Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if she doesn’t have COVID she should be in a hospital and not a park. That is one group I am glad I am not a member of.
What group is she talking about and who are these people? They should be shamed. Covid or not you don’t go to the parks sick. And how could they know it’s not covid?

Edit: seems we’ve moved on, sorry!

Last edited:
I just received a voicemail message in my room at the Poly. Of note, resort watercraft will not be running tomorrow, which is different from today.

I kinda thought it would be too good to be true before when they had the other voicemail. Those boats are so tiny, distancing would be a real problem. I hope they figure out a way to make it feasible though, I love those little boats.

I respect her decision to leave and that she was uncomfortable.

That said, I personally would not have felt uncomfortable in the situation that was shown in the video. It seemed people were able to walk quite easily. But maybe there was more I didn't see.
I respect Carlye's decision, too. (as well as your comfort level). I also think it's responsible of journalists to show the good and the bad. Carlye and Craig/Denny at previews have been honest about what they are encountering in the parks. I personally would have been uncomfortable in that line Carlye showed. There was no social distancing in that line.

Update on the DPP Availability Calendar:
-Ticket guests can't get into HS until July 22
-Resort guests can't get into HS until July 26
-APs can't get into HS until August 20😱

Dang that is bad.

Can I say again how unacceptable a “bonus” month is as an extra? Also the people who bought Platinum Plus passes who are seemingly not getting anything for no water park access at all? I don’t think they are at least.

I respect Carlye's decision, too. (as well as your comfort level). I also think it's responsible of journalists to show the good and the bad. Carlye and Craig/Denny at previews have been honest about what they are encountering in the parks. I personally would have been uncomfortable in that line Carlye showed. There was no social distancing in that line.

I didn't say she shouldn't have posted that. :confused3

What group is she talking about and who are these people? They should be shamed. Covid or not you don’t go to the parks sick. And how could they know it’s not covid?
They can’t know. And this is the problem. I’m sure there are other people feeling under the weather that did not broadcast it to the world. And whatever the safety precautions in place the first line of every safety manual is if you are sick don’t come. So if the medical pros at WDW suggested she get to an ER and she stayed that is unacceptable. So to my earlier point if you are going this is a risk you have to accept
Should WDW have the ability to eject people they judge as sick?

How can someone from Texas go to Disney right now but people from NY are basically banned unless they stay in Florida for more than 2 weeks?? When Texas has 10Kcases and NY has not even 1K
I think an issue with reporting overall is that no state I’ve seen is differentiating between total cases and current cases. All states’ numbers would likely be very different if those who recovered were removed from the tally.

But, will they have same-day tickets? That's the question.

Am i misunderstanding what the same day tickets were this morning? Weren’t they subject to the bucket having availability, so someone could have purchased that same ticket online instead of at the booth? Why was it surprising that they were available, was the MK sold out for the tickets but no resort stay bucket, but buying at the booth still gave access?

Not necessarily asking you specifically but your post reminded me.

They can’t know. And this is the problem. I’m sure there are other people feeling under the weather that did not broadcast it to the world. And whatever the safety precautions in place the first line of every safety manual is if you are sick don’t come. So if the medical pros at WDW suggested she get to an ER and she stayed that is unacceptable. So to my earlier point if you are going this is a risk you have to accept
Should WDW have the ability to eject people they judge as sick?

I think at this time WDW has the right to remove anyone showing overt signs of illness.

Headaches are a different story.

At least for myself I would fully expect the burden of proving I did not have Covid to be my responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter