Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just really confused and will admit pretty ignorant to the whole social media thing, but who is this Carlye??? Everyone acts as if she's someone really important...what am I missing?

Also, what exactly is her job??? Like who pays her and what's her job description? If she's an independent journalist can she not just choose different "stories" to cover? I just don't know understand why she would pick this to do when it seems to be at least a little debilitating for her.

Don't get me wrong I love the live reports from everyone and appreciate their time etc. (although I wouldn't expect anyone to risk their health - physical or mental doing something they're not comfortable wit,) but I just don't understand all the hype over this 1 person or why she would do something she seems so against.

She’s a freelance theme park journalist. @rteetz has asked we not discuss/debate the specific info sources anymore, though, since the discussions spiral.

I love the treats and watching Mickey shorts. Maybe not having a tradition is your tradition :D At least you don’t have to be worried about being disappointed if you can’t do that exact thing that’s your tradition and feeling like your trip is ruined.

Is it bad to admit that for years my tradition was going to Rainforest Cafe on our arrival day...I blame my father for this. Lol.
That's ours as well lol. I know it gets a lot of flack, but our crew likes it and it feels like a just set in stone itinerary lol.

That's ours as well lol. I know it gets a lot of flack, but our crew likes it and it feels like a just set in stone itinerary lol.

Rainforest traditionalists AA meeting...Hi, my name is Alex and I like to eat at Rainforest Cafe...lol. Glad it’s a tradition for others too :D

I’m still waiting to hear back from more trip reports on how most of the restaurants in DS are doing with their social distancing. So far reports have been pointing that Disney owner places have been doing better than the others.

DW and I love Raglan Road. I saw someone report that they could be doing a bit better with their distancing. Has anyone else eaten there lately? I would hate to cut it from our list for next trip but will if we don’t feel comfortable.

These random character interactions and incredibly low wait times truly seem like early 2000s Disney. Even though there's a lot of uncertainty, stress, and tension, thinking about those aspects make me even more excited for Wednesday. Can't wait to go back to my second home.

Thanks so much for the update. Did the family put on their masks after the CM addressed it?

I want to say I’m not surprised that some aren’t following because it’s just going to happen. But still, I don’t get it...you’re on private property suck it up and wear your masks.

I really hope Disney starts cracking down on this more for people that give them crap about it. Just have the removed from the park for the day. Disney doesn’t want the negative PR of pictures of families without masks on in the parks. It would be a simple. Please put your masks on everyone... No...Then please leave the park for the day. Thank you and have a magical day.
The lady at TSI did put it up, then took it down, then put it back up. The other instance the guest said, "Yeah, yeah. You told me. I can't breathe with it in, so just note you told me." I saw him and a family of 5 people wearing them below nose and all had to be told again by the lead at PoTC. Dunno what happened because I walked away.

There has really been a rise in mouthguards since Friday as well as people sitting off to the sidr and just pulling them down...problem being others have to come by that side often. I do wish they were scanning MBs with warnings leading to an out. I think if word got out they were enforcing with being kicked out, you wouldn't see people wearing them improperly or not at all. Heck, I think it would br a big win for them publicity-wise.

I thought I read wdw was waiving parking fees? Was that just a rumor?

I heard that too, forgot from where. But I couldn’t find a confirmation. We are still deciding to rent a car or not so I would love it if someone could officially confirm or deny this.

The lady at TSI did put it up, then took it down, then put it back up. The other instance the guest said, "Yeah, yeah. You told me. I can't breathe with it in, so just note you told me." I saw him and a family of 5 people wearing them below nose and all had to be told again by the lead at PoTC. Dunno what happened because I walked away.

There has really been a rise in mouthguards since Friday as well as people sitting off to the sidr and just pulling them down...problem being others have to come by that side often. I do wish they were scanning MBs with warnings leading to an out. I think if word got out they were enforcing with being kicked out, you wouldn't see people wearing them improperly or not at all. Heck, I think it would br a big win for them publicity-wise.

Thanks for getting back to us on this. I agree, obviously the family or person wouldn’t be thrilled but it would be a huge deterrent for people that don’t want to follow guidelines if they saw... “Disney kicks our guests for not wearing masks at MK”.

I am in no way condoning the attitude etc. and I do hope CMs will be able to actually do something to ppl. like this, but when I read the comment "so just note you told me," I admit I laughed. I agree totally unacceptable and I hope they were able to remove him, but you gotta admit the guy knows Disneys ways lol.

It’s really making me angry having these people rip off the masks during rides. If you do that in space mountain and screaming your saliva out in the air how is that good!!! Can Disney do something about this? Or are they going to continue to let that slide? Because that’s really really irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter