Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Loss of taste or smell

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Fatigue

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
I *think* my dad and I may have had it back in late Jan/early Feb. He had a horrible hacking cough. Not constant shortness of breath, but panting badly with minimal exertion. I had a horrific backache, to the point that I had to leave a Mardi Gras parade just a few minutes into it and hobble a couple blocks down to sit in a booth at the Hard Rock until I was able to stand up long enough to get an Uber home (and home was less than half a mile away, normally a super easy walk). We both had sinus congestion and gastro issues. And extreme fatigue. One of my favorite walking parades was literally half a block from my house, and I couldn't drag myself off the couch to go watch. Dad happened to have some routine medical tests around that time, and his numbers were super weird (high white count, blood and protein in his urine), plus his blood pressure was really high. Everything was resolved on followup testing 10 days later. At the time, everyone thought Covid hadn't made it to the US, and we weren't really flattened by it, so we thought it was just some weird thing. Then we found out Mardi Gras had been a super spreader event, and we saw an expert on TV talking about how a lot of Covid patients have blood and protein in the urine, which resolves when the Covid resolves. Still don't know for sure, but I do wonder.

I’m 95% sure my family has covid right now. I have everyone quarantined at home.

DD started with sinus congestion, had Slight headache, and loss of smell

DH had fatigue, chest congestion, loss of taste

I currently have scratchy throat, minor cough, and fatigue.

No one has run any fever, and all symptoms have been mild thus far. Praying it doesn’t get worse. We all have appointments for testing on Saturday, just to confirm. I am still working at home, and DH is behaving his typical man-cold ways. DD is not working, as she works in child care, and only has school Monday & Tuesday, so I will definitely be keeping her home next week unless we Test negative and all feel better by then.

Just a mild sore throat for about 3 days. I just assumed it was allergies until I lost my sense of taste/smell. That's when I got tested and lo and behold. Was negative one week later. Got my taste/smell back after a month. No lasting effects that I've noticed.

Me-mild weird headache as just didn’t feel good on a Friday night. Didn’t feel awful, just couldn’t sleep, couldn’t get comfortable, no fever. Tested the next morning, negative. Slight headache for a couple of days. On Wednesday morning I had no taste or smell. Tested positive.

My husband was tested both times I tested, he was negative the first time and positive the second time. He had no symptoms.

Our son had just come home from school for an extended thanksgiving/Christmas break. He didn’t go with us to get tested either time but tested negative two times during his 14 day quarantine. He packed up and moved back to his apartment to be safe.

We’re lucky we have easy access to testing. All 6 of our tests were drive through, no appointment needed, and we waited less than 10 minutes each time. I’ve heard not everyone is so lucky.

My symptoms were very mild. Woke up on a Saturday with a stuffy nose and slight congestion. Dry cough like 2-3 times during the day. Truly felt fine and never ever considered Covid. Never had a fever. Never got any worse, felt truly fine honestly. I only got tested on Tuesday because I learned a coworker I had been working on a project with (masked, distanced, etc) had tested positive. This was Thanksgiving week and I was supposed to host my parents for Thanksgiving dinner.

Tested positive on Tuesday and isolated from my husband and daughter (who never got it btw despite DD and I laying together at bedtime each night prior to my test and DH and I sharing a drink that weekend). I noticed the fatigue set in, but I was also immediately put on steroids because I have Type 1 diabetes. The steriods kept me from sleeping at night, so that got my sleep all out of whack. I lost taste/smell by Friday of isolation, but by then my congestion was pretty much gone and I hadn't coughed at all since the weekend.

I worked from home the entire time I was out of the office, and managed to keep up. HOwever the first week back to the office, I was so fatigued with zero stamina. The fatigue got me worse than anything.

I’m sure I had it back in March but wasn’t able to get tested because of the shortage. I had a low grade temp for a day or two. A bad headache for about 4 days. Fatigue (I kept having to take a nap each afternoon). And then the most telling weird symptom for me was that I got chills and night sweats at the end. Very slight dry cough at the end too. It was never anything too severe. We do lots of natural supplements and vitamins in our home so I ramped those up when I wasn’t feeling well. I stayed away from over the counter meds.

I had a bad cough, headaches, a fever that see-sawed from low to so high I once hallucinated, fatigue (when I say fatigue I mean I was down for the count for days), and body aches. Chills, really bad ones so that I couldn't get warm no matter what I did. I never had shortness of breath, but the cough would take my breath away for a few seconds. I am still dealing with the fatigue, but it's slowly getting better. I also have a lot of heart palpitations now. My cardiologist thinks they're from menopause, but who knows?
I took Tylenol like candy. Robitussin for the cough, although it didn't help much.

I've had palpitations before, but only 3-4 times in my life (48), and I definitely had them when I had covid. Frequently, as far as I'm concerned - several times a day. I was under a lot of work and family stress at the time; but, I've been under stress all year and I didn't have palpitations until the week I had covid. It didn't pass until about two or three weeks after I was symptom free. I really think it was related...

For those of you that had a cough, how long did it last? Did anyone's cough get worse after awhile? Its been a month since DD22 started her symptoms, other than a small cough she's been feeling fine for about 3 weeks now. All of a sudden her cough is worse than it was when she was sick. She's going to make a phone appt with her Dr but just wondering if this would be normal? Its not a chest cough, no congestion so its not affecting her breathing. Last night she coughed almost the whole time she was in the shower and said she slept bad because of it. :worried:

ETA....She was cleared from quarantine back to work the week before Christmas. She only had a throat clearing type of cough until the last couple days.

Last edited:
I had everything listed and more. I would call my case moderate-severe. When I finally went into the ER on day 10, I had pneumonia and o2 in the 80s. After treatment, my o2 stabilized and they didn't have room to admit me, so they sent me home on oxygen, dex, and an inhaler. I was monitored through a "hospital at home" program though our hospital system for 10 days. I was on 02 for 2 weeks, been off a week now. I was really, really sick for about 3 weeks.

Here were my symptoms in order of appearance:
Back, legs, hips hurt
low grade fever, loose bowels
nausea, exhaustion, dry cough
High fever, could not wake up
Extreme weakness, could not eat or even walk to toilet
SOB, this was day 10 and when I went in
runny nose, sore neck
sneezing
sore throat

Lingering on day 32:
Insomnia
reflux
weakness
fatigue
I swear my vision has changed:(
Some brain fog type stuff that I'm hoping goes away

Last week I had a minor cough and low grade fever. I took a Covid test on Tuesday and results were supposed to be back by Friday. That test was delayed so I found a rapid test and tested on Thursday. Again, negative. I tested today before seeing my father who has cancer. I thought it was just a formality but the thing came back positive. Trip cancelled.

I thought it could be a false positive since I just had 2 negative tests until I lost my sense of smell tonight. I can put my nose right up to food or scented items and sniff. Nothing...

I'm hoping this passes soon.

Has anyone had extreme, bizarre, frightening nightmares? DD has had them frequently during her bout with Covid, to the point where she dreads sleeping.

I had everything listed above except shortness of breathe and a fever. I describe it as the worse flu like symptoms I've ever had. That lasted way longer than ever too. Fatigue hung on for three weeks. everything else was gone about day 11. Oh and the cough didn't start until day 7.

Has anyone had extreme, bizarre, frightening nightmares? DD has had them frequently during her bout with Covid, to the point where she dreads sleeping.

Vivid dreams/nightmares can be related to fever.

Ugghhhh! I started symptoms on Jan 2nd and tested positive the next day. I was supposed to go back to work as a face to face teacher today (1/13). But yesterday without Advil or Tylenol, I shivered all day, had bad body aches by the afternoon and a temp of 100.7 last night. So obviously I’m home today. Today I have the sinus headache, neck, shoulders and hips ache and diarrhea. So I’m staying home tomorrow too. School is closed Friday and Monday. I hope by Tuesday 1/19 my symptoms have resolved. That would give me 17 days to heal.

Regarding the nightmares, I've had vivid dreams on and off during my time, but nothing extreme.

Update: DH had to go back to urgent care because he also had classic sinus infection symptoms. They just gave him an antibiotic, didn't even look up his nose since they knew he had COVID lol. DD has had on again off again fever and is only now showing more symptoms. I'm about 95% over it with just congestion and fatigue left. My sense of smell came back on day 12.

DH exposed his sister when he was asymptomatic and she got tested 10 days later. Positive.

I strongly believe that my family and I had it back in mid February, after a non-Disney Orlando trip. But we couldn't be tested then, since it wasn't here. Even if it was here then, they still wouldn't have tested us because of the lack of high fever.

I had a sore throat, low grade (99.6) fever, congestion, cough, loss of smell, headache, extreme fatigue (the steroids I was taking didn't give me any energy) and shortness of breath. I also ended up with vomiting, diarrhea and a heart arrhythmia that I didn't have before or afterward.

I felt bad for a month. I remember complaining that I couldn't seem to get well. My wife had all the main symptoms. When she finally went to the doctor, he though she had pneumonia, but her chest x-rays were clear.

My kids had sore throats, low grade fever and congestion, but that was the limit of their symptoms. They also recovered quicker than we did.

Since then, I have had this weird condition where I smell a strong smoke smell from time to time. Not always, but it will come and go. The first time I smelled it, I thought my house was on fire. It was so strong that I actually went and looked to see if there was any fire. My wife told me later that she also "smells smoke" as well. Neither of us have had this before. I learned from another person that there is a medical name for this condition, and doctors have said that it can be caused by Covid damage to the olfactory nerve.

I tested positive 12/17. On 12/16 I was sent home from work with what my doctor diagnosed over a video visit to be a sinus infection. I had sinus pressure, sinus congestion, and felt like my eyes wanted to cross. Same symptoms I always have with sinus infections. He gave me a Z-pack and advised me to quarantine for 7 days as to not contract COVID on top of it.

The next day, my coworker (who I hadn't seen in at least a week) texted me to tell me that she had the same symptoms and tested positive. I paid a fortune for a private test (my county was backed up 2 plus weeks) that day and found out later on that I was positive.

After a couple of days of annoying sinus pressure but being able to work from home, I developed extreme exhaustion, dizziness, fatigue, periods of severe "brain fog," and palpitations when I change from laying to sitting, or sitting to standing. Doc ordered me out of work until 2/9. These symptoms have not yet begun to subside and Doc says could be 6 months of this.

I noticed one afternoon (Fri) I had a dry cough. Took my temp and was normal. Cough gone next day. Did temp at some point that second day out of curiosity, and it was 99.something. (Sat)
Sunday was fine. Even worked out. Figured nothing. Monday fine most of day with some stuffiness. But I live with allergies.
Tuesday runny nose.
Wednesday runny nose. Hmmm - can’t taste my coffee.
Thursday runny nose and everything tastes weird.
Friday felt fine. A little itchy?
Saturday fine. Then woke at night with intractable pruritus of hands.
sunday fine.
Never got tested - by the time I lost taste was well into it and did not want to start whole fam on quarantine.
blood donation confirmed antibodies afterward.

An update to my husband’s asymptomatic case of covid. His blood pressure has been 110/60 for years, including this fall and last June at two different doctor visits. He suddenly has high blood pressure a month after having covid. From what he was told this isn’t uncommon but there’s no way to know if it’s truly related to covid or just a coincidence.

A local urgent care recommends

Prescription azithromiacin and dextromethasone.

And the following otc supplements

Mucinex, pepcid, b complex vitamins, vitamin c, d, zinc, zyrtec and magnesium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter