Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long have you all been able to stay in the parks before surrendering to go back to the resort? I'm a Floridian and we surrendered after 4 hours. I'm pretty confident the heat is the reason the parks are somewhat empty, because the capacity is set for the day and if everyone just spends a few hours each then the parks will always seem a bit empty. Orlando was another 104*F heat index today.
I did a 4 mile practice hike with a mask on today. It was 104*heat index in SC today as well. It really wasn't as awful as I thought that it would be, and there shouldn't be any occasion at WDW where it would require that anyone need to walk that far without sitting/riding/being in air conditioning for a bit. I'm planning on about 4 hours a day.

Did I miss something...just read a story on the DIS saying new annual passes have been halted as of Sunday afternoon. Were they on sale this morning...I thought they haven’t been on sale for awhile and you can only renew an existing one. Unfortunately I have Gold AP and DH does not. Still trying to figure out what to do. But I have been constantly monitoring the boards, Disney’s website and the DVC and haven’t seen anything on a new AP. I was hoping when park tickets went on sale for 2020 that would include APs. No such luck🙁.

Did I miss something...just read a story on the DIS saying new annual passes have been halted as of Sunday afternoon. Were they on sale this morning...I thought they haven’t been on sale for awhile and you can only renew an existing one. Unfortunately I have Gold AP and DH does not. Still trying to figure out what to do. But I have been constantly monitoring the boards, Disney’s website and the DVC and haven’t seen anything on a new AP. I was hoping when park tickets went on sale for 2020 that would include APs. No such luck🙁.
The place that shall not be named says they were for sale at guest services yesterday but not today.

I did a 4 mile practice hike with a mask on today. It was 104*heat index in SC today as well. It really wasn't as awful as I thought that it would be, and there shouldn't be any occasion at WDW where it would require that anyone need to walk that far without sitting/riding/being in air conditioning for a bit. I'm planning on about 4 hours a day.
We went on about a three-mile hike as a family yesterday with masks on. It wasn't as bad as I thought either. Temp here was 94 with a heat index over 100 too. It certainly makes you feel a bit hotter in a mask but by the end of it I wasn't nearly as bothered as I thought I would be. We were going at a pretty fast pace, too. Certainly faster than we plan to walk in the parks. It went well -- I'm encouraged!

That’s definitely some good practice. I have been playing rounds of golf with my mask on for the past few weeks to get more used to it.

I have never found it overly difficult to keep mine on for long periods of time while out in the course.

I'm sure this was asked and answered 100 pages or so ago, but... How do we think Disney feels about opening weekend? Less than anticipated? If crowds remain exceptionally low like this, what do you think they will do? Ex. increase capacity/sell more tickets, announce a sudden price increase, cut hours/attractions?

I’m also anxiously waiting for sales of APs to resume. We have trips planned for September, December, and April. An AP is a better value for us, even without park hopping.

I'm sure this was asked and answered 100 pages or so ago, but... How do we think Disney feels about opening weekend? Less than anticipated? If crowds remain exceptionally low like this, what do you think they will do? Ex. increase capacity/sell more tickets, announce a sudden price increase, cut hours/attractions?
There isnt enough demand now for capacity so no point increasing capacity.

I can't see price increases helping either!

So I think significant cuts are coming...

@yulilin3- were you at Uni today? How was it? Looked like the wait times were pretty high according to the app. I was thinking they would be dead bc of Disney‘s opening days, but it doesn’t look that way.

BTW thanks for your reports and live streams- they are very helpful and enjoyable! 🤗

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter