• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you be kind enough to reference where you found the 35% off? I have a situation w. free dining in pkg (but not as a result of a rebook from previous cancellation)- the reservation is at a DVC room during the time hotel is open (but not parks)
I believe the 35% off offer (if you had an original free dining promo) is a rumor from a few people "in the know." I don't think we've seen that officially yet. All I've seen is that it is anticipated to be offered to those that had the free dining promo (the one released in January, not the cancellation one from March)

Am I the only one who’s ok with no FP’s or ADR’s? It sounds like we won’t need the fastpasses so as long as it doesn’t end up meaning that I have to wait 2 hours for everything, I’m cool with old school Disney. With the limited park hours, the only ADR I’d want is Oga’s and I’ve never needed one to get in there anyway (and possibly Skipper Canteen but ditto). If the park closes at 7pm I’ll just get food after once I’m back at the resort or in Disney Springs. If anything this gives me the chance to spend some time there when I’m not coming off of 15 hours in a theme park, haha. It’ll be different, but I don’t necessarily see this change as a bad thing.

Now if ROTR doesn’t open, that may change my mind. Everybody has a deal breaker & that’s mine.
My husband and I are in the same mindset. We only did 3 adrs for our upcoming trip. For our family it works out. So we will still be going as long as our reservation at the resort isn't canceled. Our kids are on board knowing things will be different. The main reason for trip is our daughter wants to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove for her 16th so we figured do Disney too. Now we're waiting to see if Discovery Cove will even let people swim with the Dolphins. I called after SeaWorld's presentation and they are not sharing any information until it's approved by the governor.

I'm not sure I would assume what Disney means, because that implies Disney knows what they meant.
That was in a posting from wdwmagic and I don’t know that it was ever confirmed what the source was or how reliable the information is. At least I haven’t seen any confirmation on it.

Edit- was wondering if DVC resort restaurants will save reservations during the DVC-only time since my reservation is still there for 7/6.

That was in a posting from wdwmagic and I don’t know that it was ever confirmed what the source was or how reliable the information is. At least I haven’t seen any confirmation on it.
LOL...I know. At first, a couple of the confusing things on it made me doubt its validity. But now it's increasingly feeling like it was something Disney would have drafted. :P

It's definitely not a better deal for anyone who had a Fun in Sun, FL resident, AP or DVC room already 😉
That’s why we didn’t re-book our trip when the offer was made after our March cancellation. Our AP discount was a much better deal for us. Of course their opening date is past the expiration of that discount and they aren’t honoring previously held discounts so now we get neither one. It’s rack rate or nothing for us if we wanted to go and if we could modify. Yesterday I could’ve modified, today that’s been removed.

Have they said anything about transportation? We never have a car and rely solely on Disney transportation. We aren't going until the end of September, but I was just wondering if they have made any announcements on that.

Think they are encouraging a lot of people not to come and it’s probably for the bestZ Cases are going up with reopening small stores. Imagine when theme parks open. Broadway won’t be opening until 2021. Be happy we are getting anything.
Am I the only one who’s ok with no FP’s or ADR’s? It sounds like we won’t need the fastpasses so as long as it doesn’t end up meaning that I have to wait 2 hours for everything, I’m cool with old school Disney. With the limited park hours, the only ADR I’d want is Oga’s and I’ve never needed one to get in there anyway (and possibly Skipper Canteen but ditto). If the park closes at 7pm I’ll just get food after once I’m back at the resort or in Disney Springs. If anything this gives me the chance to spend some time there when I’m not coming off of 15 hours in a theme park, haha. It’ll be different, but I don’t necessarily see this change as a bad thing.

Now if ROTR doesn’t open, that may change my mind. Everybody has a deal breaker & that’s mine.
Great positive attitude 👏. Thank you!

That’s why we didn’t re-book our trip when the offer was made after our March cancellation. Our AP discount was a much better deal for us. Of course their opening date is past the expiration of that discount and they aren’t honoring previously held discounts so now we get neither one. It’s rack rate or nothing for us if we wanted to go and if we could modify. Yesterday I could’ve modified, today that’s been removed.
Sigh...one of the many number if excel spreadsheets on my computer was about "proving" free dining did not make sense. That "Disney 2020" folder is just a depressing testament to wasted time.

Have they said anything about transportation? We never have a car and rely solely on Disney transportation. We aren't going until the end of September, but I was just wondering if they have made any announcements on that.
Nothing yet. We don't know what will be running i.e. bus, monorail, ferry, Skyliner or even the Magical Express. I'm pretty sure that info is coming soon though. Disney is probably still figuring it all out.

Sigh...one of the many number if excel spreadsheets on my computer was about "proving" free dining did not make sense. That "Disney 2020" folder is just a depressing testament to wasted time.
Same here, admittedly I plan a bit less then I used to. I've got things more on autopilot, but yes I've got those spreadsheets too.

They have been quiet. The only speculation I have is the staggered park hours suggest they ARE intending to use buses at reduced capacity and that will allow them to focus the fleet on individual parks at different times.

They have been quiet. The only speculation I have is the staggered park hours suggest they ARE intending to use buses at reduced capacity and that will allow them to focus the fleet on individual parks at different times.

I wonder if they will make you pre book a bus time

I have a Disney Summer 2020 folder too. It looks just like my Disney Spring 2020 folder. Both are virtual wastelands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter