Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call these my Therapy Threads. I don't have a trip planned, but my days would feel a lot more dull and dreary if I couldn't read the latest "pointless speculation" and ensuing discussion on the Dis. No joke. :-)

oh so much This^

Mostly I know that this is all the same gobbledy goop regurgitated over and over again (will they open? who knows? i know. you dont know. the state knows. the state didnt say. earnings call. means nothing. what about dvc. what about pass holders. what about my trip. dont talk about masks here.)

But it is so therapeutic to see other people obsess about the same thoughts I'm having. Also known as "validating". Tomato Tomahto.

I'm here for it. Carry on.

I call these my Therapy Threads. I don't have a trip planned, but my days would feel a lot more dull and dreary if I couldn't read the latest "pointless speculation" and ensuing discussion on the Dis. No joke. :-)
Maybe not entirely pointless. We're Disney fans. Talking about Disney affords some manner of entertainment all by itself.

Yea I meant the constant "I don't think it will open until" and "I think it will open because" type stuff.

It's obviously a moving target, but actual updates will/do happen.

There will be an official open date from Disney, until then.....

The threads are always great escapes.

Specific question here...much like people were wondering about the animals at AK and AKL does anyone know how the horses are doing over at the Tri-Circle D? I assume those CMs are still working.

Flower and Garden was set to end June 1st. So I read nothing into this. If anything its more optimism to June 1st believers because removing those on May 31st while also concentrating on opening the parks The next day would be counter productive
I am still hoping/ predicting a mid June to early July phased opening. BUT I have to admit as optimistic as I am and have been...there is a worry creeping in (even though I lie heavily in the camp that it is time to open the states and navigate this virus as best as we can....I see first hand what the economy is doing to many....another topic..another day). I still cant see any closure past August 1 happening though

Keeping the Flower and Gardens elements maintained all this time should (to the common sense eye) point to a sign saying that Disney was thinking of reopening before May 31st.
Why kept them up if they were thinking of not reopening before the festival closed?

How convenient that the festival was set to end the day before the speculated opening lol!

You could view it glass half full, they’re starting a changeover in preparation for a sooner than later opening. You could view it half empty, they’re just removing it now because they started the late May cancellations and are definitely not opening before festivals end.

At least it’s something new to speculate from.

You’re right. Just like people saying that Disney wont open until August or even next year, without an ounce of real basis WANT Disney closed until those baseless dates. Theres at least more evidence towards a June opening than August or later. No one knows except Disney when the parks could potentially be opened. I find optimism to be more satisfying than cynicism, especially when the cynicism is being passed off as if its fact
Can we all just stipulate that since we are participating on a board revolving around Disney vacations that we all WANT Disney to open everything like, tomorrow?
But because there is a complete lack of real info regarding the domestic parks (even the official DL news that came out is vague) people are left to speculate. I don’t take anyone’s opinion on opening dates as anything other than that. No matter what source they may have. I don’t really understand while people get so emotional if someone thinks it will be later rather than sooner

I am still hoping/ predicting a mid June to early July phased opening. BUT I have to admit as optimistic as I am and have been...there is a worry creeping in (even though I lie heavily in the camp that it is time to open the states and navigate this virus as best as we can....I see first hand what the economy is doing to many....another topic..another day). I still cant see any closure past August 1 happening though

July 1st would be the beginning of Q4 for Disney. With still no movies coming out during Q3, and the major impact from parks closures coming in this quarter, they’re probably going to want to open at least a few weeks before July 1st. If they can lessen the blow even a little bit, they’re going to. Chapek said the demand to return is there, and lying to investors about that would be pretty dangerous. If they absolutely cannot conceivably open up before July 1st, obviously they wont. But if they can, they will.

Can we all just stipulate that since we are participating on a board revolving around Disney vacations that we all WANT Disney to open everything like, tomorrow?
But because there is a complete lack of real info regarding the domestic parks (even the official DL news that came out is vague) people are left to speculate. I don’t take anyone’s opinion on opening dates as anything other than that. No matter what source they may have. I don’t really understand while people get so emotional if someone thinks it will be later rather than sooner
because it's the Disboard :D
welcome btw

We get emotional about everything around here 🤪

Quite a few of the people saying August or beyond have also said in different posts that they wouldn't go to Disney if they had reservations for June 1st out of safety. So I do think that there are some people that dont want Disney to open on June 1st. Whether its for selfish reasons (“If I cant go, I dont want anyone to go”), or for actual safety concerns is up for debate.

People plan these trips well ahead of time, and for some its not a regular occurrence going to Disney parks. So i think people have every right to get a little emotional if their trip is potentially going to be cancelled

Everyone should read this article about Disney opening domestically...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...it-will-be-lot-longer-before-that-happens-us/
I think this and other threads on the Rumors Board are providing the analysis for these journalists. It's some of the same speculations we have been discussing here. :bored:

Something key is that if Disney is losing 30 million dollars per day, or whatever crazy amount it is, opening may not bring profits, but may reduce the amount that they are losing, especially since they would staff the park to the reduced capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter