!!! Haha.

The Christmas decorations are making me drool... can't wait to see everyone's pictures from the Jingle Cruise. So clever!

I've tried to get my parent's to go to DL for Thanksgiving but my dad doesn't want to go anywhere. Last time I got him to DL I was pregnant with Jeremy and it was over Christmas. He couldn't deal with the crowds.

I know what you mean about being so far away. Mine luckily are only about a 6 1/2 hour drive away but still if something major were to happen it's still too far.

That's understandable. My parents don't care for large crowds anymore either. Yet, we use to eat dinner at the Crystal Palace every year ON Christmas day. It was crazy, we'd quick open presents then head over to WDW. Usually the parking lot at MK was closed, so we'd have to park at Epcot. The park usually reached capacity before we got there. So we'd have to wait to get in. They'd allow so many people to enter as so many people exited. We stopped doing this after JJ was born.

It's tough not living close by. I also miss all the family gatherings we'd have. And I hate that the kids don't know their cousins as well as I knew mine while growing up.

That is so sweet. Trev has all of his in his room too. He said he will keep them forever so he will always remember his friend in Florida :)

My kids keep telling me we can just hop on a plane to see him... "It's only 6 hours on a plane that is not very long!" If only it were that easy!

Trev's working on another letter for JJ... Hopefully he will be finished soon...

Jackie

Oh cool! I won't tell him so he'll be surprised to get it.

That's great that they don't think 6 hours is long, lol. If only they understood it's clear, across the country.

JJ thinks the hour drive to Disney is too long. He hasn't traveled in a long time. Last time 6 hours was the most he could handle. It took us 3 days to get to Ohio. We swore we'd fly next time.

Yay for JJ AND Trevor!!! How fun!!

Ashley posted a sweet shirt last night on Facebook. It says HOPE, but the "O" is the Rebel Alliance logo. I desperately NEED it!!! Haha.

The Christmas decorations are making me drool... can't wait to see everyone's pictures from the Jingle Cruise. So clever!

They had so much fun together!

I saw that shirt!!! It's a great shirt, but what a teaser....coming soon.

Is this the first year they are doing Jingle Cruise? We're excited to try it.

I hope things are going well for you? JJ had a pretty good week. 2 full days without any issues. We'll take that!

Glad JJ had a good week!!

We will see how much the kids like road trips after we drive to San Diego this spring... 20+ hours in the car...

I wonder how long it would take to drive to Florida? I'm always up for road trips... Just hard to convince my hubby of that!

Jackie

JJ thinks the hour drive to Disney is too long. He hasn't traveled in a long time. Last time 6 hours was the most he could handle. It took us 3 days to get to Ohio. We swore we'd fly next time.

6 hours isn't bad. The max Grace can handle is 4 hours a day. (2 hours in the car, a long lunch break, and then another 2 hours). After that she is done and we all know that she is done, too! Needless to say, we don't travel far by car.

Catherine

You should definitely take a trip some year while the decorations are up. They are incredible.

We made it a couple years ago and it was indeed amazing! If it were not for the fact that I just got back from a trip and have 2 more already booked... I would seriously consider coming down to see the decorations. For next Christmas it will be the same...will have just got back from a trip and will have 2 more planned. So I could see maybe 2015 being the soonest I could do it...but more likely 2016 or 2017.

Hopefully we will see you this time around? Here's the pic from October.

I would like to! I know we were texting back and forth right before i left in September... about when I had plans to do MNSSHP. I thought we would set something up, but for one reason or another never did. :( I am so glad that we ran into you like that!!!

Glad JJ had a good week!!

We will see how much the kids like road trips after we drive to San Diego this spring... 20+ hours in the car...

I wonder how long it would take to drive to Florida? I'm always up for road trips... Just hard to convince my hubby of that!

Jackie

Wow! That's a good litmus test.

Lol, too long to drive to FL.

6 hours isn't bad. The max Grace can handle is 4 hours a day. (2 hours in the car, a long lunch break, and then another 2 hours). After that she is done and we all know that she is done, too! Needless to say, we don't travel far by car.

Catherine

No wonder you fly to FL and cruise. Yet, she made the flight to and from China. But flying is different than car driving.

We made it a couple years ago and it was indeed amazing! If it were not for the fact that I just got back from a trip and have 2 more already booked... I would seriously consider coming down to see the decorations. For next Christmas it will be the same...will have just got back from a trip and will have 2 more planned. So I could see maybe 2015 being the soonest I could do it...but more likely 2016 or 2017.

I would like to! I know we were texting back and forth right before i left in September... about when I had plans to do MNSSHP. I thought we would set something up, but for one reason or another never did. :( I am so glad that we ran into you like that!!!

Of course, how could I forget. We were watching the Christmas parade and you were heading back to your room, the Contemporary if I remember correctly. That was when your son got so sick. By the time we left the MK you were just heading there for an ADR, I think.

I think our meet was a God thing. Because it couldn't have worked out more perfectly.

No sooner saw you, and before I know it I was bumping into some more DIS friends.

HI,
Just found this. Love all the pics. It seems like he is seeing more this year than last which is great.

Looking forward to reading more and seeing more pics.

That's understandable. My parents don't care for large crowds anymore either. Yet, we use to eat dinner at the Crystal Palace every year ON Christmas day. It was crazy, we'd quick open presents then head over to WDW. Usually the parking lot at MK was closed, so we'd have to park at Epcot. The park usually reached capacity before we got there. So we'd have to wait to get in. They'd allow so many people to enter as so many people exited. We stopped doing this after JJ was born.

It's tough not living close by. I also miss all the family gatherings we'd have. And I hate that the kids don't know their cousins as well as I knew mine while growing up.

I don't blame you for stopping that tradition once you had JJ. We're already talking about when do we want to do our annual trip to DL once the new baby is here because we don't know how we'll deal with the Christmas crowds with the 4 kids.

I know exactly what you mean about missing the family get gatherings. We used to get together for everything!! Now I'm lucky to see most of my aunts and cousins once a year. I also grew up really close to my cousins and feel bad that my kids don't know theirs as well. I've tried with my SIL but she just doesn't respond well when I try to set up play dates and other things. So we'll see if I can get that to change but I can only do so much.

Wow! That's a good litmus test.

No wonder you fly to FL and cruise. Yet, she made the flight to and from China. But flying is different than car driving.

I think flying (even a 16 hour flight to China) is easier for her because she knows she can get up and walk around whenever she wants--and she doesn't have to sit beside her sister! When she's in the car, she feels "trapped" by the seat belt, but at least it's better than when she was in a car seat. Those we referred to as "infant torture devices" based on her reaction to them. We really had to think before driving anywhere when she was younger because she would scream as soon as we strapped her in, and not strapping her in wasn't an option.

HI,
Just found this. Love all the pics. It seems like he is seeing more this year than last which is great.

Looking forward to reading more and seeing more pics.

Scott! :welcome: So glad you found us again.

Yes, more days, a total of 11 SWW days for me and ds and 12 for DH. More days to cover more territory!

I see you are coming back at Christmas. The decorations and everything are looking great. That's an exciting time to visit!

Busy day on tap. Happy Veteran's Day! A Special thanks for all those who have served our country.

Today we are off to voice lessons and DHS. It's the Oborne Lights on tap for tonight.

This weekend we went to MK both Saturday and Sunday and had a great time both. Met up with friends from home on Saturday. And totally by chance, bumped into Moodyzblu and the boys!! I knew they were going to MK. But certainly didn't expect to walk right by them on Main St. After all, MK is a big place. We exchanged numbers and hope to meet up again tonight for the lights. :)

I'll be back later for more replys. We are off to JJ's class.

I don't blame you for stopping that tradition once you had JJ. We're already talking about when do we want to do our annual trip to DL once the new baby is here because we don't know how we'll deal with the Christmas crowds with the 4 kids.

I know exactly what you mean about missing the family get gatherings. We used to get together for everything!! Now I'm lucky to see most of my aunts and cousins once a year. I also grew up really close to my cousins and feel bad that my kids don't know theirs as well. I've tried with my SIL but she just doesn't respond well when I try to set up play dates and other things. So we'll see if I can get that to change but I can only do so much.

We stopped it because it was too hard to push the stroller through Level 10 crowds.

What other dates are you throwing around?

That's too bad. Both dh and I grew up with our cousins being our best friends and like brothers and sisters to us. Grumpy got to spend a lot of time with his cousins. On my side, we had his cousins every year for Easter and New Years. On dh's side, Grumpy headed up and still does in the summer to visit.

JJ barely knows any of them. When they came here to visit, he was so overwhelmed and overstimulated that they had to cut their vacation visit short. Same when we went there to visit. It's a shame. But what can we do?

I think flying (even a 16 hour flight to China) is easier for her because she knows she can get up and walk around whenever she wants--and she doesn't have to sit beside her sister! When she's in the car, she feels "trapped" by the seat belt, but at least it's better than when she was in a car seat. Those we referred to as "infant torture devices" based on her reaction to them. We really had to think before driving anywhere when she was younger because she would scream as soon as we strapped her in, and not strapping her in wasn't an option.

That's too bad that she didn't like the car seat or seat belt. JJ always loved the snuggy, close feeling of the car seat. We'd hit the road and he'd hit the hay. The combination always put him to sleep. Now he doesn't like the regular seat belt in the car. He says it's uncomfy and he can't fall asleep. Instead, I sit in the back and have either entertain him or find something to entertain him the whole time. Last night it was making up stories. One person would start the story and each person after would build on it and so on. He also likes to play guess which Star Wars character I'm talking about. But I can never guess his, because he picks these obscure characters I've never heard of.

I'm glad the plane has worked well to China and back. That would have been torturous otherwise. She's gone to visit twice, right? Plus the trip to originally bring her home with you.

That's too bad that she didn't like the car seat or seat belt. JJ always loved the snuggy, close feeling of the car seat. We'd hit the road and he'd hit the hay. The combination always put him to sleep. Now he doesn't like the regular seat belt in the car. He says it's uncomfy and he can't fall asleep. Instead, I sit in the back and have either entertain him or find something to entertain him the whole time. Last night it was making up stories. One person would start the story and each person after would build on it and so on. He also likes to play guess which Star Wars character I'm talking about. But I can never guess his, because he picks these obscure characters I've never heard of.

I'm glad the plane has worked well to China and back. That would have been torturous otherwise. She's gone to visit twice, right? Plus the trip to originally bring her home with you.

I think part of the problem with the car seat was that she'd never seen one until she was almost a year old. When babies come home from the hospital in car seats, they get used to them and find them comforting like JJ did. When babies spend the first year or so of their lives in an orphange and then two weeks riding around China in their new parent's laps, a car seat is a huge and unwelcome change.

With her sensory issues she still complains about the seat belt, but we've found that if we get get her reading or watching a movie on her IPAD, she gets distracted and the trips are better.

We've only done the one family trip to China (in the summer of 2012). Grace wants to go back, but Megan doesn't. I would like to take them back again sometime in the next 5 or 6 years, though. I think one more trip to China with them before Megan goes to university would be good. (She's in Grade 7 now, so we have a little while to save for it and get organized.)

We stopped it because it was too hard to push the stroller through Level 10 crowds.

What other dates are you throwing around?

That's too bad. Both dh and I grew up with our cousins being our best friends and like brothers and sisters to us. Grumpy got to spend a lot of time with his cousins. On my side, we had his cousins every year for Easter and New Years. On dh's side, Grumpy headed up and still does in the summer to visit.

JJ barely knows any of them. When they came here to visit, he was so overwhelmed and overstimulated that they had to cut their vacation visit short. Same when we went there to visit. It's a shame. But what can we do?

That's the issue we have too (double stroller). Plus Jeremy walks most of the time now (I still bring a really cheap umbrella stroller for him at night because it's just to scary to think of him wandering away in the dark and not being able to find him quickly).

We're still looking at school breaks for the kids so probably spring break (March/April) or depending on when New Year's falls we could do a quick trip where we drive down on the 1st and home on whatever that Sunday is. I really don't want to do June because of the heat. (I know and here we're going to go to WDW in June and the heat/humidity. :rotfl2:)

That's good that Grumpy is still close with his cousin's. I'm still close with a couple of mine but the younger one's I don't see at all.

It is a shame but we do what we can when we can. Hopefully as the kids get older they realize we at least tried and for my kids at least they have started making some really good friendships that I hope are able to last.

Glad you guys had a good time at the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter