Coral Reef Restaurant - Diver/menu - Discontinued for 2009

No more menus either? But can't you get those at many other WDW restaurants? I wonder if they'll all be discontinuing.

No more menus either? But can't you get those at many other WDW restaurants? I wonder if they'll all be discontinuing.

The menus at Coral Reef included actual photos, etc of people.

The other menus put a cute little "Happy Birthday ____" with balloons in the corner. I've never seen another one as elaborate as the ones at Coral Reef have been for the past two years.

I understand that the diver's are discontinued but are you now saying the menu's are as well? Not so much to celebrate for a year of celebrations is it?

Which restaurants also do the personalized menus?
We are going to the Coral Reef on 12/12 and have the pesonalized menu as a 10th anniversary surprize for my DH and the kids.
Next year we are going for DD's 7th birthday and would love to try and get her a personalized menu as well, all I know was the Coral Reef :goodvibes

I understand that the diver's are discontinued but are you now saying the menu's are as well? Not so much to celebrate for a year of celebrations is it?

I would guess that they'll do menus like the other restaurants to. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary.

I got mine from Narcoossee's and it was a total surprise! It was really sweet and cute. All we did to get ours was note my birthday on our reservation.

The menus at Coral Reef included actual photos, etc of people.

The other menus put a cute little "Happy Birthday ____" with balloons in the corner. I've never seen another one as elaborate as the ones at Coral Reef have been for the past two years.

Which restaurants also do the personalized menus?
We are going to the Coral Reef on 12/12 and have the pesonalized menu as a 10th anniversary surprize for my DH and the kids.
Next year we are going for DD's 7th birthday and would love to try and get her a personalized menu as well, all I know was the Coral Reef :goodvibes

I've seen the personalized 'picture' menus at Cali grill before.

I canceled my reservation at Coral Reef dinner and made one for Chef Mickey breakfast- I was disappointed with them not doing the diver anymore. Plus it will save us a good bit of $$$ too. I made a note on the reservations I made for Chef Mickey's breakfast that it was my husband's birthday. Hopefully they'll do something fun but I know it's not a definite. I'll just be happy if they sing to him!

I canceled my reservation at Coral Reef dinner and made one for Chef Mickey breakfast- I was disappointed with them not doing the diver anymore. Plus it will save us a good bit of $$$ too. I made a note on the reservations I made for Chef Mickey's breakfast that it was my husband's birthday. Hopefully they'll do something fun but I know it's not a definite. I'll just be happy if they sing to him!

I hope that they do something for him! :goodvibes In my dd's 4 years of life, we've always celebrated her b'day at WDW in various places. I've always had this noted on the ADR. Typically they would give her a cupcake with a candle in it and some mickey sprinkles, at Crystal Palace they would also put some Mickey confetti on the table and and Chef Mickey's they would give her a "pre-signed" placemat with the character names on it (it was made to look like they had signed it). I'm not sure what they do now, but they have never sang for her. :(

That's so disappointing to hear. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to celebrate our 20th Anniversary this past June w/ the menus and diver. Maybe they will bring it back for a fee.

I had a diver and menu scheduled for dd's birthday. Well, due to a 5 hour airline delay due to a computer problem we didn't even get to Orlando until 3 hours past my ADR time. I was literally in tears in the airport knowing that my special surprise was not going to happen and that the lovely folks at the Coral Reef would think they had done all this hard work and we didn't even bother to show up! My husband begged and pleaded with Disney Dining to connect him directly to the CR and after much discussion they did patch him through. He explained the situation to a mgr that we would not be able to make the ADR and how sorry we were that they had gone to all that trouble. Much to our surprise the mgr offered to sqeeze us in on another day! So, we did have a wonderful b-day dinner for dd with the menu and diver. I cried when the diver pulled out the sign. I think it was mixture of relief that it actually happened and gratitude for the staff who made it happen. Well, we asked our server to give us the name of this mgr's boss and he gave me Debbi's name and said that she is leaving the CR as of January 4th. Maybe this is why they have decided to stop doing the divers.

What a shame that Debbi has left CR. She took care of our anniversary surprise in June and did a wonderful job. Debbi will truly be missed!

I am saddened to hear that debbi is no longer at CR...we were there in early Dec and she had set up the diver and menus for our 6th anniversary...we were just talking about her tonight at dinner as out photobook from Disney came today...when we were there in Dec Debbi came out the the podium and personally walked us to our table by the tank...I thanked her for the special memories she had given us (we also were lucky enough to have a diver in Dec 07 also) and so many others...she stood and chatted with us about a trip she had just taken back home...she really is a super lady and she made 'magic' happen for a lot of people:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter