Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specific question here...much like people were wondering about the animals at AK and AKL does anyone know how the horses are doing over at the Tri-Circle D? I assume those CMs are still working.
Obviously. Disney is not starving nor abandoning their animals :sad2:

Keeping the Flower and Gardens elements maintained all this time should (to the common sense eye) point to a sign saying that Disney was thinking of reopening before May 31st.
Why kept them up if they were thinking of not reopening before the festival closed?
That's where my mind is at as well.

Please stop trying to read everyone's tone and mind. I don't see anyone making fun of people. We all know that if our trips were at stake we would be emotional, too.

“You have to understand people. In this day and age, many only gravitate to news they WANT to hear and supports their view. Anything outside of that is ignored, dismissed or outright refuted”

These types of comments are mocking people that are keeping optimistic about upcoming trips in June, and it’s far from the first time I’ve seen a comment of this ilk posted on here.

That's what the "positive contribution" comment made by Chapek in the earnings call meant. They would open the parks if they could even lose less money than they would have by keeping the closed.
"positive contribution" was simply Chapek's attempt to assure investors Disney won't open if they don't think anyone will come.

100%, they are getting pressure from all aspects here in Central Florida. The area is financially bleeding every day the big parks are closed, I've said this before, the big parks being closed affects everyone from big conventions, to huge resorts to smaller gift shops, restaurants, to mom and pop store on 192 and IDrive
And I imagine that the fact that Florida relies so heavily on sales tax is another pressure on Disney and other parks to open as soon as they can.

“You have to understand people. In this day and age, many only gravitate to news they WANT to hear and supports their view. Anything outside of that is ignored, dismissed or outright refuted”

These types of comments are mocking people that are keeping optimistic about upcoming trips in June, and it’s far from the first time I’ve seen a comment of this ilk posted on here.
Wasn't that same post also applied to people on both sides? Hard to see here how that would be mocking anyone.

That would apply to both sides and similar has been said when articles supporting later even next year openings. People cling to what supports their viewpoint, it’s true.

Check out who believes each source leak depending what they say. Spoiler alert, the early openers believe the earlier leaks, the late openers believe the later leaks. It’s natural we believe what makes sense to us, and question what sounds outrageous and untrue to us.

Common sense tells me The Walt Disney Company is not going to be bullied into anything.
not only that during the task force call yesterday all industries agreed that WDW opening would give a sense of security to visitors because they are Disney. Meaning I might not go to, lets say, Gatorland, f they reopen cause I don't know if its safe but if Disney opens it means the entire Central Florida is safe, sort of mentality

It's actually a well known and often researched topic rooted in the effect of media on tribalism. It's human nature although it's truly uncomfortable to face and has massive repercussions for our society. It doesn't really mock anyone to acknowledge something that is fundamentally true about both sides of any issue. It just points out a shortcoming the vast majority of humans share.

Seems like a good time to remind everyone the DIS has an ignore feature. If you don't like anything about someone, click their username and ignore and you won't have to see stuff from them again (you will also have a little notification that says "show ignored content" if users you have ignored post content so the option to see it will be there).

not only that during the task force call yesterday all industries agreed that WDW opening would give a sense of security to visitors because they are Disney. Meaning I might not go to, lets say, Gatorland, f they reopen cause I don't know if its safe but if Disney opens it means the entire Central Florida is safe, sort of mentality

Kind of like how this pandemic became reality when they closed.

exactly, they could have reopened DS as of this past Monday and didn't. They are waiting for the numbers coming out in a couple of weeks and will make a decision then
I agree. I also think they don't want to announce any opening too far in advance in order to avoid an influx of people as soon as the parks open. They probably want to try to gradually ramp up crowds as much as possible with all of the new processes they are likely going to have to put in place.

I do expect Disney Springs to open relatively soon given that it is basically an open air mall. I do think they won't announce that in advance at all. They'll probably just announce one morning that Disney Springs is open.

I would guess that they probably have a planned date in mind right now and that date is probably in early June but I would expect them to back off if the situation with the virus gets worse over the next couple weeks.

I agree. I also think they don't want to announce any opening too far in advance in order to avoid an influx of people as soon as the parks open. They probably want to try to gradually ramp up crowds as much as possible with all of the new processes they are likely going to have to put in place.

I do expect Disney Springs to open relatively soon given that it is basically an open air mall. I do think they won't announce that in advance at all. They'll probably just announce one morning that Disney Springs is open.

I would guess that they probably have a planned date in mind right now and that date is probably in early June but I would expect them to back off if the situation with the virus gets worse over the next couple weeks.
we will know a week ahead of time when DS because CM will share that they are scheduled, but yes, they might not give any official (DPB) statement about it

That would apply to both sides and similar has been said when articles supporting later even next year openings. People cling to what supports their viewpoint, it’s true.

Check out who believes each source leak depending what they say. Spoiler alert, the early openers believe the earlier leaks, the late openers believe the later leaks. It’s natural we believe what makes sense to us, and question what sounds outrageous and untrue to us.

it does apply to both sides, which is why I said as much in my post responding to the comment that has sparked this ongoing conversation. My comment(s) didn’t need to be responded to as I wasn’t giving out any information that wasn’t already known. But it is a little interesting that the people that have responded are those that believe the park isn’t opening up anytime soon. Some have been more civil than others.

As I said in that original post, optimism is a more friendly way to approach life than constant cynicism, Disney and otherwise.

Give me a news article based on facts and not opinions and I'll gravitate all day long. I'm pretty fair- I dismiss any information that's just based on a personal opinion. I kind of like facts- weird that way , I know.

The only place you will get "facts" is from Disney. That is not going to happen anytime soon. I was on the earnings call and every question about the parks reopening was answered in vague non-answers. They talked around the questions. The only questions they gave a pretty good answer for was park capacity in which Bob Chapek said he felt that due to pent up demand they feel that they will fill the parks at whatever reduced capacity they open at. If they are not giving Wall Street straight answers then I believe the "press release" announcing park openings is still some time away from happening. So, until Disney decides to give us facts, all we can do is speculate.

Check out who believes each source leak depending what they say. Spoiler alert, the early openers believe the earlier leaks, the late openers believe the later leaks

And then you have those of us who don’t believe any of the leaks. There has not been a single post here that started out with “I have a source” or “a CM told me” and then go on to reveal details, that I believed at all. I want them open, but these leaks are just silly. I pay a great deal of attention to the opinions of a very few posters that I’ve found to be reliable over the years. But none of those have ever tried to act like they somehow have inside information - if they have it, they keep it to themselves. Not to say I don’t love Sven or whatever his name is - I just don’t believe him. :)

And that right there is a lot of pressure on Disney from two sides - 1. FL wants them open ASAP and 2. they'll be looked at as responsible if opening too soon.

exactly.
Anyways, they won't be pressured or be quick to open, we would already have things opened if that was the case. Mini golf could open easily now and water parks as well, and DS.
They are being careful

I tend to agree with your careful statement. Disney has a sterling reputation. The last thing they would want to do is rush to open and have a hot spot of infections be tied to them. They would then be painted as the big company that only wants to make profits and their "good will" would be damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter