Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another room request question - we will have a rental car and don't plan on spending much time at the resort for food or the Dig Site (although we may go once or twice). Is there a particular section that is more convenient to the parking lots (but not too noisy)? I couldn't really tell from the various maps. I'm really torn with what to request and I'm fearful of leaving it up to chance....

Parking surrounds the entire resort so you are never far from parking. We have never had a noisy area and we've been in Casitas 2, 3, 4, 5 and Cabanas 9A. Our personal favs are Casitas 4 and 5.

We are arriving at CSR on the 30th. I want to do a fax requesting a room in a specific area, but with thanksgiving and all, I'm not sure when to do it. I know its usually 4 days but what would you guys because of the holiday? Does it even matter since they do not close for the holidays? Thanks in advance!

I would send it Friday a.m. Have a great time.

3 Days until our first stay at CSR :woohoo:. I am so excited, can ya tell. :santa:

Have a magical trip. :)

We are leaving tomorrow and wil be checking into CSR WED about lunch time!!!! I am finally letting myself get excited!!!

Have a wonderful trip. :thumbsup2

thanks Kat! Everyone is finally healthy!!! (thank goodness) We have had flu and upper respiratory infection over the past 2 weeks, but everyone is off meds and feeling good!!!

OK...I am not good at long reports, but I will give an overview and would be happy to answer any questions. This was our 2nd stay at CSR.

We ended up with a water view (lake side) in Casitas 3 building. We thought it was a nice location. The newly renovated rooms are very nice, beds are comfy and the sliding doors outside of the dressing area are really nice too.

We drove this time - the first time in 6 stays! - and parking was right behind the building. The parking lot was less than half full all week (13th - 22nd) and there was only one 3-day boating convention all week. It felt as though we had the place to ourselves. Bus lines were almost non-existant. I stood on two buses the entire 10 days. It was not crowded at all until Friday night. Friday and Saturday crowds were unbelieveable, and I would never go on a holiday week. I was too happy to leave on Sunday after being in the mobs on Friday night and Saturday. ugh.

The meal plan was fine. Our best meals were at LeCellier (Epcot) and at Cape May (seafood buffet at the Beach Club). DH and I left the kids with nana & an aunt one night and ate at Narcoosee's. It had a beautiful view (Castle, lake, Contemporary, etc), but the dinner was just so-so and the desserts weren't good either. The calamari was about the best we have ever had - so try that if you go. We eat at really nice places all of the time at home and are used to qood quality when we dine out. I was surprised that a one table service credit at Le Cellier had a much more tender and flavorful filet than Narcoosee's. For a quiet place without kids, I would go to Victoria & Albert's. You rarely see kids in there - but they were all around us at Narcoosee's. That is not what I consider a Night Out! :rotfl:

We did spend time looking around the other resorts to see about trying a new place for the next trip (March 2011). We toured rooms at the Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Contemporary and the Poly. I was surprised that the rooms were all about the same size - though they had double vanities at all of them and that is always nice. I loved the Grand Floridian's choices of restaurants & shopping, but the standard rooms were small compared to the money spent to sleep there.

We decided to try the Contemporary next time (March 2011) - in the time share area (Bay Lake or something like that) so we can have an 800 sq foot apartment to spread out in. No, we did not buy into the vacation club, but you can rent them if they are available. :)

The cons this time.....I thought that the walkways, buses, bathrooms, etc. around ALL of the parks and hotels were dirty. I have always been AMAZED with how clean disney keeps their property and have told people that whether you stay at POP or the POLY, you still get incredibly clean rooms and a nice bus service. I guess with the economy, they have cut down on staff and maintenance. It shows. Our hotel room was SPOTLESS, but the parks and the bathrooms were dirty this time. Yuck. Even my DH, mother AND Aunt noticed. It was not just me. I'll be curious to hear what others think. It also was a very non-crowded week. I can't imagine what it looked like after the crowds we saw over the weekend. :confused3

I guess that is about it. I think that if you are going to CSR, you will have a really great vacation. It is a beautiful place and you will not feel like you are at Disney. It is peaceful and is a great place to relax and enjoy your time off. We highly recommend it.
:love:

I guess that is about it. I think that if you are going to CSR, you will have a really great vacation. It is a beautiful place and you will not feel like you are at Disney. It is peaceful and is a great place to relax and enjoy your time off. We highly recommend it. :love:

Thanks for the great review and glad you hahd low crowds most of your trip and that you enjoyed your second stay at the CSR. :)

That's funny that you mention the walkways, bathrooms, etc., being dirty. Someone had told me that just before we went on our trip in September (she had been in August) how dirty the parks were and so unlike Disney. When we got there and during our entire stay we saw a little of this, but not as bad as she had said it was.But you are right...staff has been cut back and things are not what they used to be.

Thanks again for posting your review.

Thanks for the feedback about parking and your favs! Sounds like we really can't go wrong, where distance from food/pool isn't an issue.

Hi everyone! We leave on Wednesday for our first stay at CSR! I'm excited!

Question though, the past few WDW stays have been at deluxe resorts where we get a closet and I usually store our luggage away in there after I unpack. I wanna say I don't remember a closet at either POR or POFQ. Is CSR the same?

We did spend time looking around the other resorts to see about trying a new place for the next trip (March 2011). We toured rooms at the Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Contemporary and the Poly. I was surprised that the rooms were all about the same size - though they had double vanities at all of them and that is always nice. I loved the Grand Floridian's choices of restaurants & shopping, but the standard rooms were small compared to the money spent to sleep there.

I had no idea you could tour rooms at the other resorts. I would love to do this. How do you do it?? Just walk up and ask???

Ms. Kathy~

Are these pictures of standard rooms and bathrooms? I'm trying to get a better idea of what we should expect with the four of us staying in the room?
Thank you.

Camille

Rooms: 1,921 rooms available; there are junior suites and executive suites available

Room Breakdown:

All rooms are now non-smoking
Approximately 160 king bed rooms
99 disabled accessible rooms
30 junior suites (1 accessible for the disabled)
10 VIP suites
6 Executive Suites

All rooms come with the following: either two queen beds or one king-size bed, flat screen television, high-speed
internet access, telephone with separate data port, work desk and chair, two ottomans, vanity area with wood
sliding door, refrigerator, coffee maker, in-room safe, ceiling fan, hair dryer, iron and ironing board

refrig.jpg

coffeemaker.jpg

The CSR has Central Air (not wall units). To adjust the temperature, follow these instructions: On the
thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time.
If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the
sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether
you are in it or not. You might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode
after 24 hours.

thermostat.jpg

CSR just completed a one-year rehab last month. Two queen beds have been put into most rooms, with 100 rooms to get new king beds. There are new furnishings: beds, dresser, sliding doors between bath area/bedroom, flat screen televisions, new carpet, new drapers, new paint/wallpaper.

A few pictures of the new rooms:

NewroomatCoronado-1.jpg

2QueenBeds.jpg

viewofroomfrombathroomarea.jpg

S7300308-1-1.jpg

S7300287-1.jpg

S7300291-1-1.jpg

csrshowercurtain.jpg

I just can't seem to get enough of CSR pictures in advace of our February trip. Can't wait!!! Feel bad, though, like I'm wishing a big part of my life away!

Ms. Kathy~

Are these pictures of standard rooms and bathrooms? I'm trying to get a better idea of what we should expect with the four of us staying in the room?
Thank you.

Camille

Camille, yes those are pictures of the standard rooms (the picture of the king bed is a standard room, but a "king" room). All of the rooms now look like that.

:)

The cons this time.....I thought that the walkways, buses, bathrooms, etc. around ALL of the parks and hotels were dirty. I have always been AMAZED with how clean disney keeps their property and have told people that whether you stay at POP or the POLY, you still get incredibly clean rooms and a nice bus service. I guess with the economy, they have cut down on staff and maintenance. It shows. Our hotel room was SPOTLESS, but the parks and the bathrooms were dirty this time. Yuck. Even my DH, mother AND Aunt noticed. It was not just me. I'll be curious to hear what others think. It also was a very non-crowded week. I can't imagine what it looked like after the crowds we saw over the weekend. :confused3

We were there the 12-20th, and found the opposite. the bathrooms were always clean the counters were almost always dry. we saw different staff in the washrooms cleaning at the parks. We didn't have any bad "dirty" experiences at the parks or the restrooms at the parks at all. :confused3

Timing I guess.

Hello Coronado Springs fans!

We were there from Nov 12-20th stayed in Cabanas building 8A 2nd floor, room 8682. Out the door to the right were the stairs that led right to the quiet pool. out to the left, around the corner were the stairs that led to the bus stop 4 (thru the parking lot) It was a perfect location.

Room was super super super clean. The door however was missing lots of paint and had what looked like rust marks. Not done all the renos yet...they were doing exterior painting while we were there. 1/2 of the bus stop was roped off 1 day, the other half the next, for painting. So they are working hard and the resort is looking great. :O)

We ate at the Pepper Market 1ce for dinner, great excellent service and I was happy to leave a tip. We did take out another night, and we had our last breakfast there. The dinner was fine. I had the grilled chicen and pasta both times, both times it was excellent. The strawberry shortcake for dessert was to die for. The breakfast was "ok" . I had the standard fare, scrambled eggs bacon hashbrowns and biscuit. I would have been really annoyed had I paid outright /not dining plan for it. Over priced and not great at all.

Panchitos has still a great selection of souveniers and hotel necessities. Staff were extremely friendly and we enjoyed visiting in there.

We enjoyed an evening at the dig site, as well as a few visits at the quiet pool. Found that the Dig site pool was warmer. but loved the quiet pool. Refreshing, quiet.

Our room wasn't ready at check in, so we were told we would get a page on the cell phone. I was worried that we would be late for dinner, so we went to the bathroom to change into our warm weather clothes and to get DD in her Snow White dress (dinner at 1900 Park Fare) just as we were finishing, my phone buzzed...text that said our room was ready, and we got our room number.

The walk was bearable to the room, but honestly we loved the convenience of the bus stop.

We had no water in the vending machine at the bus stop, on our floor, on the 1st floor so we went to next building and found some in the vending on the 2nd floor. I informed the front desk the next day, and then by that night the water was replaced. :yay: (btw: vending machines are $2.50 for drinks, takes $1's $5's and coins)

Concierge desk was very helpful with any questions.

Bus service was pretty good. They moved the stop at the MK from 1 to 15, we didn't know and stood there for a half hour waiting. we were on the complete wrong platform. A worker was there, and right near us. I finally said "wow, this one is taking a while" and he said "oh well we changed the bus stop" I wondered why he wouldn't have offered that info 30 minutes earlier, rather than just look at us. but this was not the fault of the hotel. Just a lesson learned that they do change the bus stops. not frequently, but it does happen. at the end of the trip it was still at bus stop 15 when leaving the MK.

(he said that it was changed because they found that they needed a spot that week with a longer queue line. Ironic, as it was the same bus stop 3 years ago,(#1) yet a few days in our trip they change it. oh well)

We took a taxi 1 morning to get to our Pirate cruise for the kids at the G.F. The men at the front were helpful, and informed me of the approx cost /what to expect for a total.

No towel animals. LOL but I really don't care about that. My kids thought it was hysterical that their stuffed animals were found cuddled together holding the remote one day.

oh, 15 min after getting into our room a maid knocked and asked if everything was to our satisfaction, and I asked for 2extra of the large towels and an extra soap so we would each have our own, and 1 extra shampoo.
She came back within 5 min with a stack of towels, a bag of soap, facial soap and shampoo. I couldn't believe it. I tipped her, she was very gracious about accepting it.

We arranged for service/assistance with our bags for check out. thankfully they had someone available for when we needed it as I only did this day of checkout. I would recommend doing this asap in your trip, esp if travelling at a busy time. They have a full schedule log book that they keep track in 15 minute increments. The man was scheduled to be at our room at 1115am, and we saw him pull into the parking lot at exactly that time. The service was wonderful, ontime, and a definate value added part of our trip. He drove us and our luggage to the front for our M.E bus back to the airport. :O(

We stayed at CS last time, and this time I was determined to try POFQ. I am so glad we switched back to CS. It was absolutely wonderful. Our trip was complete perfection ( I am still in shock about that) and C.S was a big part of it.

Enjoy your upcoming visits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter