Commercial renting website

You can email info to them at Member Services, they will pass it on to legal. As far as a hot line, I think their resources to find these people are such they don't need a hot line. They monitor all Ebay transactions and they monitor all Net forums such as these. That is probably enough.

Sammie,

I realize you have "sources" so I take you at your word on this and I don't doubt it for a second. Monitoring and enforcing are two different things, however.

Have your sources revealed any knowledge of enforcement, i.e frozen accounts or revoked memberships? Has any of the removed websites been taken down for anything other than copyright violations?

Been lurking... trying to stay out of the battle. :cool2:

I think maybe Disney has as much info as they can process in their own databases. A few well written programs easily flush out targeted patterns. Shotgun approach is more effective and cheaper than a sniper.

I agree, but I think tips would still be helpful. I think monitoring point usage and reservation patterns would be the most relevant trigger for an investigation. (If someone has a web site but only rents 200 points a year, who cares?) If someone has already been identified as a potential problem through frequent reservations and cancellations involving large numbers of points, I think tips would be helpful to prove intent.

I think some posters may be unwittingly revealing intent by their posts right here on this forum.:rolleyes1 Or maybe willingness to post is an indication of innocence? :confused:

Sammie,

I realize you have "sources" so I take you at your word on this and I don't doubt it for a second. Monitoring and enforcing are two different things, however.

Have your sources revealed any knowledge of enforcement, i.e frozen accounts or revoked memberships? Has any of the removed websites been taken down for anything other than copyright violations?

I did not ask for specifics since I really had no interest. I was told that the letters sent out were a first step, other steps would be taken on a as needed basis and they felt like with the new enforcement of the transfer rule, renters not calling MS, and email notification and letters that the problem was being dealt with.

I did not ask for specifics since I really had no interest. I was told that the letters sent out were a first step, other steps would be taken on a as needed basis and they felt like with the new enforcement of the transfer rule, renters not calling MS, and email notification and letters that the problem was being dealt with.

Thank you and that is really the same information I was given. No credible evidence YET of any enforcement. We'll have to stay tuned to know for sure.

Been lurking... trying to stay out of the battle. :cool2:

I think maybe Disney has as much info as they can process in their own databases. A few well written programs easily flush out targeted patterns. Shotgun approach is more effective and cheaper than a sniper.

True, but police have informants to deliver information as a means of efficiency.

Just think, a reward of $50 in Disney dollars per tip or one additional DVC point added to your contract for each indictment of a commercial renter. !!!!! :lmao:

That's me, and it could be you too if you purchase my brand new eBook: Renting High-Demand DVC Weeks For Fun & Profit

Order now and you'll:
  • Learn how to snag hard-to-get times like Christmas, Easter, 4th of July and Thanksgiving
  • Learn how to buy distressed points cheap and magically turn them into fixed weeks
  • Learn how to create a professional looking website to do your selling for you
  • Learn how to get 15, 18, up to 20 dollars or more per point for your rental
  • Learn how to handle inquiries by DVC legal and nosey fellow members
  • Learn how to rake in the profits while keeping the IRS off your back
As a bonus, we'll also teach you DVC secrets like:
  • How to get five or more people in a one-bedroom villa
  • How to get perks like valet parking, pool-hopping and dining discounts for your renters
  • How to market the Disney Dining Plan on message boards for weight watchers and over-eaters anonymous
All orders will receive a free bathrobe, bottle of Ballatore and a polycarbonate champagne glass embossed with our motto: Let The Good Times Roll

Act now; Be one of the first 20 callers and we'll send you a refillable mug good for a lifetime of free soda anywhere in Walt Disney World!

Call Now! (888) 555-RENT

---------------------------------------
I can't get through to your stupid call center -- busy, busy, busy. You'd think the Taliban at Guantanamo could handle a few thousand calls an hour!

Can I still get the freebies and the introductory price of $3.95?

If not, who do I call at Disney to complain about this most recent disaster caused by DDP???

I think maybe Disney has as much info as they can process in their own databases. A few well written programs easily flush out targeted patterns.
You don't need to write anything. All you need is ACL, which every Disney auditor probably has on their laptop.
Shotgun approach is more effective and cheaper than a sniper.
True...but not as much fun!

Thank you and that is really the same information I was given. No credible evidence YET of any enforcement. We'll have to stay tuned to know for sure.

What I was told was evidence enough for me. I have no reason to think they would not do what they said they would do. No reason for them to do that.

You don't need to write anything. All you need is ACL, which every Disney auditor probably has on their laptop. True...but not as much fun!

Jim:

ACL?

I though it was ACV??????

Help!

-Tony

..... renters not calling MS....

So a renter can't call MS? That means a renter has no way to confirm with MS other than maybe a 3-way phone call?

How would this help solve the commercial renting problem?

So a renter can't call MS? That means a renter has no way to confirm with MS other than maybe a 3-way phone call?

It doesn't solve the commercial renting problem. It DOES solve the problem of Non-Members tying up Member's telephone lines and Member Services cast member's time to inquire about some personal transaction they made with another individual which had absolutely nothing to do with DVC and member services. When the original person called and made the reservation, they got a reservation number, and eventually a reservation letter in the mail.

I fail to see how any Non-member thinks they have a right to use the Member's toll free line, which costs all the other members higher dues, so they can check on a reservation made by someone else. Why should the membership as a whole, pay higher fees, endure longer wait times on their own telephone calls, all so a non-member can have some sort of peace of mind?

When you rent from someone, all your transactions are with that person, not with DVC. The member gets a confirmation in the mail and should forward it to you. Shouldn't that be enough confirmation?

And keep in mind that a person who rents out a reservation could cancel it at any time. So even a confirmation from Member Services is not a guarantee the member won't later cancel it.

...I fail to see how any Non-member thinks they have a right to use the Member's toll free line, which costs all the other members higher dues, so they can check on a reservation made by someone else. ....

I think it's the same mentality that uses the toll free TA number that Disney has set up (or any of the toll free numbers that are out there). It's a free phone call, nobody pays for it. Right???:rolleyes:

...I fail to see how any Non-member thinks they have a right to use the Member's toll free line...
Maybe we should try a little harder. I have to think Disney, in their infinite wisdom, had some reason for allowing non-members to call MS during the first 15 years of the program.

Oh, and let's not have any shill posting between the two of you. ;)

Despite the lack of Internet, my sources tell me that no one from Salem in 1692 actually made it out alive anyway. They tell me they're all "gone."

Jim -- you always have the BEST sources! :rotfl:

It doesn't solve it but it does make it less attractive to some renters. It was truly a false sense of security anyway and accomplished nothing for the renter. The member could still cancel after the renter called MS. Plus it removed Disney's involvement with the rental process.

My only suggestion is they not rent or kick out the money for a DVC purchase. :(
I for one would scared to rent for this very reason alone.

JMHO

It doesn't solve the commercial renting problem. It DOES solve the problem of Non-Members tying up Member's telephone lines and Member Services cast member's time to inquire about some personal transaction they made with another individual which had absolutely nothing to do with DVC and member services.

When you rent from someone, all your transactions are with that person, not with DVC. The member gets a confirmation in the mail and should forward it to you. Shouldn't that be enough confirmation?

And keep in mind that a person who rents out a reservation could cancel it at any time. So even a confirmation from Member Services is not a guarantee the member won't later cancel it.

I see your point here.

I just got the impression that someone above had implied this change would help solve the commercial renting problem.

I have no problem with this restriction as I make my money with web sites that promise secrets of personal physical enhancements for 29.95 -- and not by renting out my precious DVC points.

BTW, Like my new signature?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter