Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH and I just stayed at CSR for a long weekend and we loved it! We always have a car with us, and we loved the resort's location - so easy to get to DTD and all of the parks. We were in Cabanas 9A and had a short walk to the main pool and El Centro. We loved walking around the resort because it was so peaceful. My DH also enjoyed the water slide at the main pool! We thought the theming and overall layout and look of the resort was fabulous - we commented on how we preferred it over POFQ.

We were so surprised at how few cars were in the parking lot and we were always able to park right outside of our door. On Saturday night, the Wine and Dine Marathon began at 10pm and the resort did a great job of letting us know they were hosting the runners and there could be traffic delays. (We ended up not experiencing any delays at all.)

I will say that even though I had read up on the DIS about how Pepper Market worked, it was still a bit confusing. We were not used to having to wait for someone to get drinks for us and although it was nice being served, I just wanted to run up and fill up our mugs and we couldn't do that. We were also a little disappointed in the offerings at Cafe Rix - we thought we'd be able to pick up bagels for breakfast there or have some more variety of DDP snack items, but they really only had sweet bakery items and sandwiches.

Overall, we loved CSR and would definitely stay there again. If we were staying for a long trip, I think I'd opt for a different resort only because of the food options at CSR.

Looking forward to checking in on SUNDAY!:cool1: I called last week to put a request on my reservation, I want Casitas 4 (or 5), but the woman on the phone said she would put it with the disclaimer that I understand I am not in the right booking category for it. So I also had her put that I'm looking for a bus stop and quiet pool. So we'll see what happens.

Can't wait to be back in the World!

Looking forward to checking in on SUNDAY!:cool1: I called last week to put a request on my reservation, I want Casitas 4 (or 5), but the woman on the phone said she would put it with the disclaimer that I understand I am not in the right booking category for it. So I also had her put that I'm looking for a bus stop and quiet pool. So we'll see what happens.

Can't wait to be back in the World!

What do you mean you aren't in the right booking catagory? Are Casitas 4 & 5 now "preferred"? :confused3
I thought the "preferred" location for CSR doesn't start till 2011?

What do you mean you aren't in the right booking catagory? Are Casitas 4 & 5 now "preferred"? :confused3
I thought the "preferred" location for CSR doesn't start till 2011?

I am assuming he got a CM who did not know what they are talking about (he did not talk directly to the CSR). The preferred does not start until January 2011.

My DH and I just stayed at CSR for a long weekend and we loved it! We always have a car with us, and we loved the resort's location - so easy to get to DTD and all of the parks. We were in Cabanas 9A and had a short walk to the main pool and El Centro. We loved walking around the resort because it was so peaceful. My DH also enjoyed the water slide at the main pool! We thought the theming and overall layout and look of the resort was fabulous - we commented on how we preferred it over POFQ.

We were so surprised at how few cars were in the parking lot and we were always able to park right outside of our door. On Saturday night, the Wine and Dine Marathon began at 10pm and the resort did a great job of letting us know they were hosting the runners and there could be traffic delays. (We ended up not experiencing any delays at all.)

I will say that even though I had read up on the DIS about how Pepper Market worked, it was still a bit confusing. We were not used to having to wait for someone to get drinks for us and although it was nice being served, I just wanted to run up and fill up our mugs and we couldn't do that. We were also a little disappointed in the offerings at Cafe Rix - we thought we'd be able to pick up bagels for breakfast there or have some more variety of DDP snack items, but they really only had sweet bakery items and sandwiches.

Overall, we loved CSR and would definitely stay there again. If we were staying for a long trip, I think I'd opt for a different resort only because of the food options at CSR.

Thanks for your review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. I find it strange that they have things like Melon Cups, banana bread, biscuits, muffins, etc., on the DP for a snack credit, but not a bagel. I don't eat them, but DH does and I usually end up paying for them.

Oh well, overall it sounds like a great visit (parking was empty for us too when we were there).

Hi, Kathy! Quick question related to CSR: Are the reubens back on the menu? That's what I saw on All Ears and that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Hi, Kathy! Quick question related to CSR: Are the reubens back on the menu? That's what I saw on All Ears and that would be awesome!

Thanks!

I don't know; Mark and I only ate one quick dinner there and we both had the chicken so I didn't notice. Maybe Allan will pipe in and let us know as I think he ate there a couple of times.

I am assuming he got a CM who did not know what they are talking about (he did not talk directly to the CSR). The preferred does not start until January 2011.

That's what I figured. I asked the woman a few times, well how do I get the correct category. "Well, it's not available at the moment." So I'm hopeful that I do get Casitas 4 when I go and if not I'll ask if they can move me at check in, and if they can't no big deal.

That's what I thought.
When I talked to the CM about reservations on Tuesday she said they weren't sure what buildings would be preferred. She assumed Cabanas..... and I told her I did not want to be there anyway.... ;)

We have DVC and stayed at BLT and AKV, but unfortunately AKV didn't have any more availability for our last night (flights worked out better to stay one more night). In retrospect, moving for just one night was a big pita and we wouldn't do it again. But we figured, hey, why not try out a new resort we wouldn't otherwise get to stay at. We (I really) chose CSR based on the beautiful pictures and the new queen beds and duvets. The rooms were beautiful, although I was shocked by the state of our bathroom. They clearly did not do a complete renovation. There was about an inch gap between the new tile baseboard and the old tile next to the tub that they didn't replace or cover up. Bad, bad job. We also had some loose tiles. That was a little disappointing, but not the end of the world.

We were in the cabanas section and I found the hallways and elevator generally dingy and dirty. I'm sure Disney has had to cut back on staffing and it shows. I don't remember there being a similar issue when we stayed at POR in July 09. We didn't get a chance to walk over to the Casitas section because it was so hot, I really wish we had, the pictures all look so beautiful.

We were a little taken back by the prices at Pepper Market. We were going to get DD some pasta alfredo. She wanted mac & cheese, but there was none to be had. Well, the guy went to mix up the sauce and it was crusty and lumpy. Totally gross. He looked surprised that I said "nevermind, I can't feed that to my daughter; alfredo is not supposed to look like that." We ate the rest of our trip at Cafe Rix and enjoyed the quality. On our last day (I'm pg, was in the 1st tri, so picky and nauseous) I wanted a salad, but the ones in the case were 2 days old and soggy. The chef happily made me a new one, he was so sweet, I really appreciated it. It was the most beautifully put together salad I've ever seen. Everything was made fresh to order, we really liked it (except for the random lack of bagels).

The service at the hotel were above and beyond anything we expected. Our DD had gotten sick 2 days before when we were at AKV which ended up in the ER. On the day of our transfer to CSR we had to eat breakfast for DD to take her anitbiotics, unfortunately it needed to be refrigerated so we couldn't check our bags first and just carry it with us that day. We couldn't take all our bags w/ us to breakfast so we gave it to her, checked our bags and then went to eat breakfast. It was too far in advance of her eating because she puked on me on the DTD bus. So we went straight to CSR after switching buses.

I asked for a late check out, she gave us noon. The next day, DH asked again and they offered 1, which was amazing as it gave us time for DD to nap (if she had cooperated). When I was checking in, DH went to bell services to see if there was any way we could get our luggage faster. It wasn't supposed to be delivered until after 4. I was covered in puke and had no other clothes with me. A manager came over and told the girl checking us in to put a $50 credit on our account so that I could go to the gift shop and buy something for me to wear until our luggage got here. I was in tears. We didn't ask for, nor did it even cross our mind as an option. They really went above and beyond for us and it made the day much more bearable. They also got us into our room before the 3pm check in. I really wish that I had gotten that managers name so that I could write a glowing review to Disney, but I was just overwhelmed.

Overall, we really enjoyed CSR. There were some upkeep issues, but nothing that really affected our stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Hoping to try the Casitas next time!

Thanks!

My ds had the reuben sandwich at Pepper Market a few weeks ago. I've been slow with getting photos onto Photobucket, but I think I do have a photo of the meal and will post it later.

I've been waiting for the new thread to be up and running full time before doing my CSR photos.

Food photos from Pepper Market in mid-September.

Chicken Quesadilla

Disney2010172.jpg

Nachos

Disney2010171.jpg

Pizza

Disney2010170.jpg

Various Desserts

Disney2010173.jpg

Reuben Sandwich

Disney2010346.jpg

Club Croissant Sandwich

Disney2010345.jpg

Ice cream desserts

Disney2010347.jpg

Pixiedust34 - Great pictures!

Reuben looks fantastic - wish I would have eaten one of those when we were there.

I may have to make those tomorrow night for dinner. I doubt I can live up to taste this vision had given me :rolleyes:

This is an embarassing question - so much so, that I'm too ashamed to start a thread to ask. I'm asking here since we are staying at CSR.

I remember reading somewhere that for a pretty low price, arrange to have a couple of things in your room when you arrive. Not a full decoration, but a couple of little things. This was arranged by Disney, not a third party, as it entailed a character signed picture that said something like "I'm excited to see you!," and a trinket or two. It may have even been in the room when they got there (can a TP get access to a room before the occupier arrives?).

I was wondering who I would contact about that and what it would run. This may just be my imagination - maybe the post really doesn't exist.

I'm such a dork.

This is an embarassing question - so much so, that I'm too ashamed to start a thread to ask. I'm asking here since we are staying at CSR.

I remember reading somewhere that for a pretty low price, arrange to have a couple of things in your room when you arrive. Not a full decoration, but a couple of little things. This was arranged by Disney, not a third party, as it entailed a character signed picture that said something like "I'm excited to see you!," and a trinket or two. It may have even been in the room when they got there (can a TP get access to a room before the occupier arrives?).

I was wondering who I would contact about that and what it would run. This may just be my imagination - maybe the post really doesn't exist.

I'm such a dork.

You are NOT a dork. Things are very rarely put in a room before arrival unless you are staying CL (Club Level) at the deluxes. I have had things in the room prior to arrival, but that is because we had been upgraded and they knew for sure where we were going to be.

Disney will on occasion for a special occasion send balloons or an autographed photo, etc., to a room once a guest has checked in. However, it really is the luck of the draw.

If you really want something to add a little pixie dust, I would order myself. I have used memoriesbybetsy and Disney Florist. Both are very good, but I prefer memoroiesbybetsy because it is cheaper and you are in a little more control of what is included in the basket.

If you really want something to add a little pixie dust, I would order myself. I have used memoriesbybetsy and Disney Florist. Both are very good, but I prefer memoroiesbybetsy because it is cheaper and you are in a little more control of what is included in the basket.

That's good to know.

Frankly, all I really wanted was the Jasmine tiara/crown thing and a signed picture. She'd probably forget about the picture as soon as she sees her, and the crown I figure I can pick up at the first souvenir shop we find.

(Besides, memoriesbybetsy is blocked at work)

I was excited to do online check in this morning :cool1:! But I don't see any place to put our room request. When you click room request they only give four options - pack and play, refrigerator (says they will charge a fee), ground floor, or near transportation. Am I missing something? I was hoping to add our building request.

I was excited to do online check in this morning :cool1:! But I don't see any place to put our room request. When you click room request they only give four options - pack and play, refrigerator (says they will charge a fee), ground floor, or near transportation. Am I missing something? I was hoping to add our building request.

You have to fax it in (or call the resort directly and see if they can put in for you). The fax and phone # are in the first post :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter