Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dined at Homecoming twice this week, primarily because their new outdoor patio is comfortable even in the horrific heat. I won't eat indoors right now and patio options are fairly limited on property. They have lots of fans going, plus some breeze coming off the water side (since they aren't smashed in between buildings), and it was very comfortable.

We did breakfast at 9:30 (lots of people opted for patio) and lunch at 11:30 (we were the only party on the patio) and weren't hot either time.

I would hit any stores you want before lunch - it was significantly busier at 12:30 when we finished lunch and crowds were pouring in from the parking garage.
Thanks for the heads up. Doing very limited shopping if any but we’ll do it before our reservation. Hoping for patio seating as well!

If I were a Florida resident, I’d absolutely get this for my trip in August and October. I planned on going to Universal in October even after the cancellation of HHN because I havent ridden Hagrids yet. I havent looked, are there non-local deals going on for UOR?

Universal is doing the Buy 2 days, Get 2 Free days for everyone. You can choose from 2 parks or 3 parks.

With regards to the discussion on advertising, I can confirm that Disney has been actively advertising in my area since about a week after the parks opened. I usually see it in my email account or other websites I frequent. They have a couple ads, one with Mickey and the other with Edna Mode emphasizing the virus safety procedures. Clicking on the ads takes you directly to the Disney website where the safety procedures and protocols are discussed. Ironically, these ads frequently show up in tandem with a SW airlines ad. Obviously they aren't going to be advertising in every geographic area (which is why many of you aren't aware they're advertising), but they are heavily advertising in my area.

FWIW, I do live in an area that has had a very low rate of Covid cases, and it's possible that is something they're looking for before getting ads out. However, in hindsight, this could just mean that I'm labeled as a sucker in their system, so they're just throwing out an ad with a high rack rate because they think I'm likely to bite :rolleyes2
I get like, weekly DVC deal email and lots of shopDisney and Disney+ emails. Marketing is always going on but not on a large scale like usual at the moment. Interesting that you’re seeing ads! They could be hyper targeted but regardless of how safe your area is, I still believe they know it’s not exactly ethical to be luring people to the hot spot of all hot spots right now.

And by the way in terms of the perception issue you are also way off
Do you know that when there is an airline disaster all airlines regularly pull advertising for weeks at a time? Tourism advertising is very skittish about airing commercials that appear to be ill timed...you probably find this hysterical tho

06A19E49-D0C9-4B91-A2BD-AFA036A5A553.jpeg

Ill timed like advertising vacation prices in the middle of a recession that saw, at the time, the highest unemployment rate in the US in 20 years?

I still believe they know it’s not exactly ethical to be luring people to the hot spot of all hot spots right now.

Well, it's a 15 second clip that states in big bold font "Magic is Here", "Get your Theme Park Tickets Now", "Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort".

Their intent seems pretty clear to me.

Well, it's a 15 second clip that states in big bold font "Magic is Here", "Get your Theme Park Tickets Now", "Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort".

There intent seems pretty clear to me.
Yeah my point was if they're highly targeted ads in low case areas, it would defeat the purpose of safety by advertising to those in that safe area to visit a state with exploding cases. Perhaps it’s geared toward states that don’t have any quarantine restrictions?

I have no insight into their marketing efforts but as a career marketer it fascinates me.

Perhaps it’s geared toward states that don’t have any quarantine restrictions?
Yea, I suspect that's the case. And this would still support their limited capacity strategy. They want guests, but the "right" guests or those from the "right" area, if that makes sense. Or, as I stated earlier, I'm labeled as a Disney Sucker in their system and the ad is literally only going out to me, lol.

Yea, I suspect that's the case. And this would still support their limited capacity strategy. They want guests, but the "right" guests or those from the "right" area, if that makes sense. Or, as I stated earlier, I'm labeled as a Disney Sucker in their system and the ad is literally only going out to me, lol.

We want people, but not too many people to compromise the level of guest and cm safety.

This is a straw man argument and you know it. Recession ≠ global pandemic + recession. Let it go.

Its really not though. If airlines weren’t running, and Disney was only allowing Florida residents to visit the parks, then sure. But at the end of the day, a recession or recession + pandemic its still the choice of the consumer to make the decision themselves.

This is probably obvious but I haven’t seen a Disney Parks advertisement in Canada for months and I am usually 1. A huge target of their internet targeted ads; and 2. Hugely excited to see them.
I am also on the west coast of Canada so it’s more common to get DL ads but I see lots WDW ads as well. It makes sense they aren’t spending the money here due to travel restrictions.

I laughed because your posts always seem to be in absolutes. :tigger: You both are right about things. Just agree to disagree.

My overarching argument was based on an opinion I had, and was stated as such from the beginning. So I’ll have to disagree that I’m speaking in absolutes. I’ve also admitted to being wrong on many occasions here. It’s not as scary as some may think

Its really not though. If airlines weren’t running, and Disney was only allowing Florida residents to visit the parks, then sure. But at the end of the day, a recession or recession + pandemic its still the choice of the consumer to make the decision themselves.
Now I’m laughing and believe me it’s not with you.
Encouraging spending is one way to get out of a recession. The current situation is different.
the perception is it’s a little tough to encourage people to travel to FLA given their current situation. It’s a bit more than just the economic downturn.
but whatever. I only have 25 years experience in advertising and was trying to shed some light on what the current landscape is. But clearly you pulling out old out of context ads has more merit
Kind of emblematic of where we are as a nation right now. Instead of listening to others who may have some relevant info we just yell louder and throw shade. No need to discuss further. Clearly you know everything.

My overarching argument was based on an opinion I had, and was stated as such from the beginning. So I’ll have to disagree that I’m speaking in absolutes. I’ve also admitted to being wrong on many occasions here. It’s not as scary as some may think
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the poster that asked "what is funny?" Don't know why the quote feature didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter