Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA players watching Stacey on the resort TV is somehow, weirdly, the best thing I’ve seen this week

There's a LOT to unpack in that picture, the Donald Duck varsity jacket on the chair, the trophies on the top shelf with a horse's back half, just awesome :)

I think the majority of people will be PLANNING to be there at rope drop, but I have a feeling, a lot are going to be delayed actually getting in by 10. The way they were holding cars at the TTC this week, I suspect that's their main strategy from keeping thousands from packing in at the turnstiles for 30-45 minutes beforehand. Add in the people waiting on bus transportation when the buses keep filling up quickly with the limited passengers they can hold, and I can suspect a lot of people intending to get there by 10, won't be in the park at that time.

Can you just imagine if they were holding cars from parking at 9:45 and they only gave out VQ passes right at 10:00. It would get ugly fast with people getting out of their cars and screaming at the workers. It may anyway, but at least the pressure is off a little bit now.
Someone is going to try bringing an amphicar and dock it since the friendship boats aren't running... talk about valet service!

Yes, I would imagine the NBA food tweets and probably Rajon Rondo's critique of his room were difficult for Disney to digest as they are a company that micro-manages (and that's an understatement) their PR and communications. I don't know how you avoid that though. NBA players are known for speaking their minds and other than the Lopez brothers, I don't think many of them are die-hard Disney fans. From what I've seen over the last few days, however, the tweets, reports and posts have become far more positive (Mavs holding a dance party on their GF balconies, Luka and Boban drawing Mickey heads, Meyers Leonard posting his Mickey waffle breakfast, Robin Lopez tweeting from his room watching the must-do's). Disney must be loving that stuff! I know I am!
I hope they don't change anything based on Rajon's tweets. Every time I've seen something mentioned with him he's angry or frustrated about something in life. Must be a horrible way to live when you're blessed to get paid playing a game you love.

You might try the masks at Vera Bradley in DS (you can also order them). They seem to run a little bigger than some of the other masks I’ve seen.

Mental note: don't let family in Vera Bradley store. We've blown our decade budget on washable pandemic masks already!

It's beautiful - we went last summer and wished we had stayed there instead of their version of the Yacht Club resort. Quite a bit more expensive though, but after seeing it we agreed that it would have been worth paying extra for.
We've stayed in all the main onsite hotels (although HNY pre Marvelification) and actually liked Newport Bay the best which I presume you mean. Its all down to personal preference though, I love them all except santa fe. They'd need to pay me to stay at santa fe again!

I've really been enjoying Dev's videos - he has great charisma and also relays all of the important info that people need to know before going. I also loved Adam the Woo's vlog from the AP day. You could tell how genuinely excited he was to be there - said he could barely sleep the night before due to his excitement, then stayed from rope drop to park close. In contrast, Tim seemed less than enthused to be there, arrived at noon and left a few hours later. I think he and Jenn are also much more cautious with the virus which is very understandable. He wouldn't do any indoor rides or the indoor "relaxation station" which I think is wise. I was really surprised that Disney has an indoor area with AC for people to relax in with their masks off. That would be a big nope for me, no matter how hot it is outside.

Don’t know if allowed to ask in this forum but I’m not in the loop on these vloggers you mention… I.e. Dev etc. Does anyone have links?

We've stayed in all the main onsite hotels (although HNY pre Marvelification) and actually liked Newport Bay the best which I presume you mean. Its all down to personal preference though, I love them all except santa fe. They'd need to pay me to stay at santa fe again!

We liked Newport Bay (couldn't remember the name offhand) and the remodeled HNY looks like it will be really nice, but after roaming around inside their DL Hotel and also seeing how much less walking we'd have to do to get back to our room every day, we were definitely wishing we'd stayed there. Maybe next time!

Don’t know if allowed to ask in this forum but I’m not in the loop on these vloggers you mention… I.e. Dev etc. Does anyone have links?

Search for Prince Charming Dev on YouTube - he was a CP a few years ago and started his channel back then. It's grown tremendously in recent months with about 80k subscribers now. He's fun to watch and does a good job relaying important info. Adam the Woo and The Tim Tracker are other channels to check out. They've been around for years and have hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

ResortTV1 livestream at MK should be starting in about half an hour. Looking forward to seeing what the crowd levels are like today compared to the preview days.

Line for temp check at TTC is all the way back to the handicap section of the parking lot.
This may a secondary reason why the resort "reservation bucket" is open but the other two are closed. Resort guests aren't temped at TTC, so it spreads out the intake to multiple places. The limit could very well be what they could handle at TTC without it getting too overwhelming.

All the vlogs I have seen the last week may have a few seconds of the vlogger in their car and then poof they are going through security. I would like to know every detail about the experience of driving to the park, the wait in the car line, the start time for entry into the parking lot, the walk to the TTC, the time going through security, the wait time for ferry or monorail, etc. It's important information for planning the beginning of the day.

All the vlogs I have seen the last week may have a few seconds of the vlogger in their car and then poof they are going through security. I would like to know every detail about the experience of driving to the park, the wait in the car line, the start time for entry into the parking lot, the walk to the TTC, the time going through security, the wait time for ferry or monorail, etc. It's important information for planning the beginning of the day.

You’re not likely to see filming of security. It’s heavily frowned upon and most of these folks are thirsty for media credentials or to keep those they have.

This may a secondary reason why the resort "reservation bucket" is open but the other two are closed. Resort guests aren't temped at TTC, so it spreads out the intake to multiple places. The limit could very well be what they could handle at TTC without it getting too overwhelming.
So they take your temp at the resort before you get on the bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter