Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve spent most of the last months on this thread so I am putting this here.

I feel absolutely gutted. My DD17 just decided not to go on our WDW trip with me. We leave tomorrow Wednesday. I am still going. Solo. I’ve never done a solo trip before. Just going to make the best of it. I guess I need to cancel her Park Passes, ADRs, airline tix, etc. 2020 cant get any weirder, can it?!?

I'm sorry! I'll be there starting Sunday night, solo trip. I don't know how long you're here, but PM me if you want to see if we have park overlap. Otherwise, I LOVE solo trips, so I'm hopeful you can still have a good time. That sucks though.

I feel absolutely gutted. My DD17 just decided not to go on our WDW trip with me. We leave tomorrow Wednesday. I am still going. Solo. I’ve never done a solo trip before. Just going to make the best of it. I guess I need to cancel her Park Passes, ADRs, airline tix, etc. 2020 cant get any weirder, can it?!?
Sorry to hear that, but for what it's worth, as MegaraWink also pointed out, solo trips can be a wonderful thing! I took my first one a couple years back and had an absolutely wonderful time. Hope you do as well.

Edit: Corrected spelling error

i feel for you my son pulled out of my Dec. trip. I don’t understand the reasoning, it wasn’t COVID related and he has the week off from college, maybe I’m just getting old.

Aw, I'm so sorry! I promise you can still have a wonderful time though! Take in the sights and sounds, explore on a whim. I bet your daughter will have regretted not going after seeing all the pictures of your great trip!
I wouldn’t say the lower passes have the same benefits as the upper tiers now. I have weekday select. I’m still blocked until August, and I still can’t go on weekends.
True, I also have Weekday Select. But we paid like $500-800 (depending on FL res. or not) less than Plats did, and now they don't have access to water parks, the AP availability calendar is horrendous for everyone, so July and weekends are pretty blocked for them too. I really feel bad for those higher tiers right now.
This may already have been asked, but do we need to do anything if we want the extension?
The 30 day extension is the auto option, but you can also open your AP email, click the private link and officially select your option from there. That's what I did.

Has anyone else noted the smell effects being turned WAY up on rides? I first noticed it on Pirates and just chalked it up to being away for so long/first day running or whatever. But then I thought about how much harder it is to smell with a mask on. I don’t have a great nose and normally miss a lot of the Disney smells in rides. I’d never noticed some of the smells in Pirates. I wonder if that’s really what’s going on or if it’s just me.
Perhaps its the lower throughput of guests allowing the smells to linger in the air longer.

Wait, you're on site and not seen people taking off masks during rides? Damn, I need to walk around with you. Today was Ak again for us and while I really didnt see too many with improper masks, I did see an entire family pull masks down/off on Navi and another group had done so on Triceratops Spin. I haven't been on a dark ride where I haven't been able to spot at least one person who disengaged masks only to put them on right before getting to the disembraking area.
I was at AK too & no I didn’t see any of that. But we only ride Navi river & KS.

What streams are happening for DHS/EPCOT reopening day tomorrow?

ResortTV1 will be at DHS around 10a ET (on YouTube)
CoryMeetsWorld will be at EPCOT around 10:45a ET (on YouTube)

Anyone else worth watching? Is @yulilin3 streaming anything tomorrow? I think she was at AK today.
I'll be at dhs but not sure if I'll live stream, i have tons of content to gather for SiDisney so I'll be recording a lot.

I'm so sorry if this has already been reported. I've been here for three days and thus haven't kept up and I'm 120 pages behind. But starting yesterday, the Annual Passholders merchandise discount has been increased to 30% off for the next 30 days.

Also, I'm headed to EPCOT today so if anyone has any questions that are still unanswered from the CM previews please feel free to ask,
just be sure to reply to this or @ me so I don't miss the notification!
@Yooperroo Have a blast in Epcot! I’m wondering if there is still Orange bird merchandise (drink pitcher, glasses) for sale in Epcot at the festival merch booths, and if so, if the 30% AP discount applies. Wondering too if there are any of the limited edition Epcot posters out for sale (all sold out in minutes on shopDisney). Also, if you happen to pick up a times guide, wondering which days of the week Mariachi Cobre is scheduled (they used to take off Fridays and Saturdays and Marimba de las Americas would play on those days instead). Thanks and have all the fun!

@Yooperroo Have a blast in Epcot! I’m wondering if there is still Orange bird merchandise (drink pitcher, glasses) for sale in Epcot at the festival merch booths, and if so, if the 30% AP discount applies. Wondering too if there are any of the limited edition Epcot posters out for sale (all sold out in minutes on shopDisney). Also, if you happen to pick up a times guide, wondering which days of the week Mariachi Cobre is scheduled (they used to take off Fridays and Saturdays and Marimba de las Americas would play on those days instead). Thanks and have all the fun!
I will definitely check on all of that! My kids want the orange bird glasses, too.

Today Disneyland Paris officially opens!
What we see around the parks:
- New sign at the entrance: It's Time for Magic
- Several spots to take selfies with characters throughout the park: Snow White & Prince at the well, Jack Sparrow at Pirates, Donald on Main Street, Aurora & Phillip on the castle balcony, Pooh characters near Casey's corner, Cowgirl Minnie in Frontierland.
Olaf in the Studios, Cinderella & Fairy Godmother in carriage at Mickey and the Magician, Mickey in his Mickey and the Magician outfit, Marvel characters (in the selection: Dr. Strange & Black Panther, Captain America & Captain Marvel, Loki & Thor, Spiderman & Black Widow, this got busy yesterday), Woody in the Studios, Classic Characters in the Studios as well, Sully in the Studios.
- Classic characters at the Main Street Station to say goodbye to guests.
- Incredible characters make rounds through the studios
- Until now no sign of a parade replacement like in the Magic Kingdom
- Stretching room still used in Phantom Manor
- Waiting times at noon max. 45 minutes for RC Racer, 20 minutes for Crush Coaster, Star Tours, meet Star Wars character, Peter Pan, Meet Mickey is at 15.
- Railroad is back in business (after a 20 months! closure)
- AP previews were mainly busy at the shops due to the sales they have installed, starting on the same day as AP previews.
- Fontain show at the castle at close, very low key (at least on 14 July)
- Loads of new snacks which were probably planned already for the summer season as they are mainly themed around Jungle Book & Lion King.
- No park maps available except at City Hall, everyone is encouraged to download the app.

Disney announcing they are opening more "select date" reservations for AP holders in July and August is so disingenuous.
Since they made it a point to say this does not increase park capacity all it tells me is they are shuffling the pass numbers around in the buckets. I feel like they are only doing that because they see they don't have the resort/daily ticket sales they thought they would get.
They aren't doing this as some kind gesture to APs, this is something they should have done any dang way.

Also, some good a 30% merch discount does if you can't get into the parks to use it.

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen Crush at 20 mins. Enjoy!
I'm just quoting the times on the app :P My visit is not till 1.5 week! I think Crush is the one ride where you don't really notice the measures, as a cart only holds 4 people, so a lot of families always ride in their own cart. And I think, as the 4 seats are back to back (2 by 2), you could do 2 parties of 2 also during social distancing times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter