Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a*lil*bit*goofy for the awesome write up on the CSR. I'm so glad you enjoyed your second stay and that you had a perfect trip. I love hearing this. :)

I had no idea you could tour rooms at the other resorts. I would love to do this. How do you do it?? Just walk up and ask???

We went to the front desk of the hotels (we drove to them since we had our car this trip) and told them we were already staying at CSR but would like to see the rooms before we made our decision on where to stay in March 2011. Everyone was super nice and showed us what we requested.

We're counting down the days!!! We check in on Dec. 1st!!! We told our three kids and our nephew by doing a scavenger hunt. It was so much fun! I wish I was taking video rather than still photos... would have made a great commercial. They are SO EXCITED!!! :cool1:

I want to thank Kathy :worship: and everyone who contributes to these boards. :hug: You've all been so helpful to me as I've planned this vacation.

THANK YOU!!!

Just a few more hours to go!!!! WE hit the road tonight for an overnight in Tallahassee and check in tomorrow at lunch. CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Hi everyone! I just got back from a great stay at CSR with my boyfriend. We stayed 5 nights in Cabana 9A. Before we left I requested a king bed and a room in either Casitas 4 or 5 or Cabanas 8 or 9 - I got both my requests, a king bed & Cabanas 9. We LOVED the resort, and I would definitely stay here again. I've toured a lot of the deluxe resorts (never stayed in one) and have to say I would choose CSR as my first choice when we book another trip. The bed was super comfortable, our location was PERFECT (less than 10 minute walk to everything... main building, bus stop, pool, etc.), and I really liked the location of the resort in relation to the parks. We only ate at El Centro once (Pepper Market the first night, we weren't impressed), but picked up a snack at Cafe Rix a couple times and enjoyed it. The pool and hot tub were absolutely amazing, even when busy there was always plenty of room. If I were to come back, I would definitely request to be in Cabanas again. I liked how they were only two floors and I really liked the location (near the hammocks, with a cool view of Everest in the background!). The one thing I didn't like was how all of the buildings in the 3 sections look the same... on more than one occasion we were looking for our room in the wrong building... I think they should have numbers for each building, rather than having two buildings with the same number (ex. 9A and 9B... would have been better having building names, or buildings 9 & 10). Otherwise, it was perfect, and all of you going soon should get super excited!

Just a few more hours to go!!!! WE hit the road tonight for an overnight in Tallahassee and check in tomorrow at lunch. CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Oh, to be within driving distance...obviously, we could drive, but twenty-four hours worth of driving holds little to no appeal...:rotfl:

Hi everyone! I just got back from a great stay at CSR with my boyfriend. We stayed 5 nights in Cabana 9A. Before we left I requested a king bed and a room in either Casitas 4 or 5 or Cabanas 8 or 9 - I got both my requests, a king bed & Cabanas 9. We LOVED the resort, and I would definitely stay here again. I've toured a lot of the deluxe resorts (never stayed in one) and have to say I would choose CSR as my first choice when we book another trip. The bed was super comfortable, our location was PERFECT (less than 10 minute walk to everything... main building, bus stop, pool, etc.), and I really liked the location of the resort in relation to the parks. We only ate at El Centro once (Pepper Market the first night, we weren't impressed), but picked up a snack at Cafe Rix a couple times and enjoyed it. The pool and hot tub were absolutely amazing, even when busy there was always plenty of room. If I were to come back, I would definitely request to be in Cabanas again. I liked how they were only two floors and I really liked the location (near the hammocks, with a cool view of Everest in the background!). The one thing I didn't like was how all of the buildings in the 3 sections look the same... on more than one occasion we were looking for our room in the wrong building... I think they should have numbers for each building, rather than having two buildings with the same number (ex. 9A and 9B... would have been better having building names, or buildings 9 & 10). Otherwise, it was perfect, and all of you going soon should get super excited!

Thanks for reporting back. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at CSR. We were in Cabanas 9A in September and enjoyed the section very much (although we still prefer the Casitas). So happy you had a good time. :)

We leave Saturday AM. Very excited. I put in a request on ressie for cabanas or ranchos. Decided to see what happens. The kids really like the look of the resort from all the great pictures. Thanks for all the work everyone!

We leave Saturday AM. Very excited. I put in a request on ressie for cabanas or ranchos. Decided to see what happens. The kids really like the look of the resort from all the great pictures. Thanks for all the work everyone!

Have a great trip! And Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Just got back from an amazing stay at CSR. Everyone was so helpful. The resort was beautiful and very relaxing. We stayed in Cabanas 8B and loved the location. We were close to everything. I would definitely stay here again. Here are a few photos we took around CSR and the pool area. Hope you don't mind my kids in the pics :)

Disney09011.jpg

Disney09012.jpg

Disney09014.jpg

Disney09015.jpg

Disney091985.jpg

Disney091986.jpg

Disney091990.jpg

Disney091991.jpg

Disney091992.jpg

Disney091993.jpg

Disney09692.jpg

Disney09693.jpg

Disney09694.jpg

Disney09695.jpg

Disney09696.jpg

Nice photos, thanks for sharing! And your kids are super cute! :)

Thanks :). My dd's name is Maya and she thought it was so cool that the restaurant had the same name as her that's why there are so many pics of her near the signs for it. She spells it that way too.

Hey, I'm not sure if this has been posted before (I don't keep up with all the pages -- too many!), but they've moved around at least some of the bus queues at the parks. We noticed at the MK Monday night that whereas CSR used to have the first stop closest to the park exit, it's been moved to about midway down on the farthest depot to the right. Slot #15, I think it was. I know it used to be a lot closer because we waited there a lot of nights after Wishes in previous trips!

I didn't check any of the others as we didn't use the buses on Tuesday.

dwsandy

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. They are absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. It's great to hear of another good stay at the CSR.

Do you mind if I copy a couple of your excellent pictures for the new CSR thread?

Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter