Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh, I didn’t read far enough before, but the last paragraph of this also confirms Disney will tell guests who come into First Aid with symptoms to leave the park.

“In addition to the health screenings prior to entry of the park, anyone who comes to the parks' First Aid with Covid-19-like symptoms will be required leave the park. Disney will assist the guest in seeking additional medical care, the spokesperson said.”

Oh, I didn’t read far enough before, but the last paragraph of this also confirms Disney will tell guests who come into First Aid with symptoms to leave the park.

“In addition to the health screenings prior to entry of the park, anyone who comes to the parks' First Aid with Covid-19-like symptoms will be required leave the park. Disney will assist the guest in seeking additional medical care, the spokesperson said.”
This is stressing me a little bit with our November trip. Our son is almost 6 and has bad indoor allergies during the cold months (we live in New England). I give him allergy medication but he does cough a lot overnight and first thing into the morning almost every day. It usually subsides once we arrive in warm Florida air, but still...I’m nervous to spend money on a vacation if they turn us away because they don’t know if it’s allergies or Covid. While I understand Disney’s point of view, it seems to just be one of those tough things to try to figure out

In addition to the health screenings prior to entry of the park, anyone who comes to the parks' First Aid with Covid-19-like symptoms will be required leave the park. Disney will assist the guest in seeking additional medical care, the spokesperson said.”
Good news.

I’ve been mostly comfortable with what I’ve seen from AK and MK since previews started. But HS walkways and open spots appear to be so much more congested. I understand that TSL and SWGE are the big draw right now so they’ll be more congested.

Just watching these livestreams and seeing people not even attempt to distance on their own when they’re hanging around open areas is not super great. Definitely getting a different vibe today than from the other parks. A little concerned they over estimated capacity for HS. Will be interesting to watch in the coming days.

This is stressing me a little bit with our November trip. Our son is almost 6 and has bad indoor allergies during the cold months (we live in New England). I give him allergy medication but he does cough a lot overnight and first thing into the morning almost every day. It usually subsides once we arrive in warm Florida air, but still...I’m nervous to spend money on a vacation if they turn us away because they don’t know if it’s allergies or Covid. While I understand Disney’s point of view, it seems to just be one of those tough things to try to figure out

That article specified “anyone who comes in to the parks’ First Aid”- so I’m assuming they figure if Covid-19 symptoms (whatever the cause) are bothering someone enough to seek first aid assistance then the guest needs to leave, but someone who just coughs or sneezes or sniffles walking around the park due to allergies or whatever reason won’t be automatically removed. That’s just a guess/assumption, though.

I’ve been mostly comfortable with what I’ve seen from AK and MK since previews started. But HS walkways and open spots appear to be so much more congested. I understand that TSL and SWGE are the big draw right now so they’ll be more congested.

Just watching these livestreams and seeing people not even attempt to distance on their own when they’re hanging around open areas is not super great. Definitely getting a different vibe today than from the other parks. A little concerned they over estimated capacity for HS. Will be interesting to watch in the coming days.

And from the availability calendar DHS is the first one to get filled so it likely will be closer to the max capacity more often than other parks

I kind of figured DHS was going to be a bigger issue due to it not being a circular park, meaning theres dead ends wherever you go. Being able to go from land to land without having to back track makes the flow in DAK and MK much easier

That article specified “anyone who comes in to the parks’ First Aid”- so I’m assuming they figure if Covid-19 symptoms (whatever the cause) are bothering someone enough to seek first aid assistance then the guest needs to leave, but someone who just coughs or sneezes or sniffles walking around the park due to allergies or whatever reason won’t be automatically removed. That’s just a guess/assumption, though.
Hopefully it's mostly to protect the first aid workers during a pandemic.
If a guest enters first aid with severe vomiting and coughing they may not want to offer a lie down and accommodate pill requests. (Whatever the cause...keeping in mind it's possible two things can be true at once.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter