Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
She also singled out Uniqlo which did in fact close back down for a bit and recently just reopened.

When I clicked through her tweet on closed shops (posted yesterday) her info seemed to be from an article several weeks ago when Uniqlo was closed- she didn’t seem to know it had reopened. Like I said... grain of salt.

I have either accepted my fate and gotten wet, or planned to get to one of the relaxation zones before everyone else does so far. Thats one place you know for a fact they won’t let it more people than they are allowed.
I have little doubt you would handle it well and be very sensible in how you proceed. Hoping you have only sunny skies!

I hate to say this but I think they’re used to it. If WDW had been open before the surge in cases I’m sure they would have been blamed. There seems to be a sort of antagonistic attitude towards Disney from the media in Florida. They’re a strong company and will survive on their mainly solid reputation. There are always those who try to drag Disney down but they have a loyal fan base which will get them through these tough times.

... “from media everywhere.”

Fixed it 😉

Wow...this is just going to be part of the new normal. Like I’ve been saying the virus is prevalent right now in the state of FLA. There are some who are not concerned about getting it. There are some who think it will magically stay out of their way. But it’s there. And the worst part is you are powerless to know who has it and it takes a second to transmit and weeks to see the full scope of an outbreak.

I guess bottom line is you have to reconcile yourself to the fact that you will more than likely be exposed. If you are ok with that go right ahead. But bear in mind who you could pass it to, who they could pass it to and quarantine after if you go...

Wow...this is just going to be part of the new normal. Like I’ve been saying the virus is prevalent right now in the state of FLA. There are some who are not concerned about getting it. There are some who think it will magically stay out of their way. But it’s there. And the worst part is you are powerless to know who has it and it takes a second to transmit and weeks to see the full scope of an outbreak.

I guess bottom line is you have to reconcile yourself to the fact that you will more than likely be exposed. If you are ok with that go right ahead. But bear in mind who you could pass it to, who they could pass it to and quarantine after if you go...

I'm sure everyone (well, most) going anywhere has thought of this and made their own, personal choice as to what they are comfortable with.

And we should all respect that choice.

Unless it was a stupid, reckless choice...then no, don't respect it!
:D

Unintentional but I’ll take it, my friend!

Regarding Carlye’s photo: the situation at MK Park Arrival this morning has been described by a number of CMs at both the Polynesian and MK with the following words: “crazy,” “uneven,” and “a lot” amongst others. One can hope that today being official reopening attracted a lot of people who wanted to be “first back in” at 9am. That said, given the current situation with limited park hours, I don’t think things will likely be significantly different. Right now, (and I know this goes against everting these Boards stand for lol) I’d strongly advise people to delay their arrival. I woke up at 9:15am, made some toast and coffee in my villa (not a big breakfast person), showered, and was on my way and arrived around 10:15 or so. I didn’t have to wait to enter the park and still have been able to enjoy relatively low waits (though a bit higher than what we’ve seen but my understanding is that some rides are experiencing some operational challenges today). Here was Main Street at about 10:30am:

View attachment 508703View attachment 508704

And here is Main Street just before 3pm:

View attachment 508706

Interestingly enough, it seems that waits have died down significantly this afternoon (which is sort of the inverse of traditional crowd patterns). It’s possible that with the shorter wait times (and shorter park hours), more Guests are showing up early and leaving earlier since they have no incentive (like fireworks) to keep them around. It could also be that today attracted a lot of locals/bloggers who are running back to their hotel rooms and homes to edit all the photos and videos they took today. We’ll see, but I do think there’s been a shift in Guest traffic patterns. Also, with these new crowd patterns, it seems the posted waits are a little more off than usual. Most have been overestimated but there have been a few cases where they underestimated the wait. I’ve been told they’re still trying to figure out the best way to gage wait times with the new queue set ups and the changes in ride capacity, so that make take some time to adjust.

ETA: if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
How was resort transportation? Any long waits?

I'm hoping this is the Disney Springs equivalent of bus driver rumors.

Yeah, who knows if all of those specific accounts are accurate. But ... cast members, team members and employees will definitely get it and it’s naive to think otherwise.

Whether they pick it up from someone at work or elsewhere in their lives, they’ll go to work without knowing they have it. No getting around that. Hopefully places will at least be diligent about ensuring sick employees don’t come by implementing and following through with a good sick policy.

Its probably prevalent everywhere right now to be honest. Pretty sure anytime anyone goes anywhere, there's a chance they will be exposed. You are 100 percent right about who you can pass it on to. If you're going, of course be smart, and don't visit older people, and people with commodities after the trip.

I also find it hard to believe all of the Staff was infected and STK was like no big deal stay open, not to mention taking an opinion from someone on twitter who's cursing at the world for their opinions and telling everyone to you know what. " Sources "

How was resort transportation? Any long waits?
From Polynesian, there was no wait at all at 10am. Temperature check and bag check are both being done at the Great Ceremonial House. Note that because of this, you cannot cross from Moana Mercantile to Kona Cafe by passing by the monorail station. You have to go the other way, and it will stay that way all day (even after park is closed). On the monorail, they have gone ahead with the plan we discussed earlier this week: each party stays seated on opposite sides of the car. There was a stroller in our car and that stroller was pushed up against the party’s bench/side. The monorail (enclosed space with another group) made me a bit nervous, but there’s no way around it at this point. Again, if you’re okay with one hour of less park time, your arrival will be so much easier in the morning.

I’ll let you know about bus transport tomorrow.

There are hand washing stations but in areas where a restroom might be far away, i mean, common sense if you're close to a restroom or used the restroom you wash your hands there
Also, because pictures can be deceiving, there are handwashing stations but during my 4 hours at MK on Thursday I did not encounter a single one. So for those coming thinking they will be all over the place, they aren't. It was easier for us to find a restroom than it was to find a hand-washing station.

The thing with the possible Disney Springs incidents is they just close, staff quarantine for a while and then reopen. All self contained and workable (ignoring lack of contact tracing on guests of course....)

But in the parks.... I guess there is little they can do other than carry on as normal?

Also, because pictures can be deceiving, there are handwashing stations but during my 4 hours at MK on Thursday I did not encounter a single one. So for those coming thinking they will be all over the place, they aren't. It was easier for us to find a restroom than it was to find a hand-washing station.

Based on your experience with the crowd levels, or anyone who was there today

Anyone see fireworks being a socially distanced option?

We arrive 7/20. Not sure if this has been posted, but are they offering preferred parking at the parks? I did ask on the Transportation Board a couple days ago but no answer.

Unintentional but I’ll take it, my friend!

Regarding Carlye’s photo: the situation at MK Park Arrival this morning has been described by a number of CMs at both the Polynesian and MK with the following words: “crazy,” “uneven,” and “a lot” amongst others. One can hope that today being official reopening attracted a lot of people who wanted to be “first back in” at 9am. That said, given the current situation with limited park hours, I don’t think things will likely be significantly different. Right now, (and I know this goes against everting these Boards stand for lol) I’d strongly advise people to delay their arrival. I woke up at 9:15am, made some toast and coffee in my villa (not a big breakfast person), showered, and was on my way and arrived around 10:15 or so. I didn’t have to wait to enter the park and still have been able to enjoy relatively low waits (though a bit higher than what we’ve seen but my understanding is that some rides are experiencing some operational challenges today). Here was Main Street at about 10:30am:

View attachment 508703View attachment 508704

And here is Main Street just before 3pm:

View attachment 508706

Interestingly enough, it seems that waits have died down significantly this afternoon (which is sort of the inverse of traditional crowd patterns). It’s possible that with the shorter wait times (and shorter park hours), more Guests are showing up early and leaving earlier since they have no incentive (like fireworks) to keep them around. It could also be that today attracted a lot of locals/bloggers who are running back to their hotel rooms and homes to edit all the photos and videos they took today. We’ll see, but I do think there’s been a shift in Guest traffic patterns. Also, with these new crowd patterns, it seems the posted waits are a little more off than usual. Most have been overestimated but there have been a few cases where they underestimated the wait. I’ve been told they’re still trying to figure out the best way to gage wait times with the new queue set ups and the changes in ride capacity, so that make take some time to adjust.

ETA: if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
Thanks for this! My husband also thanks you for me not rushing him through his morning cup of coffee to be first in the park 🤣

I'm sure everyone (well, most) going anywhere has thought of this and made their own, personal choice as to what they are comfortable with.

And we should all respect that choice.

Unless it was a stupid, reckless choice...then no, don't respect it!
:D
Sure. I geyou. And I respect everyone’s choices And for the most part I’m respectful with those I disagree with on risk assessment.

only thing I take issue with is people who work overtime to deny reality of the current spread of the infection. I do not pay attention to the number of cases but the % of positive from those tested. Also FLA is just now beginning to report hospitalization #s, so we will see how those go. But I am reading that icus are getting crowded

So if you decide to go I wish you only the best with hopes all of these troubles avoid you. But I have a hard time when people try to shame me for pointing out very real reality of rising cases in FLA or other states...

Ok, I’m not a basketball person (baseball and football are my preferences) but this NBA/WDW content is honestly making my day. :rotfl: Matisse Thybulle has started vlogging his bubble experience. He’s staying at the Grand, for anyone who wants to see the other side of the blue fence.

This is the type of stuff I was hoping to see out of this NBA experience (not to be confused with the terrible NBA experience at DS). More players documenting the bubble, please

They are a plain gray, i walked past 2 and only after did i realize they were there. One is by thes train station opposite ro the restrooms and another was by buzz and one in liberty square. Those are the ones i saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter