COMPLETED 9/5 - I'm just here for the food...and the lightsaber! - May 2021 Trip Report

Millennium Falcon and Dinner at Epcot
Monday, May 24, 2021 (part 5)

Ok, so 7:35....what to do? The Millenium Falcon, of course! The posted wait must have been short (I don't remember what it was), and we were in the room with Hondo after 10 minutes, so.......sweeeet!
SmqlmF0.jpg
iL7QKhG.jpg

You could tell it was the end of the night because the line wasn't super crowded. We had fun taking pictures in the Falcon's lounge.
4ziqztz.jpg
w0tmynv.jpg

We got assigned a car all by ourselves, so of course, all the photos, since we didn't have to worry about screwing up the ride for the other people with us.
8cf8SHk.jpg
0Xj6lHQ.jpg

(Trevor is opening his eyes real big on that last one 'cause I was giving him a hard time about squinting for the pictures :) )

4GMJhDX.jpg
TIL1Dc8.jpg

ZV4zPsV.jpg
SdvMTiF.jpg

kPmKepl.jpg

We didn't do so hot this time, but then again, for whatever reason the ship wasn't speaking to our data pads so it didn't get recorded anyways. :(

We got off the ride a minute or two after 8, and so as we were leaving, we decided to just ask at Oga's if they had any walk-up availability, cause why not? They didn't, which we kind of expected. But then, we took like 5 steps away and I stepped in a fresh wet wad of gum that someone had spit out. It was GROSS. I have nothing wrong with chewing gum, but people who spit out their gum on the ground are horrible people -- especially at Disney where there are trash cans ALL OVER THE FREAKING PLACE. People suck sometimes.

So I was standing there cleaning up my shoe (the Oga's people brought me some paper towels and so we were trying to clean it off and using some hand sanitizer alcohol), and after like 5 minutes, the Oga's people came back and were like "hey, we have an opening if you want to come in?" I think they felt bad for me and the gum on my shoe. I'll take it!! More pixie dust!

We we were standing at the bar, which we were ok with. Trevor was enjoying wandering around and looking around at all the cool theming elements. I took the time to take a video of poor DJ Rex having a bit of a breakdown, if you're interest: DJ Rex breaking down
Fc5VETq.jpg
k9cqNZS.jpg

ckNlVZv.jpg

I got the Blurggfire drink: Lemonade, Pomegranate juice, and Habanero-lime. Trevor got the Cliff Dweller: Citrus juices, coconut, hibiscus-grenadine, and ginger ale. The Cliff Dweller comes in a souvenir porg cup, but we decided against getting it. Both our drinks were delicious.

We were hungry though, since our planned dinner in Epcot didn't materialize (due to the France booth being out of everything, sadly), so we got the Batuu Bits: Crispy Galaxy Snack Bits with Spiced Chermoula Dip and the Oga's Obsession: Lemonade, Cotton Candy Flavor, Blueberry Popping Pearls with a Bursting Dried Fruit Mixture.
gMRdAs6.jpg
50omGst.jpg

p2jl3mr.jpg

The Batuu bits (above) were weirdly good? I liked the big crispy pita and the dip especially, but even the weird freeze-dried/crunchy vegetables were good. Kind of like addicting -- you don't really like it but you keep eating it. And the Oga's Obsession (the petri dish jello thing) was fun -- Trevor liked the pop rocks. :)

We didn't hang out too long at Oga's -- we had a reservation there for the next night, and we were hungry and obviously no real food at Oga's. So we were talking and we saw that Epcot closed at 10, and it was 8:30 then...we figured we had enough time to run over there and grab some food! So we left Oga's and started walking semi-quickly to the exit. Though of course, now that it was actually night, we had to stop and take pictures.
RhbgSNy.jpg
miKvPXP.jpg

cmoAKyn.jpg

Trevor is very pleased with his lightsaber -- you can totally tell in this picture. :)

acaJLPK.jpg
yPDy0uY.jpg

xphbZ1M.jpg
VIepdNA.jpg

HQDY0Ue.jpg

We had to take a selfie on our way out of the park, in front of the theatre all lit-up.
ednYtkU.jpg

We left the park and called for an Uber--the skyliner line was VERY long, and since it was already about 8:50/8:55pm we figured an Uber would be a better bet. It turned out to be. The Uber came at 9:02pm, and dropped us off at Beach Club at 9:07 pm. Not bad! And then we had a lovely walk from Beach Club through International Gateway. Guys, Epcot is absolutely lovely all lit up!
1ZTHzTA.jpg

So, our game plan: Trevor wanted one of the huge pretzels from Germany for dinner, and most of the festival booths closed at 9 (I believe...I'm trying to remember), so I was thinking, hey! I could get some stuff from Regal Eagle. We saw a couple vlog reviews of Regal Eagle and for whatever reason the garlic bread just sounded really good right then. So Trevor and I were speedwalking across the back of World Showcase -- I actually told him to go on ahead and leave me behind, cause we weren't sure if the pretzel cart would be open or anything and he walks faster than I do. But luckily when I caught up with him he was in line for the pretzel (phew!) and so I was placing a mobile order for Regal Eagle, and Trevor had me get him a side of Mac and Cheese. I decided to do a lovely dinner meal of sides, and got two sides of garlic bread, a side of coleslaw, and milk. Dinner of champions! The timing worked out -- Trevor met up with me right as my mobile order was ready, and since it was dark and had cooled down, we took advantage and ate outside. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but it was actually really nice. Just hit the spot, eating yummy stuff and enjoying the music and the slightly cooler weather.
Ke8kbDZ_d.webp
8fUgv1A.jpg

Also the theming for Regal Eagle is fantastic. Sam the Eagle is hilarious.
jjX9D73.jpg

We finished eating just before the park closed, so then we were really meandering out pretty slowly, taking pictures and enjoying the ambience.
EylWEGK.jpg

The only lightsaber pictures in World Showcase!

My feet were really hurting so we decided to take the boat back to the Swan. We got lucky - a boat pulled up right after we got there. Sweet!
Fv1qXe5.jpg

We pulled up at the Swan at 10:36 pm
M4YzdAO.jpg

We then decided to stop at the convenience store thing in the Dolphin, in hopes of getting some milk to eat with our Gideon's cookies. Success! We found some, though it was SUPER expensive. Worth it thought, cause the best way to end such a good day was with Gideon's cookies!! We tried the Pistachio Toffee and Peanut Butter Crunch.
LSf2rCL.jpg
xYcOe2M_d.webp

They were both really good, though we were really glad we had gotten the milk. You really need milk with Gideon's cookies! These weren't my favorites, but they were still really good. I don't like peanuts, though I do like peanut butter, and I thought that I wouldn't like the peanut chunks in the peanut butter cookie, but I couldn't really tell they were there--or at least not enough for me to be bothered by them. Delicious.

So yea, that was our first day in Galaxy's Edge! We were exhausted, but a good, happy exhaustion. We had had a FANTASTIC day: we tried all the food, and rode all the rides, and hacked a little bit with our data pads, and of course, Trevor built his lightsaber! It totally lived up to our expectations -- Trevor was loving it. It was fantastic. I have no other words - just tons of superlatives. It was great. :) And the next day we were heading back!

Fun with Metrics:
Steps walked: 24,549 steps (10.8 miles)
Ride count: 5 for Trevor, 6 for Tiffany (Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, Millennium Falcon x2, Rise of the Resistance, Star Tours; Tiffany also rode Tower of Terror)

Up Next: what is even left to do in Galaxy's Edge?

Can't help feeling like they're doing some kind of experiment, seeing what people will tolerate with regards to lines and such.
I think they are! On Touring Plans podcast they were talking about how Disney was testing line waits for there new Genie app.

lue and Green Milk and Docking Bay 7 and Jack Jack Cookie Num-Nums, Oh My!
Monday, May 24 2021 (part 3)
This already sounds like a great day!

At the same time we were also using our datapads to hack stuff. :D
Ok, We have yet to figure out how to use the app for this stuff...

The line was socially-distanced so it was using the outdoor queue, which I have NEVER seen before. We took some fun pictures in line though.
That area is great.

Too bad you can't actually go into the treehouse or paths up there.
That would be amazing! Like Swiss Family Tree house but Ewoks!!!

Plant-based Meatballs, Herb Hummus, Tomato-Cucumber Relish, Pita. This was also really good! The meatballs really tasted like meat -- I honestly couldn't tell that they were plant-based. And it was a lot of food
This is soooo good. And you are right you would never know that it isn't real beef. It also doesn't matter with that, it's just good.

I was a bit irritated because we booked this before the price increase, and then they charged me the new price, even though when they announced the price increase they said that people who'd booked before the increase would get the old price. *sigh* I get it, but it was a bit disappointing. But Trevor was so psyched he didn't notice, which was good -- stuff like that is for me to notice, not him, not when he's getting to build a lightsaber and ought to be focusing on that. :)
I feel like they did that on purpose, I bet if you mentioned it they would have just changed the price but totally took care of the price difference... blah

Where is this!?!

That was just a perfect cap to the whole lightsaber building experience. So awesome.
Glad he liked the whole thing!

e Oga's people came back and were like "hey, we have an opening if you want to come in?" I think they felt bad for me and the gum on my shoe. I'll take it!! More pixie dust!
Best gum ever!!!

it was dark and had cooled down, we took advantage and ate outside. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but it was actually really nice. Just hit the spot, eating yummy stuff and enjoying the music and the slightly cooler weather.
Ke8kbDZ_d.webp
This looks perfect to me!

EylWEGK.jpg

The only lightsaber pictures in World Showcase!
Love it!

So yea, that was our first day in Galaxy's Edge! We were exhausted, but a good, happy exhaustion.
Man! That was quiet the day!!!

I think they are! On Touring Plans podcast they were talking about how Disney was testing line waits for there new Genie app.
Oh I missed that! It makes sense though.

Ok, We have yet to figure out how to use the app for this stuff...
It's a couple of steps to get into it -- you have to go in through the Disney Play App and then the Galaxy's Edge icon, and then I think there's another screen? -- but once you're in it's really pretty fun. You scan crates and you get what's in them (like an ewok costume :) ), and when you hack things, you make things in the land light up or make sounds. It's pretty fun.

That would be amazing! Like Swiss Family Tree house but Ewoks!!!
YES! Now I want this.

I feel like they did that on purpose, I bet if you mentioned it they would have just changed the price but totally took care of the price difference... blah
I was very irritated. I mentioned it to the CM running the checkout and she was just like *shrugs* the price changed. I then messaged a CM on the app (it was their like Guest Services contact us via chat function or something) and that CM said the same thing -- the price is subject to change, tough cookies. Blergh.

Where is this!?!
In that courtyard in front of Savi's

Best gum ever!!!
lol right? Definitely made up for it!

OMG you guys were busy!
it didn't feel like it at the time, but writing this up, you're right! Adrenaline and excitement is a heck of a drug :)

Deja Vu Morning?
Tuesday, May 25, 2021 (part 1)

We'd had a very busy day on Monday, so naturally we slept in on Tuesday, right? HAHAHAHAHA no. It's like you don't even know me at all. We were totally planning to rope drop Hollywood Studios again -- more Galaxy's Edge!

First though, breakfast of champions: salted caramel cake from Gideon's. Delicious on the third day.
nLBt9yH.jpg

We did the same setup to try and get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance again, and we got lucky again! We got Boarding Group 10 -- yay!!! I definitely recommend recruiting friends who'll be up and having them log in to your account and try to get you the boarding group too. It definitely worked for us! :D

Our morning really was very similar to the day before -- we left the room at 7:25am, and the morning was just as gorgeous. No duck family today though :(
uEsCMvt.jpg

When we got to the line they hadn't yet put us through security. We hung out here for 5 or 10 minutes.
8Iavs7R.jpg

At 7:45 they moved us up to the tents. The line wasn't too bad, just like the day before.
I4VMumG.jpg

It was, as you may imagine, super hot. So I left Trevor in line and sat down in the shade. I'm a super good wife, right? :D
aUFRyZv.jpg

They let us through security at 8:02, and we were right at a tapstile, just like the day before. The crowd filled in pretty quick--this was at 8:08am, per the time stamp my picture.
vX3pK3J.jpg

We were hanging out, waiting to be let in when a poor Mom and her 3 or 4 year old daughter came up to the front asking where the restrooms were, since the daughter had decided she urgently had to go. And of course, at rope drop, your options are go all the way back and lose your spot, or hold it til the park opens and go inside. I felt so bad for them! So we let them cut in front of us so that as soon as the park opened they could run to the bathroom. Luckily they didn't have to wait toooooo long-- the park opened at 8:20am.

We decided to head back to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway for rope drop again. (Like I said, very similar to the day before - I am nothing if not predictable :D). It's a pleasant experience, as running for a rope drop attraction goes. Most people head to Slinky or break for Galaxy's Edge, so the crowds aren't too bad, and add in that MMRR is right there at the front of the park so you aren't speedwalking for very long. It's nice! We were the second party on the ride, so we got to be in the front of the car again (no plexiglass! :D)
tY3FCBG.jpg
cfN3Maw.jpg

I got my camera out in time to take a picture of one of our favorite Easter Eggs and nod to the Great Movie Ride.
7OIKSev.jpg

Can you see the movie poster there? "The Great Moving Ride"! :D

I love the animation style of the ride -- they really succeeded in making you feel like you were inside the cartoon. At least, I thought so. :D
ToqGljn.jpg

After MMRR (we were off at 8:31 am), we headed back to Galaxy's Edge (I know you're super surprised, right?). We leisurely walked around the Rise of the Resistance area, hacking a bunch of things. We were hoping Rise would open early so we could ride it, but the CMs there said it wouldn't open for at least 45 minutes (as opposed to Monday when they called our group at 8:30 am) so we decided to do what we did the day before and heading to ride the Falcon. It was posted at 40 minutes, and they were using the extended queue/backstage area.
Mn92XGY.jpg

Just to keep track, this picture was at 9:11 am. The queue actually did move pretty quickly, even though we were totally ready to hack things in line while we waited. And you know, take a bunch of pictures, of course. :) That initial garage area is super neat - lots of fun details to look at in there. We got into the garage area after 20 minutes.
jXfuiqt.jpg
wtlIq88.jpg

bV1KEWX.jpg
UOiJM1m.jpg

pFjbh1s.jpg
BdzauEv.jpg

I will say one of our absolute favorite parts of Galaxy's Edge, as dumb as it may sound, is the line soundtrack in the Falcon. The conversations over the intercom between Gar and Malta and Hondo had us absolutely cracking up. We even tried recording parts of it, but it's hard to get a clear recording of it. If you can find some online, they are HILARIOUS. I found this one transcript, but the audio is better:

GAR: Gar for Malta. Gar for Malta.
MALTA: This is Malta go ahead.
GAR: Hey Malta can you hear that?
MALTA: Hear What Gar?
GAR: Well there’s a hissing coming from this crate.
MALTA: Uh, No I can’t hear anything over the intercom. But maybe you should leave it alone. In fact I’m sure you should leave it alone.
GAR: *crunch* OW! OH! Aw man that hurts!
MALTA: *sighs* What did you do?
GAR: What do you think I would do? Hey why would someone be shipping baby rathtars? THAT can’t be legal!
MALTA: GAR were you just bitten by a rathtar?!
GAR: A little!…Oh wow…that swells up fast. WheeEEEE!!
MALTA: Oh uh oh uh uh Gar? Uh Concentrate where are the rathtars now?
GAR: Hoo? Rasthtars go bye bye! Heh Bye bye! raththtars!
MALTA: Gar?! Gaaaar!?
GAR: Ni-night! *crash*
MALTA: *sighs* I hope he’s alright.

Itr8vCx.jpg

You can see the datapad in Trevor's hand -- we were definitely playing on it the whole time in line.

We got to the room with Hondo at 9:40, so the posted wait was pretty spot on.
hMzHqqw.jpg
pRdYsAf.jpg

We had a little bit of time in the Falcon's lounge, so we got someone to take a picture of both of us at the game table. Yay! It's not a great picture, but the lighting in there is definitely difficult.
QaXL6xF.jpg

This time we were assigned to be engineers. Gotta pay our dues! :D And this time on our way to the cockpit we walked by the gunner's tunnel. Had to take a picture there of Trevor, of course.
JqZKIsC.jpg

At least being an engineer left us with enough spare attention to take some pictures of being on the ride.
iaDJP9L.jpg
Jrn88hL.jpg
x4GwYjm.jpg
UdBbb2u.jpg

Sadly yet again the scoring was broken and didn't talk to our datapads. But this time even the screen inside the Falcon was broken: we got 0 points.
MIAO9O3.jpg

Oh well!

We got off the Falcon at 9:55am, and we were hungry. We'd planned to get breakfast at Woody's Lunchbox, but we weren't sure if we could since we thought they stopped serving breakfast at 10am. Luckily though they kept doing breakfast til 10:30am. Sweet! So we placed a mobile order and headed out of Galaxy's Edge into Toy Story land. And a good thing we had til 10:30am, cause on our way out of Galaxy's Edge, we passed a photopass photographer by the Toy Story Land sign. We (of course) had to stop. :D I didn't realize how much the sign at this end of the land looks like the sign at the front, with the giant Woody.
AKVB3nf.jpg
H2h7a3V.jpg

Trevor is at least pointing to the right spot (despite the squint). I'm not looking anywhere near the right spot. Oh well! :)

iuymMl6.jpg
D1XfLOt.jpg

Some fun poses, despite the squints from looking into the sun. :D

And that's my picture limit! Up next, breakfast at Woody's Lunchbox!

It sounds like a great couple days at DHS
Yay to getting a boarding group each day
I missed the Great Movie ride poster, cool, I will need to look for this next time.

Woody's Lunchbox, Rise of the Resistance, and the Outlets!
Tuesday, May 25, 2021 (part 2)

We left off heading to get breakfast at one of our favorite quick service places in all of Disneyworld -- Woody's lunchbox! I was actually really disappointed that the breakfast sandwich I'd gotten before wasn't on the menu, but that's ok. We ended up getting the Breakfast Bowl -- "Hearty portion of Potato Barrels smothered in Smoked Brisket Country Gravy, Scrambled Eggs and a sprinkling of Green Onions".
MaEjUTv.jpg

This was surprisingly delicious, and a lot of food! Trevor and I split it and it was plenty. It was really hot and fresh, and just hit the spot. Woody's Lunchbox continues their streak of hits. :D

We also got a root beer float (heck yes!) and a raspberry tart. The tart was a bit dry for my taste.
hxms4xp.jpg
nPDSS02.jpg

Seriously guys -- mobile order during Covid makes finding seats at QS restaurants so much more pleasant. We found a table very easily, and look at the lack of crowds here.
mYFg9as.jpg

Candid shot! :D
WuCQjF0.jpg

We finished up breakfast and they had called our boarding group so it was time for Rise of the Resistance! We walked over there and checked in, and this time we got to go through the regular queue. That theming is awesome! We had a great time taking so many pictures, as well as using our datapads to hack things and find out what was in storage crates.
Gz3npMC.jpg
vFUjLaY.jpg

sOl1h6C.jpg

idKx1Wz.jpg
5efKcGr.jpg
5oNE4Fs.jpg

Even so, within 10 minutes we were in the room with Rey and BB-8. I honestly almost wanted more time so we could look around and open up more crates (virtually open :) ) and such.
p7RKLzg.jpg
mUn5x96.jpg

kUSfIbf.jpg

This time, on the transport, we purposefully stayed near the door, so we could get off quickly but also so we didn't block anyone's view of the animatronic in there. These animatronics are top-notch.
UT43mCG.jpg

I'm not gonna inflict more pictures of the stormtrooper room on you, as I took pretty much the same pictures. :) I did take more pictures of the waiting to be interrogated part -- that theming is just amazing. And the CMs deserve lots of kudos -- they totally rock the Empire attitude while still being helpful CMs.
v5APCA1.jpg
IkRSfXW.jpg

And this time Trevor especially and I took some pictures on Rise itself. We were in the front row, so no plexiglass, but we had the same track where we went to the side of the AT-ATs instead of facing them.
xsHIWS7.jpg
niftjqq.jpg

That was selfie try #1. This try #2 was a bit better. :)
5yCzguH.jpg

And look at this theming on the other side of the door that they cut to get you out of the interrogation cell. How cool is that?!
rJ3hLVU.jpg

We of course loved our ride on Rise. There is SO MUCH to see and take in -- I feel like I saw a bunch of new things this ride and still missed a bunch.
g4DG3UA.jpg
9W4Lplw.jpg

hrTYWd6.jpg

So cool!

After Rise, it was right about 11 am, and the ride wait times were really starting to pick up. You can definitely tell there isn't a whole ton of rides or shows running to take up people's time at Hollywood Studios! So we decided we would actually head out of the park and visit the Outlets. I'd wanted to go to the Disney outlets and Trevor is always up for it too, but we weren't sure when to fit it in. But since we got so much done on Monday, when we saw the ride wait times getting kind of long, we figured we might as well head over there then. But on our way out of the park, we ran into Donald Duck!
xv0yaJw.jpg
boZLruN.jpg

That was fun! Donald is a such a ham. :)

There were several photopass photographers there too, so we took a bunch of pictures.
4agBV3t.jpg
qNgcLBh.jpg
bkctAPA.jpg

Gotta get the classic pics in front of the Chinese Theatre and the Hollywood Studios sign, right?

We finally moseyed out of the park and got in an uber at 11:45. It's a bit of a walk out there to the uber pick up spot, let me tell you! But thankfully there is a bunch of shade once you're there, so that makes it a bit nicer. We got to the outlets just a tiny bit before noon, and we were hoping that there wouldn't be a virtual wait to get in, but that was futile (duuuuuuuuuhhhhhh - there seems to be always a wait now). We checked in 11:59 am, and were told it would be about 90 minutes to 2 hours. Well, we found a spot to sit down and then Trevor went off to look in a few stores and then he came back and I went off to look in a few stores. Sadly, there aren't actually all that many outlets there at Vineland that we like, besides the Disney store! I did get a bit hungry so I ended up getting a peach drink from Auntie Anne's as well as pretzel bites and a pretzel, and we ate that sitting down across from the Disney outlet.
BuByOvr.jpg

In the shade, it wasn't too hot (there was a bit of a breeze), and honestly it was kind of nice to just be sitting down, waiting -- we didn't really mind the wait all that much! We both even dozed off a bit.
eBuZhYL.jpg

Sleeeeeeeepy Trevor!

We got the text telling us it was our turn to shop at 1:39 pm -- so 100 minutes exactly. Ridiculous, but as those things go, not too bad. And we had a BLAST shopping inside. We bought waaaay too much stuff. No pics now -- I did a haul pic at the end of the trip once we were home, that I'll post then. :) But some of the things we got were the Funko Pop of Alice riding the teacups, the Aliens light up necklace, several of the Remy plastic bottles that were prizes at the end of one of the Epcot scavenger hunts (I think from 2020 Food and Wine Festival) cause they were $1, a bunch of the "mine! mine! mine!" luggage tags that I already put on our luggage, some patches and pins, the throw blanket with the letters from that Disney letter collection they did last year....like I said, we spent WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. Oh well. #worthit

We checked out at 2:25, so we were shopping for a good 45 minutes. We had good luck with the uber though -- he pulled up right as we got to the pickup spot. Score! We were dropped off at the hotel at 2:45, and what did we do? Fell into bed immediately and took naps. Cause the sun and the heat SUCKS ALL YOUR ENERGY! Naps are the best. We slept until about 4 pm, and then it was back to the park for us! Though we did have a little snack to get our energy back up:
FszoJdz.jpg

Chocolate covered rice krispy treat! Best treat ever! I still am sad that the make your own krispies aren't back, but this was still pretty good.

We left the room at 4:24 (yay picture time stamps), and this was how Trevor was geared up:
ZMS76Yq.jpg

Notice the lightsaber in it's fancy/heavy duty case. Trevor wanted more pictures! So he had to bring his lightsaber with him so we could do more pictures at night in Galaxy's Edge. Awesome. Bwahahahaha. :)

I'm gonna stop here, and next picture will be our afternoon and evening at Hollywood Studios. Did we take enough pictures with the lightsaber to satisfy Trevor? Come back and find out!

It sounds like a great couple days at DHS
Yay to getting a boarding group each day
I missed the Great Movie ride poster, cool, I will need to look for this next time.

It really was, though probably less fun to read since it was so similar!

There are so many easter eggs on MMRR - I'm sure we didn't even catch half of them. But that Great Moving Ride one is great -- Trevor's favorite, since he was a big fan of the Great Movie Ride.

First though, breakfast of champions: salted caramel cake from Gideon's. Delicious on the third day.
nLBt9yH.jpg
Looks ssooooo good!

So we let them cut in front of us so that as soon as the park opened they could run to the bathroom. Luckily they didn't have to wait toooooo long-- the park opened at 8:20am.
That was really nice!!! Kids are jerks like that!!! The mom was probably freaking out about the timing....

At least being an engineer left us with enough spare attention to take some pictures of being on the ride.
I kind of like being in the back and soaking the ride in. It's not the most exciting seat but you get a good view of everything happening.

We ended up getting the Breakfast Bowl -- "Hearty portion of Potato Barrels smothered in Smoked Brisket Country Gravy, Scrambled Eggs and a sprinkling of Green Onions".
MaEjUTv.jpg
This is one of my favorite breakfasts!!! That gravy... so good.

eriously guys -- mobile order during Covid makes finding seats at QS restaurants so much more pleasant. We found a table very easily, and look at the lack of crowds here.
This sounds devine! Getting a place to sit there is such a pain.

Sweets for breakfast in Disney is a must!

I felt so bad for them! So we let them cut in front of us so that as soon as the park opened they could run to the bathroom.

This was very nice of you. I've been that Mom before with the 3 year old that has to go NOW.

I got my camera out in time to take a picture of one of our favorite Easter Eggs and nod to the Great Movie Ride.
7OIKSev.jpg

I did not know that and will be looking on my next trip.

I will say one of our absolute favorite parts of Galaxy's Edge, as dumb as it may sound, is the line soundtrack in the Falcon. The conversations over the intercom between Gar and Malta and Hondo had us absolutely cracking up. We even tried recording parts of it, but it's hard to get a clear recording of it. If you can find some online, they are HILARIOUS. I found this one transcript, but the audio is better:

I remember hearing a conversation but did not pay close attention. If I ride again I will listen closely.

Some fun poses, despite the squints from looking into the sun. :D

Cute pictures and I love your shirts.

We left off heading to get breakfast at one of our favorite quick service places in all of Disneyworld -- Woody's lunchbox! I was actually really disappointed that the breakfast sandwich I'd gotten before wasn't on the menu, but that's ok.

We love Woody's lunchbox. I'm sad the breakfast sandwich is gone too.

e of course loved our ride on Rise. There is SO MUCH to see and take in -- I feel like I saw a bunch of new things this ride and still missed a bunch.

I've only ridden this twice but noticed a huge difference and more details between the 1st and 2nd ride.

Notice the lightsaber in it's fancy/heavy duty case. Trevor wanted more pictures! So he had to bring his lightsaber with him so we could do more pictures at night in Galaxy's Edge. Awesome. Bwahahahaha. :)

Never too many pictures of lightsabers in GE.

That was really nice!!! Kids are jerks like that!!! The mom was probably freaking out about the timing....
She was! I felt bad for her, but luckily it all worked out for them to get to the bathroom. :)

I kind of like being in the back and soaking the ride in. It's not the most exciting seat but you get a good view of everything happening.
That's true! You get to watch it a bit more, and sometimes that's just what you need, versus the pressure of trying to make sure you don't run in to everything (that would be me--I run into everything)

This is one of my favorite breakfasts!!! That gravy... so good.
It was soooooo good! I was not expecting it to be so good. Woody's Lunchbox is the real MVP for sure!

I remember hearing a conversation but did not pay close attention. If I ride again I will listen closely.
Do! The conversations are hilarious. We were dying laughing.

Cute pictures and I love your shirts.
Thank you! :)

We love Woody's lunchbox. I'm sad the breakfast sandwich is gone too.
Right? I hope they bring it back and that it's just a temporary Covid casualty.

Never too many pictures of lightsabers in GE.
I'm glad you think so -- there will be a bunch more! :D

Some Not-Star Wars Rides, and Oga's Cantina!
Tuesday, May 25th, 2021 (part 3)

It was about 4:30 and we were heading back to Hollywood Studios, and we decided to walk again. We saw a bird hanging out on the path as we went -- it's basically a mini-safari. Also, just look at that scenery--gorgeous!
qyJWjqr.jpg
kpRcdFe.jpg

We were inside the park by 4:45 pm, and we ran into a cavalcade! Well, the back end of it, at least. Trevor followed it and got a video:
sMeLb8d.jpg

I however had bigger fish to fry -- Rockin Roller Coaster was posting 50 minutes, but we didn't have anything planned, so I was headed down there, and hoping that the wait time was inflated. The Disney wait times gods were messing with me though--this was the wait when I got there.
oVugvyX.jpg

After 5 minutes, we'd moved up to the corner, but that was it.
9llohWi.jpg

Trevor was back in Galaxy's Edge, so I bailed and we decided to hop in line for Slinky Dog Dash, since that was also posting a 50 minute wait and at least that one we'd be waiting in line together since we both wanted to ride it. When we got there, we were pretty pleased to see the line was at least fully inside the queue, and not spilling over!
er9W25F.jpg

We started playing pretty heavily with the Disney Play app -- the games are decent for passing the time, and some of them include photos. :)
2RrAXuH.png
3oQYrpw.png
EVrvrie.png
NMHcd1h.png

We also had to take a selfie of us with Slinky!
7uyIPAo.jpg

After 40 minutes, we were finally almost there! Slinky Dog selfie! I think we asked for the back row, cause there wasn't anyone waiting. That was nice. :)
uJd8ZU5.jpg
dUqI2vd.jpg

cJh0prC.jpg

We were off the ride at 5:45pm -- so 10 min or so less than the posted wait time. Not too bad, though man do I miss fastpass!

We went from Slinky to Toy Story Mania, cause it was posting 30 minutes. The ride must have gone down for a little bit 'cause I swear we were waiting outside 15 minutes before we even got in to the building and more importantly, the air conditioning. Still, the theming of the queue is super cute. Trevor loved this sign -- it's an ad for the Play Disney Parks app, and it's meant to look like sticker, and it's peeling up at the sides! Cute. :D
j22b8Cp.jpg

Potato Head was on, but not interacting, sadly.
0lpJC02.jpg

Trevor really liked the jail.
xYNC07b.jpg

We were on the ride at 6:21 -- a 25 min wait or so. I won, but even so, no best in car for us. DANG. One day, Midway Mania, one daaaaaaay.
8ktqc8r.jpg

After this, Rockin Roller Coaster really was posting a shorter wait (35 min, I think), so I decided to brave it again. And this time when I got there, the line was....slightly shorter than it was before. Trevor was having fun in Galaxy's Edge so I decided to stick it out.
GECUQ4f.jpg

Also, Trevor took this fun photo in Galaxy's Edge--I have no idea from what part of Galaxy's Edge but I thought it looked cool so I'm tossing it in. Something crashed!
D593CwQ.jpg

Anyways, back to Rockin Roller Coaster. I've never spent that much time in the courtyard there before, so I did enjoy 1. the shade and 2. looking around at all the details. The sewer covers are records! And I'd never noticed that giant guitar pick on the guitar before.
ktdQmfE.jpg
6xsV42T.jpg

Well, I was faked out by the wait times yet again -- It ended up being a solid 40 minute wait. Blergh. At least it was fun!
w9M4bf4.jpg

I was a bit disappointed when I got out, and saw this sight. The line had gotten short enough that it was almost entirely within the queue! When I'd waited, that whole courtyard was filled with the line, snaking back and forth and back and forth.
xOergd2.jpg

I thought about riding again, but it was 7:25 at this point, and we had a reservation at Oga's Cantina at 7:45 pm, so not quite enough time, especially since we were both hungry. Trevor had placed a mobile order at Docking Bay 7 so once I got off the ride, he pressed the "I'm here!" button and I booked it back there to meet him and, more importantly, eat! On my way, I saw more Florida wildlife. :D
WQ22sk1.jpg

I got back there in about 10 minutes (7:35 pm), and glorious ronto wraps awaited me! We also got a cup of Moof Juice (Fruit Punch, Orange with Pineapple, Chipotle-Pineapple) which was surprisingly good!
m6pmUqw.jpg

Those Ronto Wraps are delicious, honestly. A+, Disney. We did wolf them down a bit though, as we didn't want to lose or be too late for our Oga's reservation! When we checked in though, we asked for a seat, versus standing. They said it would be a little wait, and we said that was fine. And actually, there was a photopass photographer nearby so we went over there for pictures while we waited!
JJknvYM.jpg
gHsJ9VK.jpg

Trevor's too cool for Galaxy's Edge and his lightsaber. :)

yy86F3I.jpg

The Child!

We got the text that our table was ready at 7:50 -- so basically only 5 minutes to wait! Not too shabby. And we did indeed get our seat -- they've added a few tall chairs to the bar, and that's where we were seated. When we walked in, DJ Rex was playing the song from Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi. I definitely took a video: DJ Rex playing the song from Jabba's Palace

Once seated, we ordered our drinks. The coolest one by far was the Carbon Freeze (POWERADE Lemon Lime, Wild Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Apple Popping Pearls) with the dry ice. I had to take a video of Trevor drinking it, 'cause it was too funny. Trevor's Carbon Freeze
3B95Xwk.jpg
oqok3th.jpg

We also got the Cliff Dweller (in the porg above), the Blurrgfire (Lemonate, Pomegranate juice, and habanero-lime -- the red drink above), and the Hyperdrive (punch it!) (Mountain Berry Blast, White Cranberry juice, black cherry puree, and sprite -- the blue drink above). And of course, we got the Oga's obsession again -- Trevor really likes the pop rocks they have on it.
sREYLTX.jpg

Oga's really is a fun spot -- I just wish they had more/better food options. The Oga's Obsession is fun, but honestly, it's fancy jello. Fooooooooood please.
hdES5MU.jpg
VKWkwcD.jpg

We finished at Oga's and left at about 8:35pm. It was dark out, so I'm sure you can guess what's up next: Lightsaber photos!

Lightsaber Pictures -- and a Duel!
Tuesday, May 25th, 2021 (part 4)

After Oga's, it was full dark, and Trevor had brought his lightsaber, so it was time for lightsaber pictures! We'd brought all the kyber crystals, so we were also planning to take pictures with the red lightsaber, the purple saber, and the blue one -- we'd already taken a bunch with the green kyber crystal. :) We headed back over to the Millenium Falcon and had a grand old time.
gdBnuWc.jpg
JCFWvye.jpg

One ni
They leave the line soundtrack running, and so we got to hear a little more of the conversations between Gar and Malta and Hondo over the megaphone, that they have in the outside line for people waiting in line for the Falcon. Awesome. It was hilarious. :)

6FS8pll.jpg
NRfRtyX.jpg

We did discover that neither of us are what you would call great photographers...but Galaxy's Edge is so gorgeous at night that even I can get some great shots.
TwFozso.jpg
Vrxo1jM.jpg

Part of the difficulty of pictures with the lightsaber is that if you hold it up close to your face it casts the light very strongly on one side of your face and then the other is in shadow. It looks a bit odd! So I'm not including many of those.
VqjGxTG.jpg
6DkgOHU.jpg

6DNPbRS.jpg
bfNilsf.jpg
HzvroOa.jpg
0GuwZun.jpg
uH35Lkc.jpg
i2RKvKL.jpg
5bzJZNo.jpg

While we were playing around in this are by the TIE fighter, there were two other people also taking pictures who approached us and wanted to take some pictures together -- they were both using the red lightsabers, and with Trevor using the blue one, they thought a "fight" between them would look super neat. We didn't really plan it out, beyond the other lady suggesting Trevor stand where he stood and then she and the other guy would come out of the shadows. I thought it looked SUPER cool -- the video is here: Lightsaber Fight!

Some screenshots from the duel are here, for those of you who don't want to click through to youtube (I don't blame you) (but it's awesome and you really should).
KUyNKga.jpg
1BpK87P.jpg

gdd2obZ.jpg
RBvsWtd.jpg

idOtdns.jpg
5RW0e5l.jpg
BBbzSLb.jpg
KGHNJzi.jpg

I wish I'd written down the names or social media handles of the two people who did the video, but i didn't. Dang it. Still, it was awesome! I'm so glad they approached us. It was super neat.

Back to more photos. :D
vofyAGB.jpg
sddMhnb.jpg
SWw7wPK.jpg
CLukFHN.jpg
gmH4C1U.jpg
J337pB8.jpg
1al2uuX.jpg
PB2sNhB.jpg

Last edited:
Galaxy's Edge and Lightsaber pictures
Tuesday May 25th, 2021 (part 5)

Ok, this is the last bunch of pictures, I promise! We finished with the Millenium Falcon, and the Tie Fighter, and the cast members were slowly, but surely corraling us towards the exit by Grand Avenue. So we were taking a bunch of pictures with the theming and the lightsaber and just everything. So neat to see it all at night, and with no one around.

iIZgPvt.jpg
p5h3BUq.jpg

dG1QRZJ.jpg
LLGqfLt.jpg

This is one of my favorite shots. Galaxy's Edge is just gorgeous.
K2Zkaiq.jpg

And of course, we had to hack some things/open some crates while we were meandering out. Trevor even kept his lightsaber out. :D
BLmoMiu.jpg
SSmc2L6.jpg
QbNMfd4.jpg

I also really like this area by the marketplace, especially at night, when no one is around.
1tHmOp4.jpg
v7IZ1XM.jpg

lPB58vp.jpg

Oooh, this picture with the A wing is a good example of what I meant by the weird light the saber casts on the face. It washes the face out. But oh well.
OQRecPb.jpg

Trevor really wanted a grenade soda but it wasn't open. Trevor was....not pleased. :D
u1bUB4s.jpg

Even outside Galaxy's Edge, Trevor didn't want to put the lightsaber away. I don't blame him.
pjn5R5P.jpg

As we were walking down Grand Avenue, the music got to Trevor and he just started dancing with his lightsaber. Don't ask me why! But I got a video, cause pics or it didn't really happen, right? Trevor Dancing with the Lightsaber

We didn't see anyone else but cast members, so I was starting to think we'd stayed too late, so I was kind of (sort of) hurrying us out, but not too much, cause more pictures!
svKaYnz.jpg
7Vsbox9.jpg

One of the CMs challenged Trevor to a lightsaber duel. She won though, cause she was making us leave. :D To be fair, it was 9:45 and the park closed at 8 pm so it really was time to go.
89ck1En.jpg

enztDfn.jpg
LHMg6pk.jpg

We headed down to the dock to wait for the boat. We only had to wait 5 minutes or so, and we got to sit outside at the back of the boat. Best seat!
RKQScXL.jpg

By 10:10, we were at the hotel. We had such a lovely evening, taking pictures to our heart's content. And we ended the night with our new tradition: Gideon's!
DHQeEQG.jpg

This one was the Cookies and Cream cookie and it was DELICIOUS. We decided the cookies and cream cookie was our favorite. Delicious.

So yea, that was our day! Lots of similarities to Monday, but we had a great time continuing to explore Galaxy's Edge and riding the rides again. So good! But the next day we were not going to go to Hollywood Studios, so hopefully the trip report will be a bit less duplicative. We were planning to head to Animal Kingdom!

Fun with Metrics:
Steps walked: 20,964 steps (9.4 miles)
Ride count: 5 for Trevor, 6 for Tiffany (Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, Millennium Falcon Smuggler's Run, Rise of the Resistance, Slinky, Toy Story Midway Mania; Tiffany also rode Rockin Roller Coaster)

The Disney wait times gods were messing with me though--this was the wait when I got there.

Oh noooo!

When we got there, we were pretty pleased to see the line was at least fully inside the queue, and not spilling over!

So much better out of the sun.

We started playing pretty heavily with the Disney Play app -- the games are decent for passing the time, and some of them include photos

Very cool!

Trevor loved this sign -- it's an ad for the Play Disney Parks app, and it's meant to look like sticker, and it's peeling up at the sides! Cute. :D

I love the Disney details.

I've never spent that much time in the courtyard there before, so I did enjoy 1. the shade and 2. looking around at all the details. The sewer covers are records! And I'd never noticed that giant guitar pick on the guitar before.

I've never noticed this either.

Those Ronto Wraps are delicious, honestly. A+, Disney.

I do like these too.

The Child!

Love this photo op.

We'd brought all the kyber crystals, so we were also planning to take pictures with the red lightsaber, the purple saber, and the blue one -- we'd already taken a bunch with the green kyber crystal.

Great plan. DH has the green one and DD has the Red one.

While we were playing around in this are by the TIE fighter, there were two other people also taking pictures who approached us and wanted to take some pictures together -- they were both using the red lightsabers, and with Trevor using the blue one, they thought a "fight" between them would look super neat. We didn't really plan it out, beyond the other lady suggesting Trevor stand where he stood and then she and the other guy would come out of the shadows. I thought it looked SUPER cool -- the video is here: Lightsaber Fight!

Fun idea.

So neat to see it all at night, and with no one around.

I was just thinking "the park sure looks empty".

One of the CMs challenged Trevor to a lightsaber duel. She won though, cause she was making us leave. :D To be fair, it was 9:45 and the park closed at 8 pm so it really was time to go.

Great CM ineraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter