Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This room has been talked about as a possible distancing problem on here for weeks, if not a couple of months. You’d think if that crossed our minds, it would for Disney and they would have been on top of it as soon as they opened up. Apparently not.

Or they determined they didn't need to? Or they are figuring it out now? Honestly I thought they would just go with much fewer people per group - maybe they adjust that going fory

D95D931A-D2FB-488B-A1B8-DCF134B45BAA.jpeg

I thought maybe the line was going backstage because most of the people in the parks are CMs so you dont really need to keep them from going backstage, but it looks like the markers on the floor are set up back there, which means the general public will likely be going backstage for this queue as well

That’s so crazy to me. I thought the big things would be gone over so carefully, over and over and practiced by CMs to ensure distancing. They would also have extra CMs on hand to guide traffic. Also, guests would be extra alert as well.

I thought the very small attractions, little nooks or shops would be the most problematic, because they would rely on guests or assume they aren’t popular enough or just overlooked.

ROR, 7DMT and guest services are all ones they should have known better on. I know many of you are willing to let them work at the hiccups and I am too to some extent, but I see them getting absolutely slammed for not anticipating better on their newest and biggest ride.

That’s so crazy to me. I thought the big things would be gone over so carefully, over and over and practiced by CMs to ensure distancing. They would also have extra CMs on hand to guide traffic. Also, guests would be extra alert as well.

I thought the very small attractions, little nooks or shops would be the most problematic, because they would rely on guests or assume they aren’t popular enough.

ROR, 7DMT and guest services are all ones they should have known better on. I know many of you are willing to let them work at the hiccups and I am too to some extent, but I see them getting absolutely slammed for not anticipating better on their newest and biggest ride.

How many of us have ever seen MK guest services that busy? Okay I’m sure now there will be 18 people quoting this to say they have 😂, but that one was IMO really bad luck with the magic band glitches and they dealt with it immediately.

7DMT was for all we know a 10 second occurrence and we would have known if it remained problematic past that one picture.

RotR does seem short sighted but I bet they’ll have it worked out after today, that’s what these previews are for.

I thought the very small attractions, little nooks or shops would be the most problematic, because they would rely on guests or assume they aren’t popular enough or just overlooked.

That's what this is. They're likely using the CM and AP previews for exactly what you are describing. It's hard to know everything that is going to go wrong until you actually do something live.

Wow! I just saw on WDW Couple’s livestream a CM cut off the queue for ROTR. No one else can enter the queue.

ETA: they might just be moving the queue. Seems very confusing, but Josh is saying they aren’t letting anyone else in line.

Previews are great for working out the kinks. So much is new and different that I think that gets forgotten. How many of us watched our own areas adapt to things like social distancing markers, plexiglass, entering and exiting by means of just one entrance, the curbside service. A lot of that was a bit of trial and error at first. I'm glad they seem to be learning what works. They had the advantage of Universal being open first but Universal and Disney don't have exactly the same obstacles in terms of ride and the lines to get in them along with pre-shows and everything.

Cautiously optimistic that things continue to have a bit of a bright side to it!

How’s the queue distancing for MMRR? MDE has it at 60 minutes.

Looks like DHS is going to be not so empty like the previous 2 parks. If you told me 5 years ago that Hollywood Studios was going to be more popular than Magic Kingdom, I’d believe it less than someone saying Carpet of Aladdin would become the most popular ride in WDW, but that one is more obvious

I kind of think they’re going to have to put dividers up in that room if it continues to be an issue, do they not have the wait here stickers in the queue like part like other attractions? Those seem to be working well at MK and AK.

I definitely think markers will go up at the least. I am kind of surprised that they didn't put up some of the plexi barriers that they used in some other attractions. Yes I know its ugly but they could still kinda theme them to match the room and help make it safer than everyone trying to space themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter