Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MILLION DOLLAR question! :) We've been on the dining plan, as have others, and have not paid the 10% gratuity. HOWEVER, others who have been on the dining plan have stated that they did have to pay it. The PM is very confusing when it comes to the dining plan. If you don't want to pay it and are unsure, I would just ask for a "to go" ticket and enjoy your food at one of the tables surrounding the lake.

Yes, there are volleyballs available--ask one of the lifeguards (I forget where they keep them).

We just got back on Tuesday and at Pepper Market twice we did not pay the 10% gratuity. We were told by the cashier that the servers get no gratuity at all when they server DDP guests. Thus, we left extra tip on the table because we had received exceptional service (DD had thrown up and the servers went above and beyond to help us out).

We are staying at CSR for the first time in February. I've heard that this is a convention hotel. Has anyone ever made reservations for CSR and then gotten bumped to another hotel because of a convention? I've heard stories about this happening at other resorts and wanted to hear if that ever happens at CSR. Thanks!

We are staying at CSR for the first time in February. I've heard that this is a convention hotel. Has anyone ever made reservations for CSR and then gotten bumped to another hotel because of a convention? I've heard stories about this happening at other resorts and wanted to hear if that ever happens at CSR. Thanks!

We've stayed at the CSR eight times and every single time there has been at least one convention going on with another coming on several of the trips. We've never been bumped to another resort (or asked if we wanted to). I'm sure it might happen, but it never has to us.

Okay we check in, in 2 weeks. How far out should we fax our room request? We want to make sure that since we will be there during Pop Warner that we are no where near the Ranchos. If we arrive on a Thursday would sending it on Monday work? Please let me know.

I always send in our fax three or four days before our arrival.

We check in on Nov 26th for a week!! I have done online checkin and we are getting really excited too. Everyone is finally well after a bout of Flu and an upper respiratory infection. The weather is looking pretty good so far (keeping my fingers crossed). I am going to finish up the packing this weekend!!

Have a wonderful time. Pop Warner has been MOVED to the POR-Riverside; they are no longer at the CSR.

That is the best news ever!:banana: I was really worried that the PW might spoil our time at the resort.

Can someone post a picture of the current CSR mug as I have soem I got for Christmas and don't want to take them if they are different. Thanks:goodvibes

Can someone post a picture of the current CSR mug as I have soem I got for Christmas and don't want to take them if they are different. Thanks:goodvibes

The CSR no longer has it's own mug; they have the same generic mug as all of the other resorts..."What Will you Celebrate" mug.

Hi everybody! I'm am certain that these questions have probably been asked a thousand million times before, but I can't find them so please bear with me! :goodvibes

Tomorrow is my 10-day mark, and I plan on doing Online Check-In. :woohoo: I also need to fax a room request, though. This will be my first time faxing a request, so I thought I'd ask for advice from people who have done it before.

I realize that it is only a request, but it doesn't hurt to try, and I want to do as much as I can to try and have my request honored. A member of our party has mobility issues, and being close to El Centro is a major priority for us. If Coronado Springs had the option to book preferred location rooms, we would have. Instead, I have had to study the resort map extensively and decided that any of the following five buildings will be close enough: Casitas 1, 3, or 4, or Cabanas 9B or 9A.

Because I am doing online check-in, I have read here that I should send my fax at 10 days out, and again at 3 days out. Is this accurate?

Should I be sending to the fax number listed for CSR specifically?

Also, for those of you who fax requests on a regular basis, what format do you use for your fax? Do you put it in business letter format, or something else? What all information do you include?

Anything I haven't thought of yet?

Any and all helpful advice is appreciated!! :hug:

Hi everybody! I'm am certain that these questions have probably been asked a thousand million times before, but I can't find them so please bear with me! :goodvibes

Tomorrow is my 10-day mark, and I plan on doing Online Check-In. :woohoo: I also need to fax a room request, though. This will be my first time faxing a request, so I thought I'd ask for advice from people who have done it before.

I realize that it is only a request, but it doesn't hurt to try, and I want to do as much as I can to try and have my request honored. A member of our party has mobility issues, and being close to El Centro is a major priority for us. If Coronado Springs had the option to book preferred location rooms, we would have. Instead, I have had to study the resort map extensively and decided that any of the following five buildings will be close enough: Casitas 1, 3, or 4, or Cabanas 9B or 9A.

Because I am doing online check-in, I have read here that I should send my fax at 10 days out, and again at 3 days out. Is this accurate?

Should I be sending to the fax number listed for CSR specifically?

Also, for those of you who fax requests on a regular basis, what format do you use for your fax? Do you put it in business letter format, or something else? What all information do you include?

Anything I haven't thought of yet?

Any and all helpful advice is appreciated!! :hug:

I've never heard of sending a fax 10 days out and then at three again. Do you have your request on your reservation? If so, then just send your fax three or four days out. I think doing it twice is TOO much.

Yes, send the fax to the CSR fax number on the first page of this thread.

We simply send a fax that says something like this:

We are so looking forward to our return trip to the CSR and staying with you once again. We would greatly appreciate it, if possible, to be in the Casitas (put what you want here) section, preferably building 4 or 5. We can't wait to be at the CSR. Kathy and Mark.....

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to share a positive review with you guys! I just got off the phone with my parents who are at CSR celebrating their 25th anniversary and they LOOOVE CSR! they have stayed at Pop, AKL, POR, POFQ, and my mom said she actually likes CSR more than AKL! She loves its centralized location!

They got a lot of pixie dust at check in too. They are in Cabanas 9A in a ground floor room with a water view and were upgraded to a king size bed!

They checked out the pool today and loved it, and they said they have a hammock outside their room. They are having a blast!

My mom also said they haven't put their tree up yet, and neither have the other resorts they have checked out (I know they went to the GF and Poly today)

I've never heard of sending a fax 10 days out and then at three again. Do you have your request on your reservation? If so, then just send your fax three or four days out. I think doing it twice is TOO much.
The reason for this, I've read, is if you are doing online check-in at 10 days out, which I am. They will likely do room assignments before that three to four day window, so it's best to get your fax on file around the time you plan to check in online... At least that's what I've read here on the DIS. :confused3

Hi y'all, we're here now and we're having a fabulous time. Twice we've had meals at the Pepper Market and have been super satisfied with both the food quality and the service. The workers have been very nice and very helpful. The rooms are beautiful! The new sliding doors which separate the dre4ssing area from the bedroom area are a great improvement over the curtains.
I have to run as wer're going to the pool. When we get back on Saturday, I'll write more. Bye for now!!!

Hi y'all, we're here now and we're having a fabulous time. Twice we've had meals at the Pepper Market and have been super satisfied with both the food quality and the service. The workers have been very nice and very helpful. The rooms are beautiful! The new sliding doors which separate the dre4ssing area from the bedroom area are a great improvement over the curtains.
I have to run as wer're going to the pool. When we get back on Saturday, I'll write more. Bye for now!!!

Awesome! Have a magical trip, friend. :hug:

Another room request question - we will have a rental car and don't plan on spending much time at the resort for food or the Dig Site (although we may go once or twice). Is there a particular section that is more convenient to the parking lots (but not too noisy)? I couldn't really tell from the various maps. I'm really torn with what to request and I'm fearful of leaving it up to chance....

We are arriving at CSR on the 30th. I want to do a fax requesting a room in a specific area, but with thanksgiving and all, I'm not sure when to do it. I know its usually 4 days but what would you guys because of the holiday? Does it even matter since they do not close for the holidays? Thanks in advance!

We are leaving tomorrow and wil be checking into CSR WED about lunch time!!!! I am finally letting myself get excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter