Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really making me angry having these people rip off the masks during rides. If you do that in space mountain and screaming your saliva out in the air how is that good!!! Can Disney do something about this? Or are they going to continue to let that slide? Because that’s really really irresponsible.

Agreed. Indoor roller coasters are one of the things I'll be staying away from next week. ToT might be an exception...

100% true. The repeated posts, media coverage, click bate articles, prefers negative stories.

I don't understand why people don't get your exact point. What about all the CM who WANT to be there and feel like they are getting beaten down on a daily basis being told how bad they are doing?? It's not right.
But perhaps many of the CMs are seeing the covid numbers stay high and are now themselves thinking they shouldn't have been brought back. I know they had a choice, but maybe some of them are already regretting that choice they made.

I was just giving thought to possible reasons CMs didn't seem as enthused at DHS today. It's valid, WDW is getting bad press and I'm talking national news, not social media. I would read it and feel bad. Not saying things shouldn't be reported. If people reading my post want to put their own spin on that, I can't help it.

Didn't say people shouldn't be reporting on experiences, good and bad. Didn't say only Disney should release sugary-sweet information.

:)
Not just national news, International news

Unless you are accusing and have proof of these people of lying, the people sharing negative experiences should be listened to just as much as the people giving positive experience. You can't just pick and choose who has the "correct" account of how things are going based on how much positivity they have. I'm loving watching all the vlogs and live streams and how positive people have been. I'm also appreciating hearing about the bad and hope Disney listens to those people as well.

This.

Worth a read on the HK "outbreak" and Disney closure.

So basically as they have had such low numbers for a while they have excellent contact tracing. However they have had some cases in recent days that they just dont know the source so they are panicking about that and whether some kind of mutation is involved. They claim the R for recent cases could be as high as 4!

https://asiatimes.com/2020/07/hong-kong-clamps-down-as-covid-case-numbers-soar/

Again, HK/china so.......

But perhaps many of the CMs are seeing the covid numbers stay high and are now themselves thinking they shouldn't have been brought back. I know they had a choice, but maybe some of them are already regretting that choice they made.

Not liking this “choice” narrative tbh. Is it really a choice if the alternative means not getting paid in a state with a joke of a social safety net and in this economy?

Rainforest traditionalists AA meeting...Hi, my name is Alex and I like to eat at Rainforest Cafe...lol. Glad it’s a tradition for others too :D

I’m still waiting to hear back from more trip reports on how most of the restaurants in DS are doing with their social distancing. So far reports have been pointing that Disney owner places have been doing better than the others.

DW and I love Raglan Road. I saw someone report that they could be doing a bit better with their distancing. Has anyone else eaten there lately? I would hate to cut it from our list for next trip but will if we don’t feel comfortable.

We at there the first week they opened and tables were properly distanced. Everything was done very well.

Hmm, maybe we all only exist within Riley's mind?

Awesome character appearance. I now want characters frolicking at all times!
I was just thinking the same thing. I think this is so much better than the meet and greets. I absolutely hate that they started making these poor characters sign autographs. I honestly think it looks really bad to have them holding up books and pens to the eye holes to see. I think it takes away from the experience. They all should have a stamp like Buzz if anything, but I"m one that misses the days of just being able to run up and hug them and then move along. I don't get the whole line to see them thing. I guess people were more considerate back in the day or something and now too many people would take up too much time and not let anyone else have a turn and thus started the lines and wranglers?

I was just thinking the same thing. I think this is so much better than the meet and greets. I absolutely hate that they started making these poor characters sign autographs. I honestly think it looks really bad to have them holding up books and pens to the eye holes to see. I think it takes away from the experience. They all should have a stamp like Buzz if anything, but I"m one that misses the days of just being able to run up and hug them and then move along. I don't get the whole line to see them thing. I guess people were more considerate back in the day or something and now too many people would take up too much time and not let anyone else have a turn and thus started the lines and wranglers?

I’m 36 years old and I have my Disney autograph book from kindergarten. 31 years ago. Autographs from costumed characters are not a new thing. I guess it depends on what you classify as new. But yeah, costumed characters have been doing that least 31 years.

I have photos from this time of me standing with maybe 5-6 other kids all hugging at the same time with people crowding around. It wasn’t like each person had a turn. All my photos from the late 80s have tons of other random people in them.

There are more people in the parks now than back then. And much safer for the character performer to be in a more controlled line so they can’t be accused of anything inappropriate or knock someone over, etc. They are able to prepare for the interaction - can you imagine what a guest just “running up and hugging” is like for the character performer? Also the line deters the people who think it’s funny to sneak and try to pull Pluto’s tail, etc.

Disneyland has some more spontaneous character interactions, but they still end up being pretty organized.

I do love these new character interactions they have started doing! I don’t see this as an either or thing - I hope lines for M&G come back someday, and that they continue these fun random appearances.

Last edited:
Rainforest traditionalists AA meeting...Hi, my name is Alex and I like to eat at Rainforest Cafe...lol. Glad it’s a tradition for others too :D

Um yeah, Is this where you go to sign up for the Rainforest anonymous meeting? Do I need a name tag? :o Yep, we are also that family. Tbh, we typically have better food here than a LOT of the other restaurants on property but they seem to have a horrible reputation. Maybe we've been lucky? I've eaten at juuuust about every sit down restaurant in each park...all but Skipper Canteen at MK and Tokyo Dining and Tutto Italia at Epcot come to think of it...wow I've never actually done that math before lol And multiple table service restaurants at the resorts and I've had WAY worse than Rainforest Cafe. Don't get me started on The Maya Grill or those Lean Cuisines they serve at Chefs de France. :sad2: Okay okay....back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I’m 36 years old and I have my Disney autograph book from kindergarten. 31 years ago. Autographs from costumed characters are not a new thing. I guess it depends on what you classify as new though. But yeah, consumed characters have been doing that least 31 years.

I have photos from this time of me standing with maybe 5-6 other kids all hugging at the same time with people crowding around. It wasn’t like each person had a turn. All my photos from the late 80s have tons of other random people in them.

There are more people in the parks now than back then. And much safer for the character performer to be in a more controlled line so they can’t be accused of anything inappropriate or knock someone over, etc. They are able to prepare for the interaction. Also deters the people who think it’s funny to sneak and try to pull Pluto’s tail, etc.

Disneyland has some more spontaneous character interactions, but they still end up being pretty organized.

I do love these new character interactions they have started doing! I don’t see this as an either or thing - I hope lines for M&G come back someday, and that they continue these fun random appearances.

Yeah it's sad that people can be so nasty and I figured it's more about the safety of the characters. I've read some really mean things that people have done to them. My pictures from when I was a kid are the same as yours with all of the people, but that's just how it was and I remember the russian roulette of "should I go now?, wait, oh someone else ran up...wait..." lol It's not so much the idea of autographs that I hate, but that they have to use a pen. Just give them all a unique stamp. I think that would be much cooler as a souvenir too. I'm 48 and yeah they have been doing this for a loooong time now, but everything seems "new" when you're old. lol

I think it is more people swarming them and creating unsafe situations and just cutting in line and forcing their way to the front, ect. than people taking too long with the character. Even now at Disneyland at some spots it isn't as structures as at WDW and it creates some issues.

Personally I like the more structured approach for doing the more traditional M&G but would love them to supplement with experiences like this. No reason Pooh couldn't be out exploring at Epcot but then do a more traditional M&G at AK or something

Thanks for getting back to us on this. I agree, obviously the family or person wouldn’t be thrilled but it would be a huge deterrent for people that don’t want to follow guidelines if they saw... “Disney kicks our guests for not wearing masks at MK”.
Disney never seems to enforce anything because they don't want to ruin anyone's magic aka: we would rather have their money. This is just the beginning of not being able to enforce the masks and I'm willing to bet it will be no time flat before wearing masks is only a "suggestion" but not enforced.

It’s really making me angry having these people rip off the masks during rides. If you do that in space mountain and screaming your saliva out in the air how is that good!!! Can Disney do something about this? Or are they going to continue to let that slide? Because that’s really really irresponsible.
See this right here is going to be what shuts parks down again. There is no way to stop anyone from doing anything. They would be ejecting people left and right and we all know that Disney wants that money. It's a theme park for crying out loud. If they are going to flip out about everything, and if other guests are going to wig out over it, A. should you even be going in the first place? Because you're never going to be perfectly safe and let's face it, it's not Disney's responsibility to keep you safe. or B. Should they even reopen at all if it is going to be like this?It's my view that people that are that paranoid should stay home on not take any risks.

Yeah it's sad that people can be so nasty and I figured it's more about the safety of the characters. I've read some really mean things that people have done to them. My pictures from when I was a kid are the same as yours with all of the people, but that's just how it was and I remember the russian roulette of "should I go now?, wait, oh someone else ran up...wait..." lol It's not so much the idea of autographs that I hate, but that they have to use a pen. Just give them all a unique stamp. I think that would be much cooler as a souvenir too. I'm 48 and yeah they have been doing this for a loooong time now, but everything seems "new" when you're old. lol

Ha! It was like russian roulette 🤣

I personally think the pen and real autograph is a special Disney touch and don’t like seeing those things go by the wayside. I’d rather wait in a longer line for that over the stamp.

But, it’s conversation for another time since any kind of autograph during covid is a no no anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter