COMPLETE: Holiday & Seasons Swap MAILED: slideshow post 2 & 3

I've started sorting the letters. It is slow going. THe main reason why is that the wrong size bags were used. PLEASE - -if you ever again join a letter swap, please take pity on your hostess and use the correct size bags. The outer bag needs to be at least a quart size bag. Sandwich bags are too small - -they don't hold the snack size bags. It is a nightmare to try to shove the too big bags into the too small bags. I have given up. If you did not use a quart or larger bag, I had to dump your letters from their individual bags - -the risk here is that some of the letters will stick together. I am sorry that I have to take such a hard line on this - -just think, in one group, say Christmas, I am handling 90 bags. I think there are 40 letter groups. I just can't play around with the bags.

Ouch. Another reason why I am glad that this year I am only doing full pages.

HUGS!!!!:hug:

I've started sorting the letters. It is slow going. THe main reason why is that the wrong size bags were used. PLEASE - -if you ever again join a letter swap, please take pity on your hostess and use the correct size bags. The outer bag needs to be at least a quart size bag. Sandwich bags are too small - -they don't hold the snack size bags. It is a nightmare to try to shove the too big bags into the too small bags. I have given up. If you did not use a quart or larger bag, I had to dump your letters from their individual bags - -the risk here is that some of the letters will stick together. I am sorry that I have to take such a hard line on this - -just think, in one group, say Christmas, I am handling 90 bags. I think there are 40 letter groups. I just can't play around with the bags.

I understand your pain.. I had to do the same thing in the last swap I hosted.. So sorry you are dealing with this... Have a drink on me.. I'll send money and a cute Cabana Boy!!! :grouphug:

I know I ran into the same problem with my letter swap. Took me forever...I think I was up to around 80 hours of sorting! The bags made it very difficult when they weren't the right size. Good luck moving forward!

Ouch. Another reason why I am glad that this year I am only doing full pages.

HUGS!!!!:hug:

:hug: So sorry you are dealing with this.

Cassey

THanks for your support!

I understand your pain.. I had to do the same thing in the last swap I hosted.. So sorry you are dealing with this... Have a drink on me.. I'll send money and a cute Cabana Boy!!! :grouphug:

I have the chocolate martini - -send the cabana boy!

I know I ran into the same problem with my letter swap. Took me forever...I think I was up to around 80 hours of sorting! The bags made it very difficult when they weren't the right size. Good luck moving forward!

:scared1: I spent 1.5 hours last night and again tonight and I have only 10 letter groups sorted. I am hoping to dedicate most of tomorrow morning to sorting.

The slideshow is up for the letter groups I have sorted. Post 2, at the top of the post, click on the photos to activate the slideshow.

oh no...sorry you are having problems....
so hope I used the correct bags...if I didn't please tell me !!

also, just saw that postage went up....please let me know if you need more money for postage!

:hug::hug: I had the same issues with my letter swap, that is one of the reasons I'm not hosting another letter swap. The sorting was too darn time consuming!!! I spent over 30 hours on the final sorting process. So sorry you're having to deal with this :hug::hug:

I think Nan has the right idea ;) Have a drink delivered by a cute boy :thumbsup2

So sorry the bags are a problem for you. I know that not having things labeled and bagged correctly can be a huge problem as a hostess. I know I sent a check for about $11 which would have covered flat rate before- if you end up being able to send it non flat rate use the rest to cover sending back anything that needs the higher postage. If you need more let me know.

Rebecca

I hope I sent the right size baggies. Sorry you are dealing with this.

I also just realized that postage went up. Please feel free to send mine back by first class and keep the change to cover any additional costs.

And, don't forget to PM me hubby's address, we have cookies!

I hope mine are the right ones, sorry if they aren't.
I don't need mine sent priority either.
Love the slideshow.

I hope I sent the right size baggies. Sorry you are dealing with this.

I also just realized that postage went up. Please feel free to send mine back by first class and keep the change to cover any additional costs.

And, don't forget to PM me hubby's address, we have cookies!

He loves GS cookies! But, he doesn't have an address yet:headache: He is in Texas now, but should flying out this week. Also, this time out, he is a civilian employee, not military.

Postage:

The rates went up as most of you know. At this point, please do not send any additional money. I'm really not sure how much more the total postage is as I am focused on sorting. If it seems like too much for me to just cover it, what I may do is ask you to send it to me with the MK swap if you are in that swap or send it to AWM if you are in the sketch swap. I don't know, but I am not going to worry about it at this moment.

Unfortunately, sending things non-priority is not an effective option. Buying the right envelopes + postage usually costs more than priority.

BAGS --

I know the real problem is, if you haven't hostessed, the problems with the bags just doesn't occur to you. It didn't occur to me until I hostessed. I know I come accross as controlling and probably even nasty when it comes to bags, but it is really just my efforts to get across the importance to the hostess that things are bagged so that the sorting goes as smoothly as possible.

I don't know. Somehow I feel like full disclosure is warranted. He is doing the same job a LT Col would do, just without a uniform. Everyone going with him is either in the military reserves or is retired military. (DH will be retired from Army Reserves in May) I think the gov't just contracts these jobs out so they can say they are spending less money on the military.

Erin -- your other package arrived. I don't suppose you have 6 Thanksgiving Ns lying about? I have 12 K, instead of 6 N and 6 K. If you don't have them, I will attempt to pry off your turkey and make the Ns. (Read that sentence again - -I am sure that no other human being since the beginning of time has written that sentence-- a true original)

Shout out to MM2000 & VickiV -- I LOVE your letters for Pumpkin Patch -- Jennifer did the C and Vivki the H. Very creative. The photos will be added to the slideshow later today. SO far H1 Pumpkin Patch is my favorite grp.

I don't know. Somehow I feel like full disclosure is warranted. He is doing the same job a LT Col would do, just without a uniform. Everyone going with him is either in the military reserves or is retired military. (DH will be retired from Army Reserves in May) I think the gov't just contracts these jobs out so they can say they are spending less money on the military.

I appreciate the full disclosure. As far as I'm concerned, he's there on military business, and working with other military people. I'm happy to send to him, and I know the girls are too. We have more than enough donations to send some to your DH and some to "active" military as well ;)

Erin -- your other package arrived. I don't suppose you have 6 Thanksgiving Ns lying about? I have 12 K, instead of 6 N and 6 K. If you don't have them, I will attempt to pry off your turkey and make the Ns. (Read that sentence again - -I am sure that no other human being since the beginning of time has written that sentence-- a true original)

Shout out to MM2000 & VickiV -- I LOVE your letters for Pumpkin Patch -- Jennifer did the C and Vivki the H. Very creative. The photos will be added to the slideshow later today. SO far H1 Pumpkin Patch is my favorite grp.

I can't remember what I made! :lmao:

Ugh....no I don't have 6 N's....for whatever reason I wrote 12 K's down...not sure why? I will be more than happy to make 6 N's tomorrow and get them out to each of the swappers. I would do it tonight, but DS is finally officially back to wrestling and we are going to the match. It will only take me about an hour or so in the am and I could have them postal tomorrow afternoon when the mail lady comes. Let me know...I have no problem with that though! I will go ahead and design the N now in SCAL and hold it until I get the go ahead! So sorry for adding to your sorting stress!

Ugh....no I don't have 6 N's....for whatever reason I wrote 12 K's down...not sure why? I will be more than happy to make 6 N's tomorrow and get them out to each of the swappers. I would do it tonight, but DS is finally officially back to wrestling and we are going to the match. It will only take me about an hour or so in the am and I could have them postal tomorrow afternoon when the mail lady comes. Let me know...I have no problem with that though! I will go ahead and design the N now in SCAL and hold it until I get the go ahead! So sorry for adding to your sorting stress!

If you can mail them by Friday, send them to me by regular mail in a business envelope. THe sorting is really slow; it should get here before I am finished. If you can't, let's go with mailing them to the swappers, but regular mail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter