Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some people don’t get ROTR ahead of time, they won’t go to DHS at all.

Having ROTR be day of booking only helps ensure that DHS hits capacity daily with the people who want a shot at it.

Disney wants their limited capacity to be full. Not lower than already limited.

This is what is so confusing to me, though.

I thought that was the point? All along, we have been told that the reason Disney is doing what they are doing is precisely because they WANT to discourage people from coming. They don't want people coming. They want to keep the numbers down. I could go through this thread and probably find 100 posts of people saying that exact thing. "Disney is doing x,y,z, fill n the blank, because they want people to cancel. They don't want people coming."

So...do they want people coming or do they not? Because some decisions they have made indicate that they are trying to discourage guests from vacationing there. But, then other decisions make it seem like they are trying to get more people coming in. Which is it, Disney?

So...do they want people coming or do they not? Because some decisions they have made indicate that they are trying to discourage guests from vacationing there. But, then other decisions make it seem like they are trying to get more people coming in. Which is it, Disney?

I think they vastly over estimated the willingness to travel to Florida right now. When they first announced the opening, numbers didn't look nearly as bad as they do now and they were afraid they'd have too many guests to handle. Now, they can see it's not happening. The biggest indicator is the really significant AP discount they're offering- if they had the numbers they needed, we wouldn't be seeing a discount.

I suggest we refrain from discussing different YouTube channels. I know there is a lot of excitement today. The Dis is their own source and has their own YouTube channel(s). I have no problem with sharing pieces of info from sources but discussing who does what and who likes what YouTube channels is not a discussion for here.

I suggest we refrain from discussing different YouTube channels. I know there is a lot of excitement today. The Dis is their own source and has their own YouTube channel(s). I have no problem with sharing pieces of info from sources but discussing who does what and who likes what YouTube channels is not a discussion for here.

😐 sorry bout it

All the vlogs I have seen the last week may have a few seconds of the vlogger in their car and then poof they are going through security. I would like to know every detail about the experience of driving to the park, the wait in the car line, the start time for entry into the parking lot, the walk to the TTC, the time going through security, the wait time for ferry or monorail, etc. It's important information for planning the beginning of the day.
Both times i went this week to mk they opened the lot lot at 8am, then they hold the cars in several spots before starting to park them. Both times i was first (after having to circle around) on the roll plaza lane, temp check was fast followed by bag check. On monorail and ferry around 8:30ish. Park opened already when i arrived.
They are using the parking as the first step to social distance and scatter people's entrance

This is what is so confusing to me, though.

I thought that was the point? All along, we have been told that the reason Disney is doing what they are doing is precisely because they WANT to discourage people from coming. They don't want people coming. They want to keep the numbers down. I could go through this thread and probably find 100 posts of people saying that exact thing. "Disney is doing x,y,z, fill n the blank, because they want people to cancel. They don't want people coming."

Disney has established a capacity for each park they are comfortable with and that they deem would not be a loss. As a business, you would want to hit the maximum of your limited park capacity. My post was only addressing a specific issue - why they would use a day of virtual queue for ROTR at DHS.

This is unrelated, but DHS right now is going to be such a tough park for families with young kids without the shows and M&G. MMRR and TSM are the only 2 rides without a height restriction. 2 rides! Even AS2 has a restriction (it’s low, but a restriction.) The littlest ones will just be rider switched most of the day. I hope there is some fun pop up entertainment for them.

Last edited:
Ther hand sanitizers were great BUT they take too long to dispense at the end of the rides and it causes backups. They need more post-ride to avoid people tripping over each other/waiting right next to one another for sanitizer.
There was sanitizer everywhere outside of the rides, but only one at the exit of the queues and they dispense slowly and a tiny amount. Disney needs to add a couple more at the exit to prevent a back up of people using them.

So, is using the sanitizer required? If so, can one use their own personal hand sanitizer instead? I have seen several people mention having an allergy and I would prefer to use my own anyway.

Was watching a friend on Facebook live streaming from MK and noticed several different groups take their masks off for pictures

Did that get determined if that was allowed? - I thought I had read masks were to stay on for pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter