Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this right here is going to be what shuts parks down again. There is no way to stop anyone from doing anything. They would be ejecting people left and right and we all know that Disney wants that money. It's a theme park for crying out loud. If they are going to flip out about everything, and if other guests are going to wig out over it, A. should you even be going in the first place? Because you're never going to be perfectly safe and let's face it, it's not Disney's responsibility to keep you safe. or B. Should they even reopen at all if it is going to be like this?It's my view that people that are that paranoid should stay home on not take any risks.

Actually it is Disney's responsibility to keep you safe. They were required to put safety protocols into place and to enforce them. It's totally their responsibility to insure that the rules are followed. They can't prevent someone from being an idiot, but they can and should remove them from the park.

It's not paranoid to object when people violate the safety requirements.

That last photo needs a nature documentary style narration

"Here our brave explorers are observing this silly old bear, this Pooh Bear, in his natural habitat as he attempts to catch butterflies. Is this for food? Part of a mating ritual? Some questions nature just leaves unanswered."

Have you ever seen those BBC nature documentaries where they get cheeky with the commentary? They need to get one of those on Disney+ commenting on characters frolicking in the parks.

Actually it is Disney's responsibility to keep you safe. They were required to put safety protocols into place and to enforce them. It's totally their responsibility to insure that the rules are followed. They can't prevent someone from being an idiot, but they can and should remove them from the park.

It's not paranoid to object when people violate the safety requirements.
It’s paranoid to worry about things that likely not happening or not happening very often at all.

I have seen people wearing them at both MK on Daturday and AK on Sunday. I can't comment much about today because we walked out of MK after dealing with a whole family not wearing their masks or keeping to their socially distant line while waiting to board a raft back from TSI. CM called family out about it and one of the ladies just sneered. This was the second time we saw a CM confront someone about masks and the second time the guest was a d!ck about it, so we decided that was enough for us today.

I've noticed in the 5 days since we got here that more and more people are taking them off when they think no one is around as well as wearing them improperly.

My 5 year old actually said, "Dad, I think Disney should just kick you out if you don't wear your mask." If only they would, kid, if only they would.

I whole-heartedly agree with your son. And if more and more people do it, and Disney does nothing, it won't end well. Because it will get out that Disney is doing nothing about the entitled, selfish rulebreakers, which isn't a good look.

@yulilin3 I got a call back finally and explained that the "accident" of them taking all that money and then putting it back did upset me (as part of the other issues I had) and for that part they are sending me a $50 gift card. Just wanted to update on how my situation was resolved.

The CM that called me was aware of the email and was apologetic about the insane wait times on the phone as well.

The lady at TSI did put it up, then took it down, then put it back up. The other instance the guest said, "Yeah, yeah. You told me. I can't breathe with it in, so just note you told me." I saw him and a family of 5 people wearing them below nose and all had to be told again by the lead at PoTC. Dunno what happened because I walked away.

There has really been a rise in mouthguards since Friday as well as people sitting off to the sidr and just pulling them down...problem being others have to come by that side often. I do wish they were scanning MBs with warnings leading to an out. I think if word got out they were enforcing with being kicked out, you wouldn't see people wearing them improperly or not at all. Heck, I think it would br a big win for them publicity-wise.

This. Exactly. It's very easy to enforce the rules via this method.

It’s paranoid to worry about things that likely not happening or not happening very often at all.

I didn't say it wasn't. I said it's not paranoid to object when people violate the safety requirements. As for not happening very often- every time it happens people are put at risk. There should be zero tolerance. If they want to stay open, they need to make sure their rules are followed and that there are sure and swift consequences when they aren't. This isn't line cuttiing we're talking about. This is putting other people's health at risk.

I’m 36 years old and I have my Disney autograph book from kindergarten. 31 years ago. Autographs from costumed characters are not a new thing. I guess it depends on what you classify as new. But yeah, costumed characters have been doing that least 31 years.

I have photos from this time of me standing with maybe 5-6 other kids all hugging at the same time with people crowding around. It wasn’t like each person had a turn. All my photos from the late 80s have tons of other random people in them.

There are more people in the parks now than back then. And much safer for the character performer to be in a more controlled line so they can’t be accused of anything inappropriate or knock someone over, etc. They are able to prepare for the interaction - can you imagine what a guest just “running up and hugging” is like for the character performer? Also the line deters the people who think it’s funny to sneak and try to pull Pluto’s tail, etc.

Disneyland has some more spontaneous character interactions, but they still end up being pretty organized.

I do love these new character interactions they have started doing! I don’t see this as an either or thing - I hope lines for M&G come back someday, and that they continue these fun random appearances.

This. Exact same thing. Still have my book. Pluto was my first autograph, so... yup, 30 years ago Pluto was signing autographs. And, actually, they had a line you had to wait in for him. Then other characters were just roaming, and there were always a crowd around them, and each person yes, just sort of waited for their chance to jump in, so your photo had everyone in the background. I agree, how they do it now is much better safety wise. I don't see them ever replacing traditional meet and greets for these random pop ups, though it would be nice if they could do both.

I didn't say it wasn't. I said it's not paranoid to object when people violate the safety requirements. As for not happening very often- every time it happens people are put at risk. There should be zero tolerance. If they want to stay open, they need to make sure their rules are followed and that there are sure and swift consequences when they aren't. This isn't line cuttiing we're talking about. This is putting other people's health at risk.

It is very likely that the people who pull their masks down on rides are doing it on every ride they go on (or that they think they can get away with.) One person doing this can expose a lot of people over the course of a day.

It is hilarious to me that people don’t realize every ride is video monitored by CMs 🤣. If you’re on a ride, someone can see you. Disney know this is happening. But are they going to have a CM monitoring video radio a CM at the exit to confront these people? That’s really the only way to stop it.

It's ignorant to think that these types of things are not happening; they obviously are. There have been multiple reports and Disney has had to move to threats of "no photo for you" when you take your mask off during the ride." People can't be trusted to do the right thing, that's why we are where we are as a country: worst epicenter in the world.

People removing masks in an enclosed space is number 1 on the list of high risk situations...and you have no control over that. Disney does have a modicum of control as they are the property owners. Look at Costco, they will not allow you to break the mask rule... "don't like it, well cancel your membership and you can leave." This is what Disney needs to do. Let's keep in mind that nearly everyone on these boards are HUGE fans and want the parks to succeed, both now and in the future. Some on the boards snort massive amounts of pixie dust and defend Disney to the death, while others are watching in horror because they are realists. Remember, BOTH groups look forward to the day we move back to some semblance of normal so that we can enjoy our lives again.

Welcome to the group. We hope we can provide a safe and positive environment. :rotfl:

They do get a bad rap. I dont think I have ever had a meal there there that was bad. It's always been decent with good service for us and its a fun kick starter for the trip.

The lady at TSI did put it up, then took it down, then put it back up. The other instance the guest said, "Yeah, yeah. You told me. I can't breathe with it in, so just note you told me." I saw him and a family of 5 people wearing them below nose and all had to be told again by the lead at PoTC. Dunno what happened because I walked away.

There has really been a rise in mouthguards since Friday as well as people sitting off to the sidr and just pulling them down...problem being others have to come by that side often. I do wish they were scanning MBs with warnings leading to an out. I think if word got out they were enforcing with being kicked out, you wouldn't see people wearing them improperly or not at all. Heck, I think it would br a big win for them publicity-wise.
If there was ever a time to enforce policies, it would be the one that relates to the global pandemic. I mean honestly, this isn’t like cutting or typical “Disney stupid guest” nonsense, this is legit a health and hygiene issue

We at there the first week they opened and tables were properly distanced. Everything was done very well.

Hopefully they keep it up. We usually stop by multiple times on our trips so it would be a shame not to go. I'm sure we will head down and see how things look and if we are comfortable head right in. We are pretty flexible with everything this time around.

From the videos I’ve seen Disney looks to be doing a really thorough job in keeping the parks clean and safe. Frankly, the thing that gives me no desire to go right now is people. I’ve seen enough anecdotes just glancing over the last couple pages here, along with interactions I have out and about in my state, to not want to go anywhere near a place like Disney for a bit.

From the videos I’ve seen Disney looks to be doing a really thorough job in keeping the parks clean and safe. Frankly, the thing that gives me no desire to go right now is people. I’ve seen enough anecdotes just glancing over the last couple pages here, along with interactions I have out and about in my state, to not want to go anywhere near a place like Disney for a bit.

I share the same sentiments.

I think WDW is going above and beyond with their measures.

However, they can't control the people. And they are always the problem.

My daughter has horrorable allergies and we were turned away from a local park bc they saw her blow her nose while in line
I have one of those two. She also has some Asthma issues and coughs a lot. I am pretty worried about traveling. I fully expect to need to travel with paperwork about her medical issues.:groom:

Disney never seems to enforce anything because they don't want to ruin anyone's magic aka: we would rather have their money. This is just the beginning of not being able to enforce the masks and I'm willing to bet it will be no time flat before wearing masks is only a "suggestion" but not enforced.

Not that I want Disney to get any more bad media spotlight than people are hammering them with already. But I feel like if people keep reporting on non compliance then Disney will actually have to address it in parks and actually start to ask guests to leave. I really don't think they want to give the media any more fuel for the headlines right now that will make their reopening look bad to the public, especially with the situation Florida is going through.

I share the same sentiments.

I think WDW is going above and beyond with their measures.

However, they can't control the people. And they are always the problem.

Anyone reasonable knew that it was going to be guests that ultimately make or break if this goes well, especially those of us who go to the parks a lot. The trouble is that same delightful "I paid so much to be here, me and my family are all that matter and screw everyone else" mentality that we see in the parks is creeping back in, and where it was just irritating before, now it's legitimately dangerous to others. I honestly wish Disney would crack down, because treating these people with kid gloves is only going to cost them more than losing those people's business. The health and safety of their cast members and other guests are at stake, not to mention their reputation. How many people who otherwise might have rolled the dice and gone anyway due to the good news about Disney's cleanliness and safety protocols will stay away the more stories like this get passed around? They can't let these clowns ruin all the hard work they've done. Surely the suits have to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter