Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spacing looks not that bad actually, family groups can stand together, and the depth of field is making it look worse

I was thinking that too. Tend to forget that these people arent all solo travelers and the cluster might be one group. You do see distancing from people, but you dont know who’s with who so its difficult to really know for sure by a picture

I definitely think markers will go up at the least. I am kind of surprised that they didn't put up some of the plexi barriers that they used in some other attractions. Yes I know its ugly but they could still kinda theme them to match the room and help make it safer than everyone trying to space themselves.

I wonder if it’s being avoided because it ruins the really cool moment where
the doors open and it’s revealed that you actually did move and the hanger is revealed in all its glory, one of the coolest moments of that attraction IMO
. If they can properly control the amount of people entering the space instead, that’s definitely ideal.

Is anyone currently at Pop? If so what are the pool hours right now and which are open? TIA
I am not at POP but I saw it reported on another thread that all 3 pools were open 11a-9p.

ETA: I just searched and cant find the post now, so could be wrong.

Last edited:
the doors open and it’s revealed that you actually did move and the hanger is revealed in all its glory, one of the coolest moments of that attraction IMO
. If they can properly control the amount of people entering the space instead, that’s definitely ideal.

I agree. I don’t think markers are needed in that room as long as cm control the flow into it from the previous section.
FO officers can make something up about staying six feet apart so that we don’t share resistance secrets or something like that.
Markers would really have a negative impact on immersion and since there’s a way around it, I hope they don’t add any.

One of the toughest parts of having to postpone our May 2020 trip is many more months of trying to avoid RotR spoilers. 🙈

Bloggers aren't making it easy either. Videos from DFB, AllEars, and others frequently include long, spoiler-y clips of RotR with no spoiler warnings. >:(

Personally, I dont mind the spoilers. I couldnt wait so I watched every video I could from the opening day. But people and accounts saying “its been open for ____ months, its not a spoiler anymore”. This isnt a movie where pretty much everyone has a movie theater in their town and made the choice not to go see the movie they dont want to be spoiled about months after release. This is an expensive theme park that many, many people dont live in driving distance to. These accounts should be more respectful in the the way they deliver this type of stuff

One of the toughest parts of having to postpone our May 2020 trip is many more months of trying to avoid RotR spoilers. 🙈

Bloggers aren't making it easy either. Videos from DFB, AllEars, and others frequently include long, spoiler-y clips of RotR with no spoiler warnings. >:(

I did a really good job avoiding MMRR spoilers since we were supposed to be there about 3 weeks after opening, but I finally caved and watched it sometime in April or May, and it was weirdly a big part of letting go of our trip mentally.

So I sympathize for sure!

I doubt there are many who got passes to go with no intentions of going, at least no more than any other AP event. I never read a single comment from anyone here who said they got a ticket and never intended on going. I'm sure there were some who got tickets and didn't go- clearly. I think it's more than reasonable to assume that a great many of them stayed home for the very reason I did. They didn't feel like it was safe to travel to a state with an out of control pandemic going on or they're local and still didn't think it was safe.
I know most had intentions of going. I think Disney probably felt that almost everyone that made a reservation would have shown up. Now that they are selling day tickets tells me they aren't getting as many people they were hoping for.

Yeah I know its a tough balancing act. But right now Disney needs to be safety first, and Im not saying that they arent and I totally expect them to add something to help address the hangar. I totally get that getting in the way of the moment though. Just they way things are for now.

I think RotR would be one of the easier rides to incorporate some social distancing markings on the ground ... if done in a Star Wars 'aurebesh' style font that is recognizable, it would blend in very well with the rest of the attraction aesthetics. The 1st Order CMs can then then direct the guests to follow all Order rules. I wouldn't be surprised if they go in this direction

I have been watching vloggers non stop over the past week and the entrance to SWGE this morning was the first time I would have been uncomfortable in the parks from everything I saw. They might have to limit the number of people allowed into SWGE so the guests spread out to other attractions. It will be interesting to see what it looks like the first few days they open HS to guests. I heard that a lot of CMs haven't been able to ride ROTR because of the lockouts on their passes so maybe they are all flocking there to ride it this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter