Crowds this July

I live 10 minutes from WDW and it has been very hot lately and there is not any relief in site. The last two days felt like 105 and today feels like 103. Rain doesn't mean it gets cooler, sometimes it actually gets muggier lol! Just be prepared for the worst and plan lots of breaks and drink lots of water :-)

For those that recently visited, how were the BTG?

We just got back on the 15th. They were everywhere, but they were never a problem for our family. I never really worry about them in the parks; I more worry about getting a room next to them in the resorts. That's one reason we usually stay deluxe.

Hello All,
We will be heading down end of this week. Will be there from the 20th to 27th. How are the parks looking crowd wise? I know that everyone has said that this summer has been soft for Disney but what are people actually seeing crowd wise? Also, I have been trying to get a lunch reso at BOG with no luck. What are the chances of a spot opening up while we are there if I keep checking? Thanks in adavnce for your help. :)
I was there starting 7/12 and returned last night. Crowds were better than my stays in May and March for sure. There was alot of last minute availability for all the restaurants...inside the 24-48 hour mark..incl BOG and CRT. Just keep checking. I had good luck with Fps too. We always book rather last minute, just a few weeks out, so I never book ADRs or Fps right when they open up. BTGs were everywhere, but they weren't particularly annoying. It was just a problem when you wanted to use the ladies room and they were there first...looonnnggg line.

ETA: I would skip BOG and go to Skipper's Canteen. It was the best meal of my trip. I shared a few apps with DD20. Yum!

We've been here since July 6. Parks haven't been bad with the exception of the Magic Kingdom. We've done what we wanted to do, but have had enough. We've only run into a couple of annoying BTG. We've seen many rude people, and sorry to say, most don't speak English. Lines for food and drinks have been insane. And before anyone says it, yes, I'm aware summer is crowded. Been coming in July for 20 years. We actually are cutting out of Disney 2 days early to head over to Universal. We just did a Universal trip in January so weren't going to go this trip. However, we got a good last minute AP rate at Royal Pacific and grabbed it. Vacation should be somewhat relaxing. I know this won't go over well but Universal with Express is far more relaxing, less stressful and easier than Disney.
Here now since 7/14 & I think MK has just been ridiculous the whole time. Fast pass lines are ridiculous. And the security lines to get into the TTC were outrageous one morning b/c the monorail was down. We are normally are ones to go with the flow & have been during many crowded times including NYE, but with the heat added in, it has been obnoxious.

Here now since 7/14 & I think MK has just been ridiculous the whole time. Fast pass lines are ridiculous. And the security lines to get into the TTC were outrageous one morning b/c the monorail was down. We are normally are ones to go with the flow & have been during many crowded times including NYE, but with the heat added in, it has been obnoxious.

Magic Kingdom has always been my favorite park anywhere, but this trip has all but killed my desire to stay any longer. The lines for the Peoplemover have been wrapped all the way around to Astro Orbiter. Buzz Lightyear fastpass line has been wrapped around ropes back to Monsters Inc. Trying to get a drink or a table to sit and eat at has been an excursion. The other parks have been ok, but MK is just absurd.

I kinda have to agree. We've been all times other than Christmas (been going at least once a year for 15 years) and today/especially tonight with the Villains party adding to an already ridiculously crowded day leaving MK was like something I've never seen. It was completely insane...wall to wall ppl. - and this was around 1030, so a decent amount of time after fireworks and after party had already started. I've gotta say we def. kinda felt ripped off tonight as it was just soo crowded due to the extra party guests. If it were me I def. wouldn't go on a party day. Yesterday at Hollywood Studios it was pretty crowded as well. Epcot on Monday was awesome and Sun. at MK was better than today. It was just crazy.

I am wondering the same thing. My girlfriend and I ate 2 lunches there last Summer and had 3 different entrees and all were good. The braised pork was my favorite but that is now gone and replaced by braised chicken. We will see how that tastes in a couple weeks as my son is getting that so I'm sure I will sample it.
Just wantedto chime in to say my sister and her husband had that today and they both thought it was pretty terrible. - Neither are super picky eaters and my sister was excited to have chicken instead of pork, but honestly it didn't even look like chicken and the portion is VERY small.

Just wantedto chime in to say my sister and her husband had that today and they both thought it was pretty terrible. - Neither are super picky eaters and my sister was excited to have chicken instead of pork, but honestly it didn't even look like chicken and the portion is VERY small.
Well that doesn’t sound great.

I kinda have to agree. We've been all times other than Christmas (been going at least once a year for 15 years) and today/especially tonight with the Villains party adding to an already ridiculously crowded day leaving MK was like something I've never seen. It was completely insane...wall to wall ppl. - and this was around 1030, so a decent amount of time after fireworks and after party had already started. I've gotta say we def. kinda felt ripped off tonight as it was just soo crowded due to the extra party guests. If it were me I def. wouldn't go on a party day. Yesterday at Hollywood Studios it was pretty crowded as well. Epcot on Monday was awesome and Sun. at MK was better than today. It was just crazy.

We had tickets for the party last night, but battled on Tuesday to get our money back. We could just tell it was gonna be mayhem and Disney had no intention of keeping the crowds for the event down so guests could enjoy lower wait times. It's very sad as WDW, and MK specifically has been my happy place for over 30 years. But the crowds, planning and utter lack of empathy from certain CM's has ruined it for me. I won't mention any names but we dealt with a guest relations CM at MK on Tuesday that practically brought my family to tears. Cold, rude, no eye contact, unsympathetic. Sorry for the long winded post. This place means everything to me, and somehow it's all just gotten out of control. So much so that we felt it best to salvage our vacation and leave to go to Universal where we've been treated the way we had become used to being treated at WDW.

Magic Kingdom has always been my favorite park anywhere, but this trip has all but killed my desire to stay any longer. The lines for the Peoplemover have been wrapped all the way around to Astro Orbiter. Buzz Lightyear fastpass line has been wrapped around ropes back to Monsters Inc. Trying to get a drink or a table to sit and eat at has been an excursion. The other parks have been ok, but MK is just absurd.
I agree. That has been my experience this trip too. And with a 14 month old that just makes everything even harder. I don’t expect to be able to ride all the rides in a day with 14 mon old, but I do expect to at least successfully ride the 3 fps rides, but when the lines for the FP are that long, it’s just not possible.

We had tickets for the party last night, but battled on Tuesday to get our money back. We could just tell it was gonna be mayhem and Disney had no intention of keeping the crowds for the event down so guests could enjoy lower wait times. It's very sad as WDW, and MK specifically has been my happy place for over 30 years. But the crowds, planning and utter lack of empathy from certain CM's has ruined it for me. I won't mention any names but we dealt with a guest relations CM at MK on Tuesday that practically brought my family to tears. Cold, rude, no eye contact, unsympathetic. Sorry for the long winded post. This place means everything to me, and somehow it's all just gotten out of control. So much so that we felt it best to salvage our vacation and leave to go to Universal where we've been treated the way we had become used to being treated at WDW.

The only place I have ever experienced poor service from CMs is the MK. We encountered the rudest CM EVER at the Lunching Pad on July 4th. I was speechless.

For those that recently visited, how were the BTG?
My sister and visited 7/11-7/16. Our trip was last-minute by Disney standards so we ended up at MK on a Saturday because that had the best fastpass options for us for some reason. The BTGs were pretty annoying. No, I don't think a group of 100 teens should line up like a train and cover the eyes of the person in front of them, especially in a park as crowded as MK was that day. Things were a lot less crowded in the evening.

We are there August 4 to the 10th. We haven't been to Disney in 7 years and you guys are scaring me. We used to go during the school year but now that our son is 12 we opted for the summer. We have our FPs and will rope drop as much as we can.

Has it changed so much that we are going to hate it?!

We are there August 4 to the 10th. We haven't been to Disney in 7 years and you guys are scaring me. We used to go during the school year but now that our son is 12 we opted for the summer. We have our FPs and will rope drop as much as we can.

It may be more crowded with longer lines, but it's still the Magic Kingdom. Give yourself some downtime and I think you will have a great visit.

You won't hate it. Just know that the MK is ALWAYS busy. Have a good plan and take breaks from that heat. You'll have a great trip!

You won't hate it. Just know that the MK is ALWAYS busy. Have a good plan and take breaks from that heat. You'll have a great trip!

We plan on being at the pool everyday between 1-4 and have ADR at 5. Also, we are planning on spending one day at Blizzard Beach and have tickets for H2O one night. Will also go play mini golf, rent a searay, and will go to the movies as well

Are you a member of touringplans? If so, they have a reservation finder that will text you if your desired reservation becomes available. That's how I got my lunch reservation.

This! The Touring Plans reservation finder has never failed us. Every time we’ve used it, we have gotten the reservation we wanted. I have two BOG for our upcoming August trip thanks to the reservation finder. Just be sure to select a text notification. Once they find something, it usually disappears quickly. You have to click on the link as soon as you get the notification. For me, I don’t check email constantly throughout the day, but I can act on a text immediately since my phone is usually close by.

You may not hate it, but yes, it has changed significantly since you were there last.

We plan on being at the pool everyday between 1-4 and have ADR at 5. Also, we are planning on spending one day at Blizzard Beach and have tickets for H2O one night. Will also go play mini golf, rent a searay, and will go to the movies as well
If you have an ADR at 5, you'll want to be out of the pool by 3 and on your way to your ADR by 4pm at the very latest.

You may not hate it, but yes, it has changed significantly since you were there last.

We hadn't been in 2 years, and we were shocked by the downturn in service. Also, unless you have ADR's, don't bother going to Disney Springs to eat. We literally couldn't move at some points. Utter insanity.

OT, but we got to Universal this morning, went to Islands of Adventure and had the best day of our vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter