Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm filling out my informatio now. I know when I got it since I have that in my bank records but not sure what the credit card number was at the time. I think I found it but not 100% sure. So we'll see what happens.

Didnt even know this was a thing. I knew they were no longer going to be free, but I didnt know there was a “founders” program. Usually my other charging brick lasts me the entire day, but I always bring my fuel rod as a backup, and occasionally use it when I forget to charge my other device the night before. Its not the best at charging, but it does enough and swapping them out takes no longer than 15 minutes even if you’re on the other side of the park from where the location of the machine is

I'm hoping this is the Disney Springs equivalent of bus driver rumors. Or maybe the server's name was Sven?

I keep my email pretty clean so I think that receipt is LONG gone :\ Hopefully they can verify me through my cards. I had to take a wild guess on which month I purchased it in... I visit a lot some years 🤣

She's just posting DMs she's getting from people who (supposedly) work at these places. None of this is actually verified.

I am stuck on this: why would they get rid of luggage delivery?
It’s for arrival after 7/13 meaning they do it now and obviously have some sort of protocol.
Doesn’t everyone coming on DME then dropping luggage at front desk/bell service negate any benefits from the nearly-mandatory online check in?
What am I missing with this particular change?
Potential reasons I can think of are cost to Disney and/or issues distancing the employees.

Did the rain scare everybody away? Seems much lighter than this morning.
Just got this push notification on my phone. This is why the crowds are disappearing at Disney. I wasn’t lying when I said “Guys, it’s HOT” 😉

ETA: it says 110* F heat index just FYI

There's a heat wave ("heat dome") that just started today and will last several weeks. Even by summer standards, it will be incredibly hot, rainy and humid pretty much everywhere in the USA. Ya'll be careful out there. Take lots of breaks and stop for fluids (to the side of course, no walking and drinking).

The upside is that every afternoon should be fairly empty, as most guests won't be able to handle it - with or without masks.

They do have a team. The incredi-crew. I would imagine they didn’t expect to have to patrol bathrooms.
LOL! Well, we haven't heard much from the Incredi-Crew. Are they patrolling around? Asking guests to cover their noses? Asking guests to pull to the side to drink/eat? What about in the queues?

FWIW.. take this info with a big grain of salt. I just ran through her twitter feed... when anyone questioned her sources or the integrity of the info she is posting they were basically told to F off. That her sources were reporting to her anonymously — anonymous sources who won’t go on record is questionable. While some are probably legitimate, others could simply have an axe to grind.

She says she has now turned off her phone, doesn’t want to deal anymore.

Another suggestion, you may want to look into buying "soap leaves" (ok, might be overkill, I know!). They are little, individual pocket soaps. I bought some for the trip-that-never-was in March just in case the bathrooms ran out of soap (though based on recent posts in seems there are some in the parks that are "saving" soap for you . . . ) or if the soap dispensers aren't touchless.
I saw those too. I figured the wet ones scrubbing our hands would be good enough . But I just might buy some. Thanks for the suggestion.

FWIW.. take this info with a big grain of salt. I just ran through her twitter feed... when anyone questioned her sources or the integrity of the info she is posting they were basically told to F off. That her sources were reporting to her anonymously — anonymous sources who won’t go on record is questionable. While some are probably legitimate, others could simply have an axe to grind.

She also singled out Uniqlo which did in fact close back down for a bit and recently just reopened.

"Water"craft ... "Fluid" situation.

Well played
Unintentional but I’ll take it, my friend!

Regarding Carlye’s photo: the situation at MK Park Arrival this morning has been described by a number of CMs at both the Polynesian and MK with the following words: “crazy,” “uneven,” and “a lot” amongst others. One can hope that today being official reopening attracted a lot of people who wanted to be “first back in” at 9am. That said, given the current situation with limited park hours, I don’t think things will likely be significantly different. Right now, (and I know this goes against everting these Boards stand for lol) I’d strongly advise people to delay their arrival. I woke up at 9:15am, made some toast and coffee in my villa (not a big breakfast person), showered, and was on my way and arrived around 10:15 or so. I didn’t have to wait to enter the park and still have been able to enjoy relatively low waits (though a bit higher than what we’ve seen but my understanding is that some rides are experiencing some operational challenges today). Here was Main Street at about 10:30am:

B20D5805-3D1F-4E75-A52C-F4CFFDAFAF7E.jpeg1C76D9B0-F6EC-47D2-9E6D-28B7E4643EA2.jpeg

And here is Main Street just before 3pm:

BB992E46-2C37-4FAE-8750-E3A04332A301.jpeg

Interestingly enough, it seems that waits have died down significantly this afternoon (which is sort of the inverse of traditional crowd patterns). It’s possible that with the shorter wait times (and shorter park hours), more Guests are showing up early and leaving earlier since they have no incentive (like fireworks) to keep them around. It could also be that today attracted a lot of locals/bloggers who are running back to their hotel rooms and homes to edit all the photos and videos they took today. We’ll see, but I do think there’s been a shift in Guest traffic patterns. Also, with these new crowd patterns, it seems the posted waits are a little more off than usual. Most have been overestimated but there have been a few cases where they underestimated the wait. I’ve been told they’re still trying to figure out the best way to gage wait times with the new queue set ups and the changes in ride capacity, so that make take some time to adjust.

ETA: if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

True.

Although the way several places have closed and reopened on DS suggests there probably have been issues generally there.

Emphasis on YOU. Why don't people take a little responsibility for themselves, come on now Disney is not your mommy, daddy, or grandparents. You are not 3 years old where you can't make informed decisions.
There has to be a point when some personal responsibility is taken.
You are 1000% correct. But some people won’t. Unfortunately it’s just another reason I can’t travel during a pandemic...

Didnt even know this was a thing. I knew they were no longer going to be free, but I didnt know there was a “founders” program.

It’s new - it’s their response to the class action lawsuit. You have to have proof of purchase before the end of October 2019 and apply to be recognized as a founder with that proof. Once they verify you’re eligible you get grandfathered in with the free swaps via a QR code on the app that you’ll have to show at the machines. I first saw an article about it on The Dis yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter