• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The human!

We've been together so long, but aren't married and I don't know how to refer to him in posts!
We are too old to call each other boyfriend/girlfriend and I dont know what else to call him, so now I just say his name when talking about him, knowing full well most have no clue who I'm talking about! 😀
I see what you are saying.
One poster here at the DIS refers to her significant other as the man. It's kinda sweet, works in posts. :goodvibes

I’m confused. Does this mean guests would have to wear face shields, or just that they’re allowed to as an alternative to a mask?

My understanding from the earlier post (apologies, I don’t remember who posted it here, it was earlier this evening) was that WDW would now be allowing people to wear shields instead of masks if needed as an ADA accommodation.

According to this update, though, as of now it’s still masks for everyone, almost all the time.

The human!

We've been together so long, but aren't married and I don't know how to refer to him in posts!
We are too old to call each other boyfriend/girlfriend and I dont know what else to call him, so now I just say his name when talking about him, knowing full well most have no clue who I'm talking about! 😀

Lol. It was the spelling that made me wonder. If it helps, vacation arguments seem to be a tradition here, too.

The tweet explains there is no change in mask policy.

I thought face shields were already an option for guests. Don’t know why, just assumed they were an option and it was only bandanas and gaiters that weren’t allowed. What I was confused about was the wording sounded, to me, that face shields were being talked about as mandatory, because I thought they were already allowed

Are the smaller fans you wear around your neck allowed in wdw right now?
I have seen people wearing them at both MK on Daturday and AK on Sunday. I can't comment much about today because we walked out of MK after dealing with a whole family not wearing their masks or keeping to their socially distant line while waiting to board a raft back from TSI. CM called family out about it and one of the ladies just sneered. This was the second time we saw a CM confront someone about masks and the second time the guest was a d!ck about it, so we decided that was enough for us today.

I've noticed in the 5 days since we got here that more and more people are taking them off when they think no one is around as well as wearing them improperly.

My 5 year old actually said, "Dad, I think Disney should just kick you out if you don't wear your mask." If only they would, kid, if only they would.

The human!

"Hi guys, I'm Farro and this is Common-Law-*insert-name*."

Hmm. Not much of a ring to it though.

Random sidenote, did you find the boats busy or with long waits from BRV? Staying at CCV later on and was wondering!
They weren’t busy, but it took forever today to leave MK whereas the bus was always there waiting & we were the only ppl on it. We will do the bus the rest of the trip. The boat just took a long time to show up.

I thought face shields were already an option for guests. Don’t know why, just assumed they were an option and it was only bandanas and gaiters that weren’t allowed. What I was confused about was the wording sounded, to me, that face shields were being talked about as mandatory, because I thought they were already allowed

I didn’t think they were allowed currently, since they don’t meet the criteria of ear loops or ties, two layers of breathable material, fully cover mouth and nose*, and fit snug around the chin. :confused3 The site doesn’t mention them specifically at all.

ETA: I guess they do fully block your mouth and nose, but I don’t know if that counts as “covering” them since there’s open space at the sides/bottom of the shield... :confused3

Last edited:
The human!

Yes after 9 years together and two kids I am so sick of this problem I am going to ask her to marry me.

I have seen people wearing them at both MK on Daturday and AK on Sunday. I can't comment much about today because we walked out of MK after dealing with a whole family not wearing their masks or keeping to their socially distant line while waiting to board a raft back from TSI. CM called family out about it and one of the ladies just sneered. This was the second time we saw a CM confront someone about masks and the second time the guest was a d!ck about it, so we decided that was enough for us today.

I've noticed in the 5 days since we got here that more and more people are taking them off when they think no one is around as well as wearing them improperly.

My 5 year old actually said, "Dad, I think Disney should just kick you out if you don't wear your mask." If only they would, kid, if only they would.

Thanks so much for the update. Did the family put on their masks after the CM addressed it?

I want to say I’m not surprised that some aren’t following because it’s just going to happen. But still, I don’t get it...you’re on private property suck it up and wear your masks.

I really hope Disney starts cracking down on this more for people that give them crap about it. Just have the removed from the park for the day. Disney doesn’t want the negative PR of pictures of families without masks on in the parks. It would be a simple. Please put your masks on everyone... No...Then please leave the park for the day. Thank you and have a magical day.

I have two interesting tidbits from today’s visit, both resulting from a stop at City Hall.

1. The CM was able to refund the difference between my kids’ Park Hoppers and one park / one day tickets. I got just over $90 back on each. The CM had a great line as he completed the numerous steps required to issue the refund. “Sorry this is taking a while. Our systems aren’t really designed to give money back.”

2. The same CM said that today’s MK crowd was very near capacity. We were there this morning. While it was busier than Saturday evening, it still seemed very empty. While the CM wouldn’t give me the number, it’s obviously not a very big one. He also said that the heat is chasing people from the park.

I sympathize honestly. I think it’s probably not as bad as it seems to her, but she’s uncomfortable and trying to do her job. It’s all about personal comfort levels at this point. I personally would feel very comfortable going to EPCOT right now and spending time outside. That said, in about a month, I’m expected to stand in front of a (hopefully smaller, socially distanced, and mask-wearing) classroom of 20-somethings and teach for more than an hour at a time. I’m terrified. Of course, I probably won’t freak out on twitter after each class. 🙄
I'm just really confused and will admit pretty ignorant to the whole social media thing, but who is this Carlye??? Everyone acts as if she's someone really important...what am I missing?

Also, what exactly is her job??? Like who pays her and what's her job description? If she's an independent journalist can she not just choose different "stories" to cover? I just don't know understand why she would pick this to do when it seems to be at least a little debilitating for her.

Don't get me wrong I love the live reports from everyone and appreciate their time etc. (although I wouldn't expect anyone to risk their health - physical or mental doing something they're not comfortable wit,) but I just don't understand all the hype over this 1 person or why she would do something she seems so against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter