• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense, and I agree. I feel like they’re actively trying to discourage the “once in a lifetime” trips by making them almost impossible. AP’s and locals will roll with these changes - the family who’s been saving for 2 years to go for the first time will likely not want to go with the parks like this.
exactly! and they have every right to feel this way. If i was planning a once in a lifetime trip, i would be canceling as fast as i could.

Someone - maybe Remy? I don’t remember - said all APs are frozen and the expectation is they will be frozen while things are limited. Nothing official has been announced yet, though.

:hug:
I have 2 reservations booked for July (I did it to be safe lol) so hopefully they reach out to me! One’s July 11-15 and the other is July 17-21.

Ready to see news about closed attractions and what they’re doing with APs. If APs will continue to be extended, I’m wondering if I can go activate my purchased but not yet active AP and the clock not actually start. If I can go for “free”, I’ll go depending on the amount of closed attractions. I have a POP reservation for late July.
Speaking of, with no ADRs and no FP and potentially severely limited transportation, I’ll be leaning towards staying off site. I have a feeling many hotels will have dirt cheap rates. One of the biggest draws to staying onsite is the 60 day FP window. With that gone, the premium rates for not-so-premium rooms doesn’t seem like a logical choice currently.

I think the thing to watch for right now is how the theme park reservation system works in partnership with dining reservations.

It wont be fair to allow people to make dining reservations if they don't have a theme park reservation secured. Ex: I booked a ressie at Cinderella's Royal Table but I haven't reserved a reservation to visit MK that day. Wooo that would be a nightmare.

Ready to see news about closed attractions and what they’re doing with APs. If APs will continue to be extended, I’m wondering if I can go activate my purchased but not yet active AP and the clock not actually start. If I can go for “free”, I’ll go depending on the amount of closed attractions. I have a POP reservation for late July.
Speaking of, with no ADRs and no FP and potentially severely limited transportation, I’ll be leaning towards staying off site. I have a feeling many hotels will have dirt cheap rates. One of the biggest draws to staying onsite is the 60 day FP window. With that gone, the premium rates for not-so-premium rooms doesn’t seem like a logical choice currently.
Twins, also Pop late July, and I agree. Especially if the Skyliner isn’t running.....I’ll be offsite lickety-split.

exactly! and they have every right to feel this way. If i was planning a once in a lifetime trip, i would be canceling as fast as i could.

Absolutely I would, too! I think they’re counting on that. It helps them out a lot right now if people decide it’s not worth the time/money/effort for the experience they’d be getting right now. Helps them even more if people decide to just delay their trip, save a little more, and then come during the 50th.

That makes sense, and I agree. I feel like they’re actively trying to discourage the “once in a lifetime” trips by making them almost impossible. AP’s and locals will roll with these changes - the family who’s been saving for 2 years to go for the first time will likely not want to go with the parks like this.
Exactly. Disney probably doesn't want those people right now. I mean, they want their money, but for the time being, they probably want people who are going to naturally be flexible.

I don't know any 2 year old who would, my youngest will be 2 next month.At they don't have the reasoning skills either, or the power of bribery doesn't work yet....lol
Same. I am 100% pro mask but I am not sure my 2YO will be able to adapt. My 3 year old can do it, but we’ve just not brought our 2 year old into a building that isn’t out house in 10 weeks.

Thankfully I have 4 months to try to train him.

Exactly! We haven’t even tried yet she won’t be two till July, I’m hoping they go with 3, 2 is rough for a mask. I may be able to get her in one for 30 minutes tops!

I’m also pro mask we all wear them out if we go, example on our Family hike 2 weeks ago the 6 year old wore it the whole time.

Oh for sure. I was just curious if anyone else was like “I’m actually totally fine going with it like this”, because as of right now I still plan on going (if they let me with my AP!).

DH & I are! It’s just us, no kids, and we’ve been several times, so there isn’t really any pressure on this trip for us. It’s a trip to celebrate our 5th anniversary, and this year has been rough. We lost my MIL in February and had two non-Disney trips cancelled already. We’re just happy if we get to go at this point. 😂 We don’t really do ADRs and we can wing the attractions. We are really hoping to get to experience SWGE since we haven’t done that yet, but I don’t know if it will be a deal breaker for us if we don’t.

Tried to skim through a lot of posts, but don’t know if this has been brought up: I find the language intriguing about the Free Dining bookings - the part about 35% off a “future” date. It says the dining packages and ADRs will be canceled, but the discount off a hotel reservation in the future makes it seem like they’re saying the whole package (including room) will be canceled.

Last edited:
Tried to skim through a lot of posts, but don’t know if this has been brought up: I find the language intriguing about the Free Dining bookings - the part about 35% off a “future” date. It says the Dino g packages and ADRs will be canceled, but the discount off a hotel reservation in the future makes it seem like they’re saying the whole package (including room) will be canceled.
Would you be kind enough to reference where you found the 35% off? I have a situation w. free dining in pkg (but not as a result of a rebook from previous cancellation)- the reservation is at a DVC room during the time hotel is open (but not parks)

Tried to skim through a lot of posts, but don’t know if this has been brought up: I find the language intriguing about the Free Dining bookings - the part about 35% off a “future” date. It says the Dino g packages and ADRs will be canceled, but the discount off a hotel reservation in the future makes it seem like they’re saying the whole package (including room) will be canceled.
I'm not sure I would assume what Disney means, because that implies Disney knows what they meant.

We have BWV 8/9-8/21 thru DVC. My daughter and I have AP’s, my husband still needs a pass. Will they let us get him a pass? Assuming they don’t cancel our reservation outright that is.

Would you be kind enough to reference where you found the 35% off? I have a situation w. free dining in pkg (but not as a result of a rebook from previous cancellation)- the reservation is at a DVC room during the time hotel is open (but not parks)

It’s not yet been confirmed or announced by Disney. At this point it’s still a rumor. A screenshot of some expected changes was posted on WDWMagic and then someone also tweeted it. Let me see if I can find it.

ETA:

This thread has been open for coming on three months and its the most viewed thread I have ever had. I appreciate the discussion had here and more so especially as of late since people have kept on topic more.
I was wondering what the longest and fastest growing thread has ever been and if this was it. There is usually a lot to scroll through here. But I must say last night starting at around 7:30 cst ish, was an absolute riot to read through! Thanks haha!

We have BWV 8/9-8/21 thru DVC. My daughter and I have AP’s, my husband still needs a pass. Will they let us get him a pass? Assuming they don’t cancel our reservation outright that is.
no one knows. the language right now is "no new ticket sales", so he may be SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter