Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I opt out of the AP, the 1 day I used the pass last October will have cost me $300. I’m sure there are people in worse situations because I’m able to get the Gold pass with my DVC membership, but even still, $300 for 1 day at MK/DHS. Yeesh. If I don’t opt out and decide to go down and use my pass, ill be judged. Quite a predicament
Come on down and use your pass. It is fun as hell down here right now. Every ride is basically a walk on (my family did Pandora twice in about 30 min yesterday). Our kids are trying every ride. It’s great.

Also, I'm headed to EPCOT today so if anyone has any questions that are still unanswered from the CM previews please feel free to ask,
just be sure to reply to this or @ me so I don't miss the notification!
We’ll “see” you there! That’s where we are headed too!

I'm just quoting the times on the app :P My visit is not till 1.5 week! I think Crush is the one ride where you don't really notice the measures, as a cart only holds 4 people, so a lot of families always ride in their own cart. And I think, as the 4 seats are back to back (2 by 2), you could do 2 parties of 2 also during social distancing times.
Totally. But the loading for Crush is so slowwwww the queue is going to be horrendous. Especially if they are cleaning the carts. Add the 2m distance in the queue into the mix and that's gonna be intersting ;)

May the force be with the folks going to DHS today. First time we'll get to track/monitor what a park is like when the reservation system is full for the day.

DD and I are going to be at Disney next Friday for a week so I too am eagerly watching the live streams and seeing what is going on. Really interested in seeing today at HWS since when we were there last August Galaxy's Edge and Mickey and Minnie weren't open yet. We have two days at that park though.

You are my fellow micro phd right? Safety precautions all still seem good to you? We leave in two weeks 🤞
Molecular bio PhD. Inside the bubble, it’s really good. Near 100% mask compliance (did see one lady in MK walking around with it down while talking on the phone). I also observed one man with his under his chin while reaching in his bag for water...he was reminded by a CM to keep it fully covering his face.

Outside the bubble, it’s more mixed. For those visiting stores outside the bubble (I.e grocery stores), maybe sit in your car for a couple of minutes to watch people come in and out and see if you are comfortable?

Also had friends visit DS last night. They said it was packed and they felt considerably less comfortable. More people, less spacing (especially in the restaurant they went to—they waited longer for an outdoor table).

True, I also have Weekday Select. But we paid like $500-800 (depending on FL res. or not) less than Plats did, and now they don't have access to water parks, the AP availability calendar is horrendous for everyone, so July and weekends are pretty blocked for them too. I really feel bad for those higher tiers right now.

I feel bad for the people who are local and have a pass but can’t get a reservation, regardless of which pass it is, and for the long distance pass holders for whom the extensions are basically worthless. I made the decision yesterday to book a quick three night trip to Pop to go to Epcot and MK this week, but not everyone has the time or funds to do something like that. I have a full vacation (11 nights) booked in August, but the way things are going, I am not sure that will happen. We are still primarily working from home, so I can quarantine after the mini trip. I had just renewed my platinum AP the very end of December, and used it for one vacation in January, so I guess I technically got my money’s worth out of it. I also received a renewal voucher as a birthday gift in March, so I am covered through May 2022 now. I primarily use my pass for vacations, so I will make out OK.

It is frustrating when they put things out like go buy a regular ticket even though you have an AP so you can get in. Whoever thought that was a viable suggestion has been standing in the sun too long.

OK the real question I need answered with the opening of Epcot today is where are the Orange Bird AP Magnets? This has been bothering me for months and was one of the things I was really looking forward to with my May trip that we moved to this month. :D
This is the first thing I plan to seek out this afternoon. There have been reports that they are mailing the magnets, but I plan to go to Mousegear and ask anyway.

I know I’m missing this but has anyone confirmed if you’re able to leave a park and come back later in day? Go at rope drop then go back to resort for lunch and then return to park again after?

Don't be too surprised if Tokyo Disneyland has to close again in the not too distant future.

They raised the alert level of Tokyo to the highest level 4 / red overnight. Apparently it doesn't automatically trigger actions, but its surely a sign actions must be coming soon.

I hear they like Hong Kong, have an issue with cases they cannot trace the source of.:oops:

Also, I'm headed to EPCOT today so if anyone has any questions that are still unanswered from the CM previews please feel free to ask,
just be sure to reply to this or @ me so I don't miss the notification!

Certainly not the most important question but does anyone know if they are doing the “pick a pearl” still in the Japan Pavilion? Obviously crowds are lighter than normal, but that area used to get extremely crowded. It’s been quite a few years since my last visit so maybe things have changed though. Thanks for any info anyone may have

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter