Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! At $50/vehicle, it's not bad. Surf's Up or Madagascar for the movies. It says in your car, but I wonder if you can bring lawn chairs? I really like SeaWorld's doing this for the weekend.
I expanded on the details, thanks for mentioning. Also, APs get 20% off of that price, so it's $40

Were they inside or out? Cause if you aren't around people outside, not in the parks, do you have to have them on? I mean if you are on a walking path way away from anyone outside I would think you wouldn't have to have them on.
Orange County has a mask in at all times when outside or inside, the only time it’s not required is when in your home, car or exercising.

They announced a virtual queue for ROTR tomorrow. You can try to enter the queue at 10:00, 1:00 and 4:00 (but can only experience once).

I’m really interested go see how this works out tomorrow. We have a reservation at DHS on Thursday and I’m hoping we will be able to get a boarding pass for ROTR during one of the three slots.

I’m really interested go see how this works out tomorrow. We have a reservation at DHS on Thursday and I’m hoping we will be able to get a boarding pass for ROTR during one of the three slots.
I’m there the following Thursday and am wondering the same.

Not at the present time, they have suspended all AP sales.
Thanks, that's what I thought. Any reason given?

I wonder if it's because they are worried they'll shut down again and have to deal with the logistics (which they didn't do well thai time). Plus if they shut down again it will push the passes into the 50th and they want people paying more money for that time.

Yeah, I entered the queue when it opened at 1pm EST. Was 31400 in line. Waited 9:40 and just bought my merch a little while ago. It was a long, long wait.
Oh my. Yea it looks like the number of people ahead of me is going down by roughly 120 people a minute. Divide that by the number of people in front says about 8.5 hours I'll be in line. Yeah, I won't be up for that lol

Thanks, that's what I thought. Any reason given?

I wonder if it's because they are worried they'll shut down again and have to deal with the logistics (which they didn't do well thai time). Plus if they shut down again it will push the passes into the 50th and they want people paying more money for that time.
I'd assume the biggest reason is that park availability for APs is REALLY bad right now, so for them to offer new annual passes would probably infuriate a large group of people who already feel pretty shunned right now.

Golf courses too? Cause that is crazy if I am playing with my sons way away from anyone else.

I would double check with the course but around here (PA - private course) - it’s masks on when you are in your loading area where people are finishing their rounds and pulling up in their carts or grabbing a drink at the little halfway house and then it’s one family/household or person per cart - no masks during play or in the cart. No sharing carts unless you share a household.

The thing is that I am actually here & have not seen it once. I am not saying it doesn’t happen at all, but it’s is likely very infrequently.
Wait, you're on site and not seen people taking off masks during rides? Damn, I need to walk around with you. Today was Ak again for us and while I really didnt see too many with improper masks, I did see an entire family pull masks down/off on Navi and another group had done so on Triceratops Spin. I haven't been on a dark ride where I haven't been able to spot at least one person who disengaged masks only to put them on right before getting to the disembraking area.

I’ve spent most of the last months on this thread so I am putting this here.

I feel absolutely gutted. My DD17 just decided not to go on our WDW trip with me. We leave tomorrow Wednesday. I am still going. Solo. I’ve never done a solo trip before. Just going to make the best of it. I guess I need to cancel her Park Passes, ADRs, airline tix, etc. 2020 cant get any weirder, can it?!?

He also said that Plat and Gold APs would get "more than fair" treatment and lower tier APs would be disappointed. It actually has reversed. The lower tier APs almost have the same benefits as Plat/Gold now with the DPP availability, or lack thereof. At the VERY minimum, Disney should have offered gift cards to higher level passes to reflect the lack of benefits. If I had a Plat/Gold I'd be pretty upset. I'd probably get a refund and then just get a lower tier AP with the money and keep the extra. I wonder if Remy stopped dropping in because Disney higher ups changed course dramatically and he was not happy with the new changes (as he was a higher tier AP iirc) and decided to plan on cancelling his AP too.
I wouldn’t say the lower passes have the same benefits as the upper tiers now. I have weekday select. I’m still blocked until August, and I still can’t go on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter