• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, they can't control the people.
No one is saying they will prevent any rule from being broken 100% of the time. What they are perfectly capable of is enforcing consequences when those rules are broken. If they can't do that, they need to shut the doors. Just telling people they can't have their pictures when they take their masks off during a ride isn't good enough.

No one is saying they will prevent any rule from being broken 100% of the time. What they are perfectly capable of is enforcing consequences when those rules are broken. If they can't do that, they need to shut the doors. Just telling people they can't have their pictures when they take their masks off during a ride isn't good enough.

Oh I get that.

I just know people, and know Disney. If they don't crack down hard now, they aren't going to. And if they aren't going to, people will continue making this worse, because they are the worst.

At AK today. The park is empty and so peaceful. We arrived near 8:00 and strolled to Creature Comfort where we sat down to drink our Frappuccinos. We then walked over to the Gorilla Falls trail. The CM said it normally opens at 8:15, but CMs were still getting temp screens and checked in, so they were a little behind. Strolled to EE and rode it four times. All but one time, we went slowly through the queue taking lots of photos, and we didn’t come across anyone in the queue. Once on EE, we were the only two on the ride. Both today and Sunday, the screens aren’t showing names picked up from MBs. (This was also true at IASW yesterday at MK.) The ride photo screens are also not working—same as Sunday. We just stopped for water and cinnamon rolls and are going to head over to the Gorilla trail. It’s so nice not being in any rush to get to FOP. CMs are all able to chat with each other because they’re not needing to deal with guests. I have so many photos of either empty spaces or ones that only contain CMs.

Anyone reasonable knew that it was going to be guests that ultimately make or break if this goes well, especially those of us who go to the parks a lot. The trouble is that same delightful "I paid so much to be here, me and my family are all that matter and screw everyone else" mentality that we see in the parks is creeping back in, and where it was just irritating before, now it's legitimately dangerous to others. I honestly wish Disney would crack down, because treating these people with kid gloves is only going to cost them more than losing those people's business. The health and safety of their cast members and other guests are at stake, not to mention their reputation. How many people who otherwise might have rolled the dice and gone anyway due to the good news about Disney's cleanliness and safety protocols will stay away the more stories like this get passed around? They can't let these clowns ruin all the hard work they've done. Surely the suits have to see that.

I think if one is expecting 100% compliance then they will be disappointed and really hard to hold Disney to that ...BUT I think how Disney enforces things can impact if it is 97% compliance or 65%, and I do think that makes a difference

I think if one is expecting 100% compliance then they will be disappointed and really hard to hold Disney to that ...BUT I think how Disney enforces things can impact if it is 97% compliance or 65%, and I do think that makes a difference

Absolutely, and I also don't think anyone reasonable expects 100%. But we can't let perfection be the enemy of good. Disney can set the tone in a positive way, because deterrence is a powerful tool. If they see actual enforcement of the rules, maybe 65% starts looking more like 97%.

Anyone reasonable knew that it was going to be guests that ultimately make or break if this goes well, especially those of us who go to the parks a lot. The trouble is that same delightful "I paid so much to be here, me and my family are all that matter and screw everyone else" mentality that we see in the parks is creeping back in, and where it was just irritating before, now it's legitimately dangerous to others. I honestly wish Disney would crack down, because treating these people with kid gloves is only going to cost them more than losing those people's business. The health and safety of their cast members and other guests are at stake, not to mention their reputation. How many people who otherwise might have rolled the dice and gone anyway due to the good news about Disney's cleanliness and safety protocols will stay away the more stories like this get passed around? They can't let these clowns ruin all the hard work they've done. Surely the suits have to see that.

Totally agree. And I saw some other posts on the past couple pages and I hope I didn't come off as paranoid because I think 100% compliance is never going to happen and we would be fooling ourselves to think that. However, there is a difference between someone needing a quick reminder to follow the guidelines that may have just forgotten for a moment or being a bit careless and someone who has to give a CM a hard time and argue whether they feel they need one on or not. Its the park rules, plain and simple, its what you agreed to when you entered the park. So hopefully they will address those later mentioned cases more firmly to deter others from following suit.

Thinking that going to Disney right now is virtually no risk is kidding yourself. There is risk everywhere outside your own home and everyone has to measure and manage what they are comfortable with. Disney is trying to do their best to provide as low a risk as they can offer to the public. People that cant be bothered to follow guidelines or throw fits about them, only make it that much more of a risk for others. If they want to get into a fight with a CM about wearing a mask in Disney I highly doubt they are following proper social distancing guidelines outside of Disney, and that's why its so important to step up on enforcement with individuals like that.

I've seen a number of articles about this topic and sort of how the idea of individualism and rebellion has helped make America what it is - but there are positives and negatives of that and at times like this, where there really needs to be a "community first" mentality we (or at least a large portion of us) aren't able to shift our mentality

No one is expecting 100%, but Disney needs to do the work to attempt to achieve 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter