Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fully eliminating the quarantine. Now the quarantine period is 3 days and then you must get a negative test to end the quarantine. Without the negative test it’s still a 14 day quarantine requirement. It’s still an intricate process. For NYer’s coming back from visiting WDW, they would need a negative test within 3 days of their flight (in the state they’re coming back from), then have to quarantine for 3 days in NY, then get another negative test in NY.

Is the test site still open near Disney? and do they take NON Florida residents? @yulilin3 do you know?

Lots of test sites here in FL only accept Florida Residents. This is something that could also be a problem

Not fully eliminating the quarantine. Now the quarantine period is 3 days and then you must get a negative test to end the quarantine. Without the negative test it’s still a 14 day quarantine requirement. It’s still an intricate process. For NYer’s coming back from visiting WDW, they would need a negative test within 3 days of their flight (in the state they’re coming back from), then have to quarantine for 3 days in NY, then get another negative test in NY.
Yes, but if a visitor came from sat-thurs, took yes one Thursday morning and #2 Sunday in a quick turnaround lab, that puts you back into society by Tuesday (assuming all goes well).
Same theory could work for visitors into the state, as well.
I think this could also be a precedent for international travel. Overall a positive change during a crummy week of news.

Yes, but if a visitor came from sat-thurs, took yes one Thursday morning and #2 Sunday in a quick turnaround lab, that puts you back into society by Tuesday (assuming all goes well).
Same theory could work for visitors into the state, as well.
I think this could also be a precedent for international travel. Overall a positive change during a crummy week of news.
I’m thinking the second test would have to be Monday. It has to be after 3 full days of quarantine (in that example Friday-Sunday would be quarantine). Test on Monday and hope results by Wednesday.

I’m thinking the second test would have to be Monday. It has to be after 3 full days of quarantine (in that example Friday-Sunday would be quarantine). Test on Monday and hope results by Wednesday.
Fair point on timing. If the kids are virtual class rooming, and you have the luxury of working from home, I still see it as way more feasible to drastically cut down the old 14 day rule. Will the masses be returning to WDW from NY (and I'll assume NJ and CT will follow suite in their coalition of states, maybe even PA)? No. But some % will, and that will help the industry overall.
The timing is interesting, because I think our current wave will have a natural effect of tamping travel for any number of weeks. We might be looking at closer to late August crowds for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

yeah - definitely more of a process, BUT if you can complete it there is less time away from work or school for people that would impact

I know that is a concern for us for our potential trip next March that kids would potentially miss school when we come back - though I guess they could just do it virtual, but we are on hybrid right now and the days they are physically in school are a lot better for them (and for us!) so only missing a couple of days vs 2 weeks is appealing

Though who the heck knows what things will be like in March, but interesting to monitor at least

Are these covid tests for air travel mostly? If it’s for all travel are there roadblocks set up to let you in and out of the state and entered in to a data base? I’m confused how this would work. Will NY notify the state (aka WDW) people came from if they test positive once back?

Are these covid tests for air travel mostly? If it’s for all travel are there roadblocks set up to let you in and out of the state and entered in to a data base? I’m confused how this would work. Will NY notify the state (aka WDW) people came from if they test positive once back?
If it’s like how they’ve handled the quarantine restrictions, it will basically be just for air travel. This sounds like a mess.

No there aren’t roadblocks. It’s still relying on the honor system and self reporting, just like NY has done for the past 6 months with their quarantine requirements. You have to go online and fill out a form. For air travel, they usually make sure you complete the form prior to leaving the airport. It’s mainly a way to let people travel a bit more freely without having to quarantine for 14 days once back. Cuomo understands that with holidays approaching, more people will be traveling to NY for family or traveling out of state.

Right now, state and local government employees in NY, if they travel to one of the quarantine states, MUST quarantine for that 14 days or else they lose access to the additional sick time for COVID provided by the state. This will allow people to get back to work quicker if they do have to travel out of state. But, it’s still based on self reporting.

If it’s like how they’ve handled the quarantine restrictions, it will basically be just for air travel. This sounds like a mess.
Sure, it’s largely the phrase we use often on these boards. “Theater.” But, it will catch a few folks who might have fallen through the cracks.
Also, I would have better peace of mind if my coworker had received 2 negative tests before coming back to work more than “quarantining” at home, where they’d likely been to the gym, grocery store, friend’s house for dinner, etc. Which brings to mind that employers who adopt this will have something to fall back on.

Definitely an intricate process. I have to say, I'm glad I'm in CT and my state only requires a negative test after returning to get out of quarantine. I really hope we don't follow the new NY requirements. I really don't want to have to test in FL and then again upon return.

Definitely an intricate process. I have to say, I'm glad I'm in CT and my state only requires a negative test after returning to get out of quarantine. I really hope we don't follow the new NY requirements. I really don't want to have to test in FL and then again upon return.
Considering how hard it is to get tested in some states if not symptomatic it could be very problematic.

I don’t think CT & NJ will necessarily follow. From the outside I see a perception that the “Tri-State quarantine” is one thing with one set of rules for all of you but in reality y’all only shared the list of states that required quarantines and the similarities ended there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter