Coral Reef Restaurant - Diver/menu - Discontinued for 2009

I just called the WDW Dine number and after being on hold for 12 min, being disconnected and then trying again (this time it took 10 minutes for an answer), I was told that the program had been discontinued. We are going in January. Has anyone else had this response for '09?

I left a message in Oct. she return my call and I return her call. I emailed her like she asked and her reponse was to contact her in Dec. for Jan. request.
We wanted Jan.3rd.

If this is true I would be very sad! My trip is in February. When I called Debbi told me that they were not taking 2009 requests until December. I hope the CM you spoke to was misinformed. Did you try calling the Coral Reef directly?

I had called Coral Reef direclty and left a message. I am waiting till Dec. 1st to call her back. I need a cake for our ressie also.

If this is true I would be very sad! My trip is in February. When I called Debbi told me that they were not taking 2009 requests until December. I hope the CM you spoke to was misinformed. Did you try calling the Coral Reef directly?

I talked to Debbi a couple of months ago about setting something up for January '09. She told me that at that time they have no plans to continue the diver & menus, but that could possibly change and to check back in December just in case. I am pretty sure this is what most other people were told as well -- not that they would be taking reservations for it in december but if they decide to to something else ( or continue it -- which seemed very doubtful) to call back then. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high about getting it (especially the diver) when you call in December.

I just sent Debbi and email about the menu and possible diver for our reservation at 4 PM on 12/20. I can't wait to hear back! This is my DS's first disney trip!

Just a heads up on the process that worked for me to secure a diver for 11/15 and the process I think you are supposed to follow according to what I was told on the phone and what I have read (someone correct me if I am wrong). . .

I called the Coral Reef restaurant and asked about the diver. I was told to e-mail their restaurant e-mail address wdw.epcot.coral.reef.restaurant@disney.com
and list in my subject line my name and the date and time of my ADR.

In the body of the e-mail, I restated my date and time and listed my ADR number as well. I was also told to write in my e-mail what I wanted on the sign.

I did so on a Wednesday evening and received an e-mail back from Debbi on Friday (so two days later) letting me know they were able to secure a diver for me.

To my knowledge, you are not supposed to contact Debbi directly via phone or e-mail until you have a diver reserved. The above process is what you are supposed to use to reserve the diver. I also have read that Debbi does not want her direct e-mail or phone number posted on message boards. If this is no longer the process or if Debbi no longer feels that way, someone please post accordingly - I do not want to misinform anyone.

Hope this helps anyone trying to secure a diver! Good luck for to those working on 2009! I can't wait to see my family's faces on Saturday!

I've never been to the Coral Reef restaurant and looking forward to it. I do like the idea of being near a under water view :) ...

Hello... Sorry to butt in but I am curious what a personalized menu approximately costs?

At Coral Reef both the personalized menu and diver holding a sign for you are free, but unfortunately unless you are going before Dec. 31, 2008 you will most likely not get to enjoy these perks as they seem to be discontinuing them this year. :(

I talked to Debbi a couple of months ago about setting something up for January '09. She told me that at that time they have no plans to continue the diver & menus, but that could possibly change and to check back in December just in case. I am pretty sure this is what most other people were told as well -- not that they would be taking reservations for it in december but if they decide to to something else ( or continue it -- which seemed very doubtful) to call back then. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high about getting it (especially the diver) when you call in December.

That is what she told me, too. Fingers crossed that they continue it!

At Coral Reef both the personalized menu and diver holding a sign for you are free, but unfortunately unless you are going before Dec. 31, 2008 you will most likely not get to enjoy these perks as they seem to be discontinuing them this year. :(

Hmm... I will keep my fingers crossed then!!!!!

we got our menu and diver today, it was great (once DH realised it was for him! had to tell him!) wasnt sure if we'd get the diver too as debbi never got back to me about that but we got both!
did divequest this afternoon too so did a lot of waving to people in the restaurant!

I emailed about getting a menu and diver in January and received an email back saying...

"Please note of the email address and check back with us in December. We
are not taking any requests at this time for 2009.

Thank you and have a great day!

Debbi "

She didn't mention anything about it being discontinued so I'm still hopeful!

I emailed about getting a menu and diver in January and received an email back saying...

"Please note of the email address and check back with us in December. We
are not taking any requests at this time for 2009.

Thank you and have a great day!

Debbi "

She didn't mention anything about it being discontinued so I'm still hopeful!

I'm guessing that means they haven't made a final descision on it yet... because in the past you were able to book the diver as soon as we had ADR's 180 days out

we got our menu and diver today, it was great (once DH realised it was for him! had to tell him!) wasnt sure if we'd get the diver too as debbi never got back to me about that but we got both!
did divequest this afternoon too so did a lot of waving to people in the restaurant!

how fun...glad you got your diver

No I've had emails from Debbi and they haven't made any desicions yet... They are coming up with new and exciting ideas for 2009, I just hope they keep diver+personalised menues!

I'm guessing that means they haven't made a final descision on it yet... because in the past you were able to book the diver as soon as we had ADR's 180 days out

No I've had emails from Debbi and they haven't made any desicions yet... They are coming up with new and exciting ideas for 2009, I just hope they keep diver+personalised menues!

She sent me a similar email. Asking me to check back in december for our jan trip. she responded to me within 24 hours !

Any idea what they have up their sleeves? It will be my husband's birthday while we are there in January and it doesn't leave much planning time for me if they don't come out with stuff soon.

Any idea what they have up their sleeves? It will be my husband's birthday while we are there in January and it doesn't leave much planning time for me if they don't come out with stuff soon.

My understanding is that the Diver and Menus were to be part of Year of a Million Dreams, which morphed into Two Years of Millions of Dreams.

Anyway, with the new theme next year "What will You Celebrate" it's possible that they'll discontinue this perk. If they do keep it, perhaps they'll charge for it - this can't be a cheap thing for Disney to execute and I bet it's even more popular than they imagined it would be.

It'd be a shame, but it was a VERY cool thing while it lasted.

I just heard back from Debbi (I emailed her this past Wednesday) and she set up the diver/menu for me for December 20th:banana: :banana:

I am so excited and will have a very hard time keeping this from dh/ds!!

I just heard back from Debbie too! I originally had a 9 pm reservation for 12/19 but they weren't able to include the diver since it was too late so I made a reservation for 12/18 @ 1:30 pm and she emailed me back - I was so excited I forgot to cancel the 12/19 ressie so I just called Reservations and cancelled it. Then I had to email Debbie back to make sure I gave the correct date & confirmation #!!

I can hardly wait for our lunch now - it will be my GS's first visit just after his first birthday right before Christmas! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter