Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long have you all been able to stay in the parks before surrendering to go back to the resort? I'm a Floridian and we surrendered after 4 hours. I'm pretty confident the heat is the reason the parks are somewhat empty, because the capacity is set for the day and if everyone just spends a few hours each then the parks will always seem a bit empty. Orlando was another 104*F heat index today.
Is the current heat abnormal? I’ve been down a few times during summer and it always feels that hot. One day was a real feel of 110!

How long have you all been able to stay in the parks before surrendering to go back to the resort? I'm a Floridian and we surrendered after 4 hours. I'm pretty confident the heat is the reason the parks are somewhat empty, because the capacity is set for the day and if everyone just spends a few hours each then the parks will always seem a bit empty. Orlando was another 104*F heat index today.
I spend open to close on cm preview but that was taking at least 2 1 hour breaks in the relaxation area, and 2 30 min breaks to eat, once inside the plaza, and not doing anyt attractions that had any type of wait.
It's dangerously hot, i take salt pills, tons of water, a cooling towel and an uv umbrella

Hoping this means they’ll allow for earlier check in during this period so people can drop bags and get out of the lobby ASAP. Otherwise that’s a whole lot of CM/guest interaction.

I’m sure it’s a cost cutting measure for now. And for safety of their employees.
Apparently it is a Mears cost-saving measure? That's what someone just messaged me..

NOT excited to wait at MCO to check in my luggage.. 😓

Is the current heat abnormal? I’ve been down a few times during summer and it always feels that hot. One day was a real feel of 110!

I do feel like July has been more humid than usual. It's always hot, but I don't remember last June/July being this bad.

I feel like this summer we've also had a lot more severe thunderstorms than normal. Yes, FL is known for their afternoon thunderstorms, but the ones we've seem to be getting every single day have been worse than your avg thunderstorm.

So... no Magical Express luggage services soon. Basically everyone is going to need to visit the desk now to drop their luggage with bell services. This seems counterproductive to me... I am sure that it is financially based, but what are your thoughts?

I'm sure money had something to do with it, but I'm not sure if it's Disney, Mears, the airlines, MCO or all of them that played the primary role in the decision. Disney having significantly fewer resorts opened and very few guests probably hurt the viability of it too. Also having less cast member's in people's rooms makes some sense even if it's not a perfect solution.

I'm sure there where a lot of factors that played into their decision, but I'm really hopeful that it comes back next year. It's such a nice service. Personally, I'm driving this time so it's not that big of a deal for me in 2020, but it's like one of my favorite things about staying at a Disney Resort.

We had an interesting experience at Restaurantosaurus today at noon. It was not busy. We ordered at the register to get the TIW discount. (BTW, the CM who was managing today told us that they have been asking IT to add TIW to mobile ordering.)

We got our food very quickly, picked up our drinks, and sat in the dining area to the right, just outside of the camper dining area.

There was a party of 10 plus people seated a few tables away. One member of that party decided to get into a full-on COVID-19 argument with some of his companions. He was yelling at them.

One CM looked like he wanted to ask the guy to stop, but the CM did not intervene. Other diners in the room looked shocked, just as we were.

After two minutes of listening to his rant, we loaded all of our food back onto the trays and moved to the camper room. We could still hear his voice, but not the specifics.

I didn’t want to hear that argument while on a family vacation. It’s WDW, folks. Leave the hot takes at home.

Also, did I mention that it’s hot here?
Every time we eat there now, we reminisce about the time we saw a guy throw a whole tray of food and drinks into the wall! It was raining and he was arguing with some woman who had a full table of people with no food since there were no empty tables. All of a sudden, the tray of like 4 meals and drinks, sails through the air and into the wall near the CM cleaning closet, then he slams into the door and exits. I felt awful for the CM that had to clean it up!

I was not trying to break any rules. I cannot believe that the are those so negative that they immediately think the worst. I asked the question because sometimes Disney says that you can’t do something and when you go to MDE you actually can. I have had that happen in the past, including as recently as last week. Here, I was thinking Disney would want people to go to Epcot at night even though they have said no park hopping so I was wondering if any or some AP resort guest could make a second reservation. It would be Disney’s opportunity to try something and see if it was manageable. While they are not selling park hoppers, Disney could work around their new no park hopping policy using APs that have already paid for park hopping as their trial. Please don’t immediately think the worst of people.

While I don’t think just asking the question breaks any rules, right now the rule is one park per day and so far as I have seen, both as an AP and having a couple resort stays booked, the system won’t allow it. To be honest, with the booths and construction at Epcot, I wouldn’t want them to do it right now since there isn’t as much room to spread out. I do think when the virus is better controlled and better treatments are found, that park hopping will come back and may come back to Epcot first, since that park is open the latest. But for now, I agree with the one park per day that Disney has set. If people want an evening activity, make dinner reservations at DS or a leisurely dinner at a resort restaurant, which leaves your park time free for attractions right up to close. I know a lot of people like hopping over to Epcot for dinner, but like the parades and fireworks and live shows, we just have to wait a while for that to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter