Coral Reef Restaurant - Diver/menu - Discontinued for 2009

I just heard back from Debbie too! I made a reservation for 12/18 @ 1:30 pm and she emailed me back

I just heard back from Debbi too and she requested a diver for us on the 18th as well. Our ADR is for 1:05. We have a party of 8, we'll be looking for the sign addressed to "Molly". Hope to see you there.

Also, in her email she only mentioned the diver and nothing regarding a personalized menu. Should I email her back and ask for one?

JB

We'll be there on the 18th too, those divers are going to be busy! :rotfl: Debbi was able to get my a diver for 4:40 as a birthday surprise for DD who is turning 9. She was very helpful and encouraged me to send in the pix for the personalized menu too.

I'm so excited!!! I just emailed Debbi less than two hours ago about requesting a diver for my friends little girl's 6th birthday for next Wednesday (which I figured was a long shot since it was so close) and she just emailed back saying that she requested a diver!!!! :banana:

congrats to all of you who are getting the diver...my husband surprised me with one last year for my birthday and it was awesome!

I just heard back from Debbi too and she requested a diver for us on the 18th as well. Our ADR is for 1:05. We have a party of 8, we'll be looking for the sign addressed to "Molly". Hope to see you there.

Also, in her email she only mentioned the diver and nothing regarding a personalized menu. Should I email her back and ask for one?

JB

Yes - I'd request a personalized menu. I'll be on the lookout for your sign - hope you get a table by the window. We are hoping to but of course it can't be promised. Debbi was awesome - she took the liberty of suggesting a much better message on the diver's sign. Ours will say "Merry Christmas Mason, Erika & Donny! The most wonderful gift in the world is FAMILY. I love you very much, Grandma". Wasn't that so sweet of her? (I had only suggested Merry Christmas). Erika is DD28, Mason is my grandson & Donny her fiance. It will be Mason & Donny's first visit and I can't hardly wait to see the sign and menu.

We'll be there on the 18th too, those divers are going to be busy! :rotfl: Debbi was able to get my a diver for 4:40 as a birthday surprise for DD who is turning 9. She was very helpful and encouraged me to send in the pix for the personalized menu too.

Wow all three of us there on the same day!! How exciting your daughter will have a birthday surprise. Our original ressie was for 12/19 @ 9 pm but the diver wouldn't have been able to do it that late so I was lucky in getting it changed to the 18th. This is bittersweet in that on 12/18/1994, my husband died of a sudden heart attack when we were visiting Florida and never made it to WDW. He was really hoping to eat at Coral Reef and couldn't wait to see the aquariums there. So I'm ecstatic that she took so much effort offering tips for the menu and sign - what a sweetie she is :love:

Hope you both have a great time on your visit!

I heard from Debbie, too!

I will be there Dec 20th for lunch. I actually just requested a menu, but she offered me a diver as well! She is great!

We will have a diver for our 6:00 12/19 meal :) I need to send some pics for the menu. How many pics did you send?

i didnt know how many to send either, i sent her 7, saying not sure how many they need, use whichever ones they want, they put them all on it!

For those who requested personal menus, but it wasn't a special occasion, what kind of message did you put on it? I think it would be neat to have them, but it's not going to be anybody's birthday or anniversary or anything.

For those who requested personal menus, but it wasn't a special occasion, what kind of message did you put on it? I think it would be neat to have them, but it's not going to be anybody's birthday or anniversary or anything.

We will have our 5th wedding anniversary in WDW, but I don't really need a personalized menu for us.

I asked Debbie if it's okay I just want a menu personalized for my son, maybe saying happy new year or sth like that. She that there should be no problem.

No, sorry... She didn't say any more. But unless you find out yourself by then, just PM me mid Dec and I'm sure I'll know more then :)

Any idea what they have up their sleeves? It will be my husband's birthday while we are there in January and it doesn't leave much planning time for me if they don't come out with stuff soon.

Anyone heard anything yet for 2009?:confused3

I emailed again today to set up something for our trip in January. (Last tiem she told me to check back in December- it's December 1st!) It's my husband's birthday and I really would love to surprise him! I really hope this isn't discontinued!

Anyone heard anything yet for 2009?:confused3

I emailed again today to set up something for our trip in January. (Last tiem she told me to check back in December- it's December 1st!) It's my husband's birthday and I really would love to surprise him! I really hope this isn't discontinued!

I just emailed Debbi too! We aren't anxious are we?? :lmao: She did say to check back in December. We are going at the end of January, so I'd like to set this up soon. I'll let you know if I hear back from her! :goodvibes

I just emailed Debbi and unfortunately I got the reply that in 2009 there will be no diver or personalized menus. If this should change Debbi will email me. I am pretty sad...I picked this restaurant for my mother's 70th birthday. She is treating us (18 of us) to this trip, I thought it would be a great thing to have the diver. :sad2:

I can't believe it's been discontinued! The whole reason I picked it for my dh's birthday was to have the special diver and menu. I'm bummed! :sad2:

I received the same response from Debbie. They aren't continuing this for 2009. What a bummer. I'm thinking of changing my reservation to a different restaurant. This was going to be our last night and I thought it would be a great way to end our vacation for our kids. Oh well. :sad1:

I sent an email and called yesterday, but no comment back. I too am sad about this ending. I planned this dinner also for my DS 16th birthday. You would think they would keep it with the theme this year. I too am wondering if I should try for somewhere else on his birthday now!

I'm disappointed. We had the diver booked last year and due to a goof on the restaurant's part, the diver never came out. So we were really hoping to get it this time, for our anniversary & dd's first birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter