Continue to be shocked by the rude bully we encountered :(

"I just assume that everyone I meet is packing a gun (even the 99.99% of you who are wonderful people and have been nothing but kind and hospitable to me and my family on our many visits to the US), and my Canadian politeness gets dialed up to an 11, for fear of having someone feel that I have done or said something to disrespect them."

I don't blame you. This kid was not happy with Mickey and see what happened!!!

http://cdn.list25.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/203.jpg

I am legitimately horrified at the fact that people are so chill about advocating assault and physical violence (or worse) because another person is standing in their way. Do you really, honestly handle confrontation that way in your real lives or is this just a 'hiding behind the internet big talking' sort of thing? Because if it's the way anyone actually solves their problems just...jesus that's an awful way to live your life.

Please no more threats of physical violence , I'm getting close to locking it.

Why is it important to define bullying/a bully accurately? Because when you use it for unpleasant interactions that do not rise to the level of bullying, then you strip the word of its meaning, power and importance.

If a "bully" is just some random rude woman you happen to find personally intimidating, then why should any of us take bullying seriously at all? "Heck, just get right back into that bully's face! Stand up for yourself! Stop whining and expecting other people to fight your battles. Bullying's no big deal. I deal with bullies every day!"

How do you know she is not a bully? That 'random rude woman' might have a tendency to intimidate others on a regular basis. Obviously she is good at it because OP felt threatened and intimidated. OP referred to the perpetrator as a bully because that is how she felt at the time. I don't have a problem with her assessment.

I don't think it is stripping the word of it's meaning at all. My opinion.

How do you know she is not a bully? That 'random rude woman' might have a tendency to intimidate others on a regular basis. Obviously she is good at it because OP felt threatened and intimidated. OP referred to the perpetrator as a bully because that is how she felt at the time. I don't have a problem with her assessment.

I don't think it is stripping the word of it's meaning at all. My opinion.

How do I know she is? How do I know any of us aren't bullies? You, me, the OP...

I'm not discounting the OPs feelings. I'm simply asking for care, when it comes to throwing around a loaded word like "bully". Same as I'd ask for care with words like "narcissist" and "psychopath" and "sociopath". I sometimes joke that I'm "getting a tad OCD" when I get excessively careful about a task, but I'd never claim to actually have obsessive compulsive disorder, because I know it's a serious, and real, thing.

On the other hand, I am definitely very pedantic. :hippie:

I have went through this thread and deleted some posts outright and others for quoting deleted posts. Please now everyone calm down. And for using the word gleeking some one is spiting on some one. I will give you a chance to edit your posts or I will remove and give you a warning and infraction points.All Moderators are up on urban dictionary.If you have quoted this post edit it out or your thread or it will be deleted. I have spent a half hour on this thread I will close it rather and spend my time going through it again. Please report threads rather than quote them because I will have to close your post also

I have went through this thread and deleted some posts outright and others for quoting deleted posts. Please now everyone calm down. And for using the word gleeking some one is spiting on some one. I will give you a chance to edit your posts or I will remove and give you a warning and infraction points.All Moderators are up on urban dictionary.If you have quoted this post edit it out or your thread or it will be deleted. I have spent a half hour on this thread I will close it rather and spend my time going through it again. Please report threads rather than quote them because I will have to close your post also
I kind of like tying shoelaces together I have to admit LOL ;)

Last edited:
What if you have un-diagnosed tuberculosis do you think coughing sneezing breathing or blowing your breath right in their face.With the chance of those folks contracting TB is the right thing to do.If you ask them to move because, they are obstructing your view or line cutting , be the bigger person and move a to new spot. Report that behavior to CM and nothing ls done ask for manager. Insulting and aggressive behavior is not going to help. Don't let one or two rude families ruin your family day or evening at the parks.I've been to WDW over 50 times and things happened on each trip. remember what comes around goes around.

That's when those bubble blower guns come in handy. Just aim and fire repetitively until they were soaked:rotfl:
I love it! I'll put my 3 year old to work next time someone tries to invade the space we staked out far in advance of a parade or show

Ooh ooh...never underestimate the power of biological warfare. One (or more) carefully crafted, timed, and executed fart would surely make certain nobody would get in your space.

Ooh ooh...never underestimate the power of biological warfare. One (or more) carefully crafted, timed, and executed fart would surely make certain nobody would get in your space.
But such is banned by the Geneva Convention on Theme Parks, 1965.

I love the parades and the fireworks shows.... but I hate the rude adults. I wish the Disney magic made everyone caring and kind, but not the case. Sorry you encountered such a bully!

Wow...she got in your face? That is one time I would have had to look at my daughter and remind myself it's not just me and took a moment to do do a quick keep calm prayer.

The entitlement of some people always surprises me. I am can not imagine ever thinking it is ok to stand in front of an entire group of people, that were there before me, just so I could see. I think some people are so in the mind set that it is "their vacation" that they don't think about all the other people who are trying to enjoy their own vacation. I think the best thing to take from this story is for us all to be a little more aware of the people around us so that we don't do the same to others

edit: decided not to share my specific experience.

As a former CM years ago, this was not even the worst experience I've seen from rude people, but it sounds bad. It is no exaggeration, though, to say that some people are true bullies at theme parks. You get to deal with people who are truly abusive towards other guests and CMs, and sadly some of those memories stick around for a long time.

Last edited:
In 2014, I watched 2 grown men get into a fist fight over whose stroller got to be where during the MNSSHP parade. It was so embarrassing and juvenile. I really couldn't believe what I was seeing. But, que sera, sera...Disney handled it well and when it was over, it was over. Just a shame to bring that kind of behavior into the Magic Kingdom though.

I feel like this whole thing is an issue Disney really needs to put some more thought into. We were there a little over a week ago and people had staked out spots at least 2 hours before anything was scheduled to start. I don't have an issue with that and I believe in first come-first serve. If those people were willing to spend that amount of time sitting instead of riding rides and otherwise enjoy the park, they certainly earned those spots. When we started looking for spots an hour ahead of time, we thought we were so lucky that everyone in the hub was seated and even though we weren't as close to the front as we might have liked, we were all going to be able to watch the parade and fireworks and be able to see ... even my parents, who in their late 60s-early 70s were incredibly uncomfortable sitting on the ground, sat because everyone else was and they thought it would be rude to continue to standing. And before long, we were stuck in that spot for a good long while anyway because it would have been impossible to move anywhere without accidentally stepping on or tripping over someone. However, as soon as the parade started, everyone stood, which would have been ok, we were only about 5 or 6 rows back, and the floats and things should have been large enough to still be at least partially seen, except that people in front of us began hoisting their children onto their shoulders and holding up cameras and phones so that all we could see was a wall of arms and phones. I think we actually ended up watching most of the parade through other people's phones.

Jerk.

There are plenty of them at the parks, especially where you have a crowd watching something. Bullying? I think I consider that a more ongoing situation than just encountering a jerk at a theme park.

From what I have seen at WDW, in a crowd situation it is typical that everyone stands for parades. Even if they start out sitting, they get up once the parade is obviously approaching. Only time I've seen sitting take place is in an uncrowded area like the Fastpass enclosure, or at certain events where they set aside places for children so long as the children sit on the ground.

the photography issue though...I went to the Eat to the Beat last night to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and the person in front of me took what seemed to be several hundred still pictures with one of those extra big Iphones held up above head level. They are playing different songs, but nine guys playing instruments look pretty much the same from photo to photo no matter what song they are playing.

I feel like this whole thing is an issue Disney really needs to put some more thought into. We were there a little over a week ago and people had staked out spots at least 2 hours before anything was scheduled to start. I don't have an issue with that and I believe in first come-first serve. If those people were willing to spend that amount of time sitting instead of riding rides and otherwise enjoy the park, they certainly earned those spots. When we started looking for spots an hour ahead of time, we thought we were so lucky that everyone in the hub was seated and even though we weren't as close to the front as we might have liked, we were all going to be able to watch the parade and fireworks and be able to see ... even my parents, who in their late 60s-early 70s were incredibly uncomfortable sitting on the ground, sat because everyone else was and they thought it would be rude to continue to standing. And before long, we were stuck in that spot for a good long while anyway because it would have been impossible to move anywhere without accidentally stepping on or tripping over someone. However, as soon as the parade started, everyone stood, which would have been ok, we were only about 5 or 6 rows back, and the floats and things should have been large enough to still be at least partially seen, except that people in front of us began hoisting their children onto their shoulders and holding up cameras and phones so that all we could see was a wall of arms and phones. I think we actually ended up watching most of the parade through other people's phones.
The cameras and smart phones really drive me crazy too, but what can be done about it? That's just the age we live in and we have to accept it. I've even had people behind me stick their phone out in from of me to get a shot. Ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter