Continue to be shocked by the rude bully we encountered :(

I'm sure i may be mentioned on the boards somewhere for being a bully. My family and I were in the FP+Wishes viewing area in the very back to be away from the crowd. My wife and i were standing and leaning on the back rail and my boys were sitting in the "grass". No one was around us as everyone was crowded at the front. We had a great clear view of wishes until these 3 girls (18-20yrs old) stepped right in front of my wife and I and started taking rapid fire flash photos with a huge camera. The camera was facing away from us but it was still bright and the photographer was no more than 2 feet in front of me. I stepped in front of her and held my hand in front of the camera lens (never touch it or them) and told her how rude and inconsiderate that was to step in front of us while we are enjoying the fireworks. I told her to find another spot to take pictures from. Usually i embarrass my wife when i do things like that but she said it was completely justified.

We were at a Christmas party. We were standing in a spot in the midst of the crowd. Then many people began to sit down around us, but I am a big, old woman and I simply cannot sit on the ground. It is physically impossible for me to do so. So, I remained standing. People around starting chanting "SIT DOWN" to us and a few other old people that were similarly stuck but also couldn't sit down. Most people around me responded by sitting down. One poor little old lady stood nearby me leaning on her cane and crying. Her daughter tried to make her sit down, but I told her to leave her alone and let her stand. the crowd was trying to collectively shame us into doing something that, if possible for some, would be at best painful and at worst dangerous. If I could have gotten out of there I would have happily left, but it was dark and crowded and I am not agile enough to safely navigate through all those seated people. It was one of the saddest experiences that I have ever had in WDW. I didn't know what else to do but wait it out - it was actually very scary. I never go to watch these events anymore because I would never risk getting stuck in a similar situation. I watch the high fireworks from our hotel across the way.

You do not have the right to tell other people what they have to do because you want them to do it. You can ask, but they have the right to refuse. It may seem rude to you, but you don't know why they are standing there. Perhaps if you did, you would understand and feel a bit badly about your own attitude. I am surprised by many suggestions of equally reprehensible behaviour in retaliation. Does reacting in a rude way to another person help the situation? Who is the winner there?
It isn't worth the cost.

I agree that Disney needs to make rules regarding sitting and standing and make people aware of them at the outset. Then CM's, not the crowd, should enforce the rules.

Last edited:
I am trying to wrap my head around where this sitting and standing is taking place. On the sidewalk? Kinda dangerous.

I am trying to wrap my head around where this sitting and standing is taking place. On the sidewalk? Kinda dangerous.

Not really. Disney ropes off the main viewing areas. And they have CMs who keep the walkways open.

When I was last at Disneyland for fantasmic they had areas that were sitting areas only. Then in the back of those areas had standing areas. The front of the standing area being for wheelchairs.

this would be the best solution if WDW implemented it. However until that is done I agree that people have the right to stand even if they are the only one in the middle of seated guests.

I wish they would do that with the Dream Along with Mickey show. It never fails that we wait with the wheelchair, and then can't see because everyone stands up.

i am just wondering when do we finally admit that we have exhausted every possible argument regarding this subject. People are now posting just to see their own posts on this subject matter Its time to close this out and move on to something else!!

Yeah, I'm going to request that the mods close every thread I don't like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter