Countdown to "Blue Friday" 2015!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Life is short. Live it well.
SeaWorld's annual Blue Friday sale, which runs every Black Friday, is coming up soon! Is anyone else waiting and watching to see what kind of offeres are extended this year?

To give you an idea of the types of offers that they have had on previous BF sales, here's a list of the past two:

Admission Offers:
  • BOGO SeaWorld Orlando 1-Year Annual Pass; a savings of $156
  • BOGO SeaWorld/Aquatica Orlando 1-Year Annual Pass; a savings of $180
  • BOGO Full-Paid, Any-Day SeaWorld Orlando Ticket; a savings of $75
  • BOGO Aquatica Orlando Single-Day Ticket; a savings of $19
  • BOGO SeaWorld Orlando/Aquatica Orlando Combo Ticket; a savings of $89

In-Park Offers:
  • BOGO SeaWorld Orlando Quick Queue Unlimited; a savings of $19
  • Buy one Adult Santa’s Fireside Feast, get one Child Santa’s Fireside Feast free; a savings of $19
  • BOGO Dolphins Up-close Tour; a savings of $59
  • BOGO Sea Lion and Otter Tour; a savings of $39
  • BOGO Wild Arctic Up-Close Tour; a savings of $59

• Buy a 2 Park SeaWorld Orlando + Busch Gardens Tampa single day ticket for $99 (visit by May 31, 2014)
  • Save $30 off on a SeaWorld Orlando 1 year Annual Pass
  • Save $20 off on a Aquatica Orlando 1 year Annual Pass
  • Buy One, Get One Free Christmas Show Seating (use by December 24, 2013)
  • 20% off on Santas Fireside Feast (Select Dates 11/30, 12/1, 12/7, 12/8, 12/15)
  • 20% off SeaWorld All-Day-Dining
  • 20% off Banana Beach Buffet
  • 25% off online merchandise at Shamu Shop

I, personally, was really hoping that the annual passes would be offered as buy one, get one free again this year....but SW just put them on $30 off until January 5th (as they increased their single day ticket prices to $99 pp and their parking fee by $1 to $18) so I'm wondering if the BF offers will be more like the 2013 line-up.

We are planning a tentative Christmas Day visit (depending on if the offers are good enough to warrant it!) so we're hoping for AP deals (for DH and I), single day ticket offers (for DS), as well as discounts on Quick Queue and the all day dining.

The countdown is on! :hyper:

I'm joining you in the wait! I'm hoping for some kind of in-park offerings, since we'll be getting our SeaWorld and Aquatica admissions included with our Discovery Cove admissions. I'd love some discounts on Quick Queue, Banana Beach Buffet, or SeaWorld Signature show seating--any or all of those would be perfect for us. I'm also hoping that whatever they offer will work for our trip in late May. Something for parking would also be great, as long as it works (I've read your trip report about that issue).

The day will be here before we know it!

Would love some food savings. Is there a time limit for the offers? I will be going in Sept.

Would love some food savings. Is there a time limit for the offers? I will be going in Sept.

The offers are only available for sale for a limited time, and then some of those offers do have a "use by" or "activate by" date in the fine print or offer details. The annual passes, for example, that were on BOGO last BF had to be activated within one year of purchase. The Christmas show seating expired on Christmas eve or Christmas Day. I can't remember how long you had to use the dining vouchers, but I'm reasonably sure that we purchased them on BF 2013 and were abe to use them the following August.

Thanks so much for posting this, Gina! - We are planning our first trip and I will be looking for a Seaworld/Aquatica combo ticket deal!

Thanks, can't wait to see what is available on Blue Friday. Has anyone found a good time to book a Sea World Partner hotel? The prices seem very high for almost mid Sept. I booked extra days at Cabana Bay because of the cost but still have the 13th which is around $140 then the price drops to under $100per night. I can't figure out why it's so much for the 13th which is a weekday.

Thanks, can't wait to see what is available on Blue Friday. Has anyone found a good time to book a Sea World Partner hotel? The prices seem very high for almost mid Sept. I booked extra days at Cabana Bay because of the cost but still have the 13th which is around $140 then the price drops to under $100per night. I can't figure out why it's so much for the 13th which is a weekday.

We have the Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld booked for May 1st and 2nd, 2016. I don't have my stuff with me here at work, but we have a king room for either $71 or $79 a night (no special rate or promo code). We thought it was a steal. Right after booking (just a guarantee with a credit card....it wasn't a pay in full/nonrefundable rate) prices went way up. Same room now is $109 (which is still a great rate, considering we get free quick queue for both of us as a perk, but not as great as the $70-something I originally reserved for).

I am eagerly waiting an announcement on pricing. We are hoping to get the Super Grovers which includes all Sea Worlds, Busch Gardens, and all waterparks except Discovery Cove. They are usually 20-25% off Black Friday.

I am eagerly waiting an announcement on pricing. We are hoping to get the Super Grovers which includes all Sea Worlds, Busch Gardens, and all waterparks except Discovery Cove. They are usually 20-25% off Black Friday.
I have never heard of these tickets before, are they as expensive as the 14 day Orlando Flex ticket without US and IoA? I can't remember what those tickets are called, but that's the kind I need as I already have a 7 day Park to park US/IoA ticket.

I have never heard of these tickets before, are they as expensive as the 14 day Orlando Flex ticket without US and IoA? I can't remember what those tickets are called, but that's the kind I need as I already have a 7 day Park to park US/IoA ticket.

They are much cheaper than the Orlando Flex Tickets. The 2016 Flex Tix are $355-ish pp and up (depending on whether you get the 5 park or 6 park one). Super Grovers, regular price, are only $233....then, as Belle & Ariel mentioned above, they almost always come on sale on or around Black Friday for 20-25% off.

These links might help:

http://sesameplace.com/en/langhorne/passmembers/pass-member-benefits/

http://sesameplace.com/en/langhorne/book-online/tickets/season-passes/

c0fbe0c84e02463eb0f31b912ad803c8_139x141_16sgsp.png

Unlimited visits in 2016 and the rest of 2015 FREE, free preferred parking, ride again privileges, and access to 11 parks.

Sesame Place benefits include:
  • Unlimited visits now through 12/31/16
  • Save on in-park food, merchandise & character dining (Save 30% in 2015; Save 25% in 2016)
  • Free preferred parking (based on availability; available at Sesame Place Only) and general parking
  • Save on single-day admission for guests
  • Sesame Street character meet & greets (May-Oct)
  • Ride Again privileges on select attractions
  • Early park entry for extra ride time
  • Advance seating at select shows
  • Exclusive Season Pass Member events
Additional Super Grover Benefits:
  • Unlimited visits to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark, Adventure Island and Water Country USA through 12/31/16
    • Free general parking (based on availability)
    • Save 10% on food & merchandise (restrictions apply)
    • Special rates at Discovery Cove (based on availability)

Okay but the flex ticket (not the correct name) I need are only for SeaWorld, Aquatica and Bush Gardens so they aren't $355 more like $170ish.

Okay but the flex ticket (not the correct name) I need are only for SeaWorld, Aquatica and Bush Gardens so they aren't $355 more like $170ish.

It depends on if you are just having one trip in the next 14 months. Your flex ticket will expire 2 weeks after first use. The Super Grover is good through 2016. We get them every few years and make several trips using them that year and use the discount to go to Discovery Cove a couple times too.
And parking is included--is it with the flex pass?
You could also consider booking one day at Discovery Cove without the dolphin swim. It is about $149 and includes 10 or 14 days of Sea World and Aquatica. For about $25 you can add Busch Gardens. For I think $30 you can buy a parking permit for the trip.

Oh no! Now I'm so confused. I don't need parking, not renting a car. Will only go the one trip in 2016 as I'm all the way near Vancouver, BC Canada. 2017 is suppose to be an Alaska cruise with my parents.

I have a 7-day US/IoA ticket that I plan on using for the first week of my trip. I will purchase my niece a 14-day Orlando Flex ticket to include the 6 parks. So I just need a 7 (I don't think there is one) or 14 day for the 3 other parks (Sea World, Aquatica and Bush Gardens).

Oh no! Now I'm so confused. I don't need parking, not renting a car. Will only go the one trip in 2016 as I'm all the way near Vancouver, BC Canada. 2017 is suppose to be an Alaska cruise with my parents.

I have a 7-day US/IoA ticket that I plan on using for the first week of my trip. I will purchase my niece a 14-day Orlando Flex ticket to include the 6 parks. So I just need a 7 (I don't think there is one) or 14 day for the 3 other parks (Sea World, Aquatica and Bush Gardens).
Can you upgrade your 7 day ticket to be the same as what you buy your niece?

I am so happy I clicked on this thread so I can follow along. We have a June trip to Orlando planned. WDW is part of the plan but I want to add a couple days at SW, and maybe DC.

I had no idea SW offered Blue Friday deals, and I didn't know about the Sesame Place tickets. Actually, I know very little about SW and the other parks it's associated with, lol. Just doing the research now :)

I hope they offer the Buy 1 Get Free savings like they did last year. I am waiting for the new coaster MAKO next year. Hopefully it will not change the Blue Friday Specials. Do you have to sign up with Seaworld to get the Blue Friday special?

Can you upgrade your 7 day ticket to be the same as what you buy your niece?
I tried calling Universal to see if it could be upgraded to an AP or something but they don't know until I get there as the ticket is about 6 yrs old when US/IoA had 7 day tickets. I may not be able to do anything with it but use it for the first 7 days of our trip, which is fine. I just need to get tickets for Sea World, Aquatica and Bush Gardens.

I hope they offer the Buy 1 Get Free savings like they did last year. I am waiting for the new coaster MAKO next year. Hopefully it will not change the Blue Friday Specials. Do you have to sign up with Seaworld to get the Blue Friday special?

I am hoping for that too. Actually, I'd rather have 50% off everything (since we have a family of 3, so half price sales are better than BOGO or else we need to find a fourth person to share the second BOGO deal) but I'd be estastic either way.

In addition to deals on AP's, dining and quick queue, I'd be totally jazzed if they'd offer their Photokey AP at a nice discount. Sure would be nice to have unlimited pics on all of our visits, but the current price of the Photokey is really, really high!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter