Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the deal with the thermostat? I couldn't find the original question. Can you not adjust it as needed? Why do you have to push power and down?

What is the deal with the thermostat? I couldn't find the original question. Can you not adjust it as needed? Why do you have to push power and down?

You can adjust it as you need to, but if you leave the room for a long time, it might reset (I think it uses motion sensor technology). You can keep it set at one temperature if you set it to bypass.

Hi, we are headed to CSR on Oct 17th (yikes it's so close!) and I have a few questions. I've been reading here for a while and what great information! Most of my questions were answered before I even had to ask! Thanks!

Question 1 - about the coffee maker, I know my DH and my Dad will not want lousy coffee so I plan to bring our own but am not sure what I should be bringing. Do I need to bring coffee filters or do they have those in the room? I don't drink or make coffee so I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this! LOL

Let me preface this question with the statement that I don't drink coffee, don't make coffee or know anything about coffee...
However, my parents LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee! Nescafe, however, not so much!
So, we will need to bring coffee with us. Does anyone know what type of filters we will need? And is it automatic drip?

Got a post card from the CSR...wanting me to do an online survey.

Gave mostly good, some indifferent and afew bad marks. Depending on the subject.

Also got to comment on meals at other resorts.

Boma should be closing down right about now. :lmao: (Yeah right. :rolleyes1)

Guess my favorite line I typed here was "Boma is Swahili for bland."

I really do like to have a decent view when on vaca.....they didnt have a waterview avail, so I booked a king bed, how likely is it that our room will be facing a parking lot??

When I went in 2007, we booked a king room. When we checked in and were given a room it was a king with a quiet pool view! At the time, I thought all kings were water view, but now I realize I think I just got lucky! :woohoo: I'm not sure what the ratio is.

So I just switched my ressies from POFQ to CS/King Bed. I havent stayed at CS since 2002, so I am pretty excited have a few questions.

I really do like to have a decent view when on vaca.....they didnt have a waterview avail, so I booked a king bed, how likely is it that our room will be facing a parking lot??

I requested a room in the Casitas (stayed in Cabans last time ands remember wishing I was in the Casitas LOL). From experience, how likely is that request to be granted?

Have all of the rooms at CS been renovated??

Okay, I think thats it for now.....Thanks!!

Our first stay at CSR was booked with code, I kid you not, BEG. We had a parking lot view however, the landscaping was so lush that we could barely see it. That was 8 years ago and the landscaping has grown even more.
Also we were in Casitas 5.

When I went in 2007, we booked a king room. When we checked in and were given a room it was a king with a quiet pool view! At the time, I thought all kings were water view, but now I realize I think I just got lucky! :woohoo: I'm not sure what the ratio is.

I had a King room at CSR last fall and was on the top floor of Casitas 2. It was most definitely a parking lot view and an ugly one at that.

Let me preface this question with the statement that I don't drink coffee, don't make coffee or know anything about coffee...
However, my parents LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee! Nescafe, however, not so much!
So, we will need to bring coffee with us. Does anyone know what type of filters we will need? And is it automatic drip?

The automatic drip coffee makers take a 4-cup filter. I agree the coffee they offer for it is not good. I actually bring the Maxwell house coffee singles (they're like tea bags) and just run water directly thru coffee maker in to my cup to heat it up, then add the bag.

The automatic drip coffee makers take a 4-cup filter. I agree the coffee they offer for it is not good. I actually bring the Maxwell house coffee singles (they're like tea bags) and just run water directly thru coffee maker in to my cup to heat it up, then add the bag.

Can anyone who was there recently confirm what kind of coffee they had? Because we had "gourmet" coffee in our room and it wasn't bad at all according to Mark.

Can anyone who was there recently confirm what kind of coffee they had? Because we had "gourmet" coffee in our room and it wasn't bad at all according to Mark.

Hi Kathy
I thought they had Nescafe when we were there in 2009; now I'm doubting myself. oh dear:confused3

Whatever it was, I don't recall favoring it. But it's of course a matter of personal preference and if I had mine I'd be bringing my K-Cup machine.:thumbsup2

PS - found it on Buzz's site: Chez Parisien, a gourmet French roast coffee

Hi Kathy
I thought they had Nescafe when we were there in 2009; now I'm doubting myself. oh dear:confused3

Whatever it was, I don't recall favoring it. But it's of course a matter of personal preference and if I had mine I'd be bringing my K-Cup machine.:thumbsup2

2009 it definitely was Nescafe. I don't know if we just got something a littlle "special" as we had robes in our room too which I know was something the CSR does for us on occasion. But this time it was definitely a gourmet coffee (I wish I had taken a picture of it).

oops I just edited my post the same time you replied.
It's Chez Parisien, a gourmet French roast coffee , found a pic on Buzz's site.

All booked, waterview for 10/8 - 10/11! Cant wait! Hoping for the casitas this time around!

Booked our first stay at CSR a few months ago and was trying not to go crazy during the wait. At least not for a few months. Just talked with my godmother and they are going in December. What the hoo, I think I'm ready to start doing some serious Disney planning. Not that I really needed convincing.:rotfl::rotfl:

I will be traveling to Disney next December and my husband is sending me to the spa. I get to choose which one, but I am unsure which one to pick. Let me know if any of you have been to any of them and which one you liked best,
Thanks

I will be traveling to Disney next December and my husband is sending me to the spa. I get to choose which one, but I am unsure which one to pick. Let me know if any of you have been to any of them and which one you liked best,
Thanks

The spa at the CSR is not an "official" spa. It has two separate rooms outside of the fitness center for massages. I have had a massage at the Grand Floridian. It was no better, no worse, than the ones I've had at the CSR or at home. I was a little put off becasue they tried to force their product on me when I left. My son's girlfriend had one at the Saratoga Springs Spa resort and said it was wonderful (I've read this from other people as well).

KatMark, I have an album of pictures on Facebook that I took walking around CSR last week if you think you could use any of them for the new thread. The resort was very lovely, staff was very friendly and most important the beds were super comfy!

--Mary

KatMark, I have an album of pictures on Facebook that I took walking around CSR last week if you think you could use any of them for the new thread. The resort was very lovely, staff was very friendly and most important the beds were super comfy!

--Mary

I would love to use some of them if you don't mind. I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted. If you could send me your favorites or give me a link, I would be truly grateful. :)

I'm so excited to actually be getting a chance to bring the family to CSR. I have had my eye on it for a long time. So, pretty.....:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter